_pok_

Event Planners, MC Names:
_Pok_, Anybody that wants to help?

Event Type:
Plague, Global Fear/Chaos

Event Date:
Could begin as soon as this is accepted

Factions/Nations effected by the event:
If each nation would like to go along with it in some way, then all Nations/Factions/Guilds.

Event Location:
Global;
I’d like it to start in the most population dense, Oren then spread to Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Kha in that order most likely.

Summary:
In the 37th year of Asulon, an elderly man grew ill in the nation of Seventis. His skin became dotted in green and black spots, his memory began to fade, and soon he had no feeling in most of his limbs. Within five days of his infection, the elderly man passed. It is unknown how the man got the disease, his name is also lost to history, however one thing is clear. This is the first recorded death during the Great Plague of Asulon.

Something was wrong in Seventis, the crops were strange and smelled of rot, however the peasants had to eat them because it was their only source of food. Soon, the livestock began to develop strange behaviors such as green spots and rapid shaking. The nobles of Seventis turned a blind eye to all this and continued to lavishly live life. It was not until the King himself grew ill that it was finally noticed. However, it was already too late.

First it was Seventis, following that Savlus was quickly infected. Soon the bodies of the sick filled the capitol of Arethor. Only Hanseti was able to maintain order through strict rules and quarantines. The sickness traveled by horse and sea to the Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs. Soon all of Asulon was sick.

Thousands died, most infected did not survive. Even surviving meant living with the permanent scars of the sickness. The Monks of the Cloud Temple were overwhelmed, refusing to take more of the sick, and burning the bodies of the dead. Soon the heart of Asulon, the Cloud Temple, smelled of death and rot.

As soon as the Plague came about, it disappeared. Perhaps all its host had died and it could no longer spread. Too deadly for its own good. Some groups have since tried to prepare for the second coming of the Plague.

~ Anthos ~

The people of Asulon were not the only things to travel over to Anthos with them. Small rodents from Asulon had been infected with the Plague however did not spread it to the populace directly. However, some peasants did pass from plague-like symptoms in the Orenian settlements.

Some rodents from Elysium had become infected and so too did ones in Kalos, following the people into their boats and dwelling in the hulls of most of the ships inbound for Anthos.

It has been about a year since the people of Asulon arrived here, and somewhere in Oren a young man has become sick. He does not know of the past events of the Plague and instead begins to tend to some crops in Ager.

The young man interacts with friends, shares a drink with the local bartender, and then returns home. The young man becomes bedridden, green spots growing on either of his arms. He begins to vomit and cough blood before shaking violently in his bed. Within hours he is dead. When his mother comes to his bedside, one of his spots pops and puss spreads over her skin. She too soon becomes sick.

Concept Images/Screenshots

c4oecBp.gif

mzZxdUS.png

Other Information:
In order for this to work, I need the whole server to be cooperative and willing to RP the sickness in one way or another. Even just acknowledging its existence is fine. If you’d like to play a lowly sick peasant just to spread fear and chaos, go ahead.

If this event is to work, I need the player base to go along with it, not just the E-Team.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:
If they want.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?

If the E-Team wants to be involved, actors could RP as plague doctors or sick peasants. If builders really want to be involved, I suppose they could build random fires where there are RPly burning bodies. However, none of this is required.

All I can remember from the plague is the extreme isolation of everything, which isn't fun.  Maybe if it can be done better.

I missed the first plague event, so I would really like to see this come to fruitation

All I can remember from the plague is the extreme isolation of everything, which isn't fun.  Maybe if it can be done better.

However, this is how nations dealt with the issue and it even caused some interesting roleplay for myself and some other people. For example, sick people would try to go into 'safe zones' like Hanseti to try and get away from the Plague and interesting RP would happen between those players and the populace of those 'safe zones' where panic would stir because somebody sick may get in. 

I watched a group of 'isolationists' panic and abandon a camp just because two sick people walked through. I thought it was really great RP and its that kind of feel I'd like to see again. 

In some ways, it will also bring nations coser together and bring more internal roleplay. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

I'm sorry, but I really didn't like the plague event in Asulon. There really wasn't any enjoyable RP that came from it, and most people just ended up killing people that contracted it. Sorry.

I missed the first plague so I don't know much but I'm thinking that a lot of people would just pretend they never got it if they did and powergame their way out of getting sick.

I'd made a few suggestions to this plague.

1. Link it to the current lore happenings. It was linked last time and was great fun figuring out.

2. Use the in-game potions visuals to spread the plague once its at full swing on someone....this would allow you to see a "zombie" like individual and act accordingly.

3. Have the plague compel the victim to sever loneliness. To many got it and stayed in isolation, and even more people isolated them self because they didn't have it. Version 2.0 needs a funky twist.

I really think that if this is executed properly, It would be rather fantastic. I think that there could be a bit more.. Evolution to the plague. It could go into stages like so...

Step 1: Contracting the Virus

This would be the easiest to enact. Have something be infected, and all characters who came into contact with said thing contract the disease. Easy enough. What the object was would vary depending on what the disease is. If it's an aerial disease, Maybe someone stashed a corpse in the windmills. If it's transferred by water, Maybe someone tossed a corpse or something else into the nearest river. Whatever the method of contraction is, This is the easy part.

Step 2: The Evolution

Every virus has stages, This much is known. The Virus could have many different evolutions depending on the race, leading to a host of other possible viruses. Even then, It could evolve even more due to the climate. There could be many different versions of the Human Virus because of the multitude of places that Humans live in. The same could be said for Orcs, Halflings, Elves and any other races that might inhabit Anthos.

Step 3: Spreading the Disease, and Anarchy

This has to be the most important stage of the entire event. This is when the fights happen, The governments collapse, and people ask why this is even happening. The Virus has to affect the people mentally. Think 28 Days Later Rage Virus. It compelled the infected to charge in, and attempt to infect others. Something along those lines would have to happen so as to not have a repeat of the last Plague event. There has to be visible attempting from the community to be reacting from the virus. Riots, and other civil unrest has to happen to make it seem real.

Step 4: The Cure

Okay, I lied. This is the most important part of the event. Who would even introduce this cure? My guess is either the mages, or the clerics of the Church. Perhaps even the Monks of Cloud Temple could introduce it. This has to be active. Experiments, Fighting the viruses evolutions, etc. Then there is the spreading of the cure, It'd take months or even years to spread the cure throughout the lands. This event would be a long lasting one.

All in All, It's a good idea. But it has to be executed right to work.

Personally I cannot see this coming back to the server. The RP that came from the previous plague was limited and short lived. Overall it ended up beginning to hurt RP and was put to a stop before RP was crushed.

It's a nice concept but I just can't see it working better than the first time.

I would totally like to see this happen! I never saw it before. Although, I have a few suggestions. For the way it came back, two people maybe had it and didnt know it, and at the time it was to a lesser exetent. The rats should be in Salvus, it would really help the large mass of people! It would add a whole new use to witch docters! +1!

Note: A few other things would be... The plauge might be reverse, such as, if your in large groups it will not come as easily, where as if you are just wandering it will be easier to catch it.

I personally didn't enjoy it the first time as like others have said before it brought a large isolation of things and role play suddenly became very scarce, I think we need to think of something else which could provide more exciting role play than a 'plague'.

I guess most people would go to dwarfed lands because that's were it's cold and virus' dong like cold, do they?

And wearing a skeleton skull head could prevent you from getting it as you're breathing into the mask and breathe out from the mask which could make you a bit resistant to the virus