What's The Deal With Orcish Height?

Swgrclan

Art said what I've been trying to say since Aegis. Orcish downsides are not downsides. Bloodlust is not a curse. 

There aren't any Uruks that are ten feet tall. Most are around (though I will admit the functional average is above the lore average by a few inches) the average. For Lurs there are multiple bloodlines that could have different sizes. Buubztik was an Axe, who are much more hardy. My current Orc is a Sword, who are much more agile than an average Orc. Naturally the two bloodlines are prone to a size difference.

Anyway the point is that size does offer disadvantages in a combat scenario. However the threads about 1v1ing were trying to point out people trying to overpower orcs, which I'm sure we can all agree that even against a smaller Orc is very very difficult. Many Orcs know that they're not combat gods, and I can probably say that I've lost just as many, perhaps more, RP fights as I have won. Do remember that their monstrous proportions also brings with them the tag of monster, and many a time I've ended up dead purely because RPly people assume the worst about Orcs. People can instigate fights with Orcs in public places, the Orc has to accept. Then the onlookers assume that it is the Orc who is the villain, and end up getting gangbanged.

I have read every single post and the arguments coming up for why we should have our characters shrink one feet, are all a waste of time to me. This is nothing but a waste of time, trying to enforce realism into a fantasy server. Orcs have acces to much more food on the server, than any other race and I even find myself eating more food on my Uruk, than I do on my human. You're complaining how orcs are not walking straight into the door, when you can swim up a waterfall because of Minecraft standards? Sorry, I'll make sure to spam breathing in my emote every five seconds, because that's essential and without breathing in rp, your character would die. I'd also like a sign on every door on the server to specifically tell me how tall the door is, so I know when to lower my head when I enter the door.

You're trying to shrink a fantasy race on an unrealistic RP server in a pixel game, and you come up with lbiological logic, to why the race should be shrinked. I'd like dragons to shrink aswell please.

A degree of realism needs to be maintained. A very basic degree granted, but physics is among which needs to be regulated.

Otherwise I'll just take my character and :jetpack:

No complaining! He can fly, Physics shouldn't apply in a fantasy realm after all.

Ducking through a doorway is an opportune moment to get your head chopped off in a fight.

Taiwanese aboriginals built their huts with specially low doors so when raiders from other tribes would invade they'd have to bend their heads down to pillage their homes, leaving them open for beheading.

Also, height can be a disadvantage in combat. Ever played against oddjob in goldeneye 007?

The Mechanical Standard:

Our in-game server runs according to the 'Mechanical Standard' rule. This means that we base our roleplay off of the possibilities available to us mechanically (whether or not they can be done in vanilla minecraft). This means that, if you can't do something mechanically, you can't do it in roleplay, while if you can do something mechanically, it can be done in RP. Climbing up waterfalls is thus perfectly alright, while RPing ropes to get over a mechanically impassable wall is not. The following rules outline the exceptions to this standard, collectively creating a rule known as “abuse of mechanics”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is why we dont have to emote "Ducking through doorway". Because it would break the rules of the server. ((Hold on batman lemme explain im not totally crazy read through the whole post))

Example. Say the door was a 1 block hole could a dwarf not emote "Ducking through doorway"?  While yes its agreeable that they could in realism terms they could easily crawl through said hole. BUT it would give them a unfair advantage just as making orcs emote *Ducking through doorway* would give them an unfair disadvantage even though in reality they would have to duck through the doorway. 

Tdlr, Its minecraft not real life
It is also why you may not fly as you can not do it in survival mode

Now please stop trying to argue. Your explanations and arguement is based off of a really a non issue. And while it would be really cool to have that amount of realism its not possible in MC

And whilst we're on the topic of physics violations I'm fairly sure that the spontaneous creation of matter using willpower is slightly more of a problem than giant people.

What are you talking about Hellfiaz?

There is absolutely no reason why orcs have grown so much since Aegis in only a few centuries. Evolution doesn't work that fast. The only Orc I know that has legit reason to be as talk as he was is Bog, but he's dead.

There is absolutely no reason why orcs have grown so much since Aegis in only a few centuries. Evolution doesn't work that fast. The only Orc I know that has legit reason to be as talk as he was is Bog, but he's dead.

Who. Cares.

Seriously, this is FANTASY.

Why are we wasting time doing this garbge? If you have something against big ass orcs, then pvp default them if you feel so inclined.

From my memory it was in aegis we made the rule where no orc was allowed to be over 10ft under any circumstance due to the fact orcs were commonly 10-12ft and going upwards until mogroka put a stop to it. And if i remember correctly Krug was massive and since we were descendant of him its highly possible we could have been his size however it was chosen that we would not be.

If that's the case Domethos then I want to be a Flying Spaghetti Monster and play god with the name Miley Cyrus.

But I can't. ;( Too bad, so sad.

And if we PVP default orcs and win, then forum topics will come up because you guys are upset that humans can take you down in 1v1.

And the limit wasn't 10feef, it was 8feet that Mogroka's set.

And if we PVP default orcs and win, then forum topics will come up because you guys are upset that humans can take you down in 1v1.

That has literally never happened when it was "true orcs" remember when it was RP default? After Rp default orcs had a flood of people that wanted to more or less legally powergame and then the switch to PVP default and they left.

The Mechanical Standard:

Our in-game server runs according to the 'Mechanical Standard' rule. This means that we base our roleplay off of the possibilities available to us mechanically (whether or not they can be done in vanilla minecraft). This means that, if you can't do something mechanically, you can't do it in roleplay, while if you can do something mechanically, it can be done in RP. Climbing up waterfalls is thus perfectly alright, while RPing ropes to get over a mechanically impassable wall is not. The following rules outline the exceptions to this standard, collectively creating a rule known as “abuse of mechanics”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is why we dont have to emote "Ducking through doorway". Because it would break the rules of the server. ((Hold on batman lemme explain im not totally crazy read through the whole post))

Example. Say the door was a 1 block hole could a dwarf not emote "Ducking through doorway"?  While yes its agreeable that they could in realism terms they could easily crawl through said hole. BUT it would give them a unfair advantage just as making orcs emote *Ducking through doorway* would give them an unfair disadvantage even though in reality they would have to duck through the doorway. 

Tdlr, Its minecraft not real life
It is also why you may not fly as you can not do it in survival mode

Now please stop trying to argue. Your explanations and arguement is based off of a really a non issue. And while it would be really cool to have that amount of realism its not possible in MC

Mechanical standard doesn't apply when you are in RP combat. And if you ignore your character's height when his height would be a downside, expect people to ignore your character's size and strength when it becomes your advantage. Emote combat is give and take. If you expect to take, you must give.

If that's the case Domethos then I want to be a Flying Spaghetti Monster and play god with the name Miley Cyrus.

But I can't. ;( Too bad, so sad.

And the limit wasn't 10feef, it was 8feet that Mogroka's set.

You're being really patronizing and sarcastic, and couldn't even manage to spell my name right. Nice.

Anyway, the reason you can't be a FLYING monster made of spaghetti is for the following reasons:

1) You can't fly via Vanilla MC, thus you can't do it in it RP.

2) You can't be a monster, you have to be one of the descendant races, save for being ET.

3) Pretty sure spaghetti doesn't even exist in LotC.

4) Miley Cyrus be a rachet ass hoe.

and even if some orcs complain on the forums that they get pvp defaulted all the time or something : Who cares? What are they gonna do, ban you? With what rule?

I mean, if you constantly go to orcs just to PVP default them that's considered harassment, but if an orc goes to attack you or something fair game. 

Mechanical standard doesn't apply when you are in RP combat. And if you ignore your character's height when his height would be a downside, expect people to ignore your character's size and strength when it becomes your advantage. Emote combat is give and take. If you expect to take, you must give.

Lets be real which orcs are RP fighting? (JK)

But in all seriousness mechanical standard kinda goes out the window in a RP fight as simply you can go into alot more detail and again we come full circle as in that case its the player at fault not the race so BR the orc for power gaming and move on dont typecast the race for it.

Thats like removing magic from druids due to one druid power gaming, 

When did Orcs get so big! When I was Rex, the range was 7 foot to 8 foot. By making yourselves pointlessly bigger, you alienate the race further by making it appear more bestial and less of an actual civilization. I understand people feel the urge to compensate by making their characters taller and taller, but there has to exist a hard limit before things get out of hand, and it is coming to that line by what I've been reading here. The humans had this same issue about a year ago when people kept making humans that would go to seven, eight, and nine feet tall, which is incredibly immersion breaking. 

Orcs should have a height and strength advantage, but it shouldn't be so gargantuan that they come off more as beasts then actual sentient beings. Remember that the four brothers weren't of great disparity in strength or size until the curses and Krug wasn't blessed with extreme height, but strength. Selective breeding is what made the Orcs peak over to 7-8 foot, but anymore just doesn't make sense.

Another point to make about Orcs is that when it comes to combat with weapons, I've seen Orcs complain about losing 1v1's in combat before, and truth be told we should just let the mechanical standard sort that out. When it comes to combat with weapons, physical strength is a noticeable factor, but not as much as skill and scenario, thus, other races can defeat orcs, its just up to the PvP. A lot of times I feel like people nowadays only play Orcs just so they can play some freak-giant who, whenever losing a fight, can use their race as a card to re-do a fight, and I can say with confidence that that's not what the Orcish race is about!

But who cares right? It's a fantasy rp server..?

Oh wait, there's rules such like those and one would be power gaming. Krug was a human before he was turned into an Orc, and while he had the body shape of "The Rock", he wasn't much taller than the tallest human/elf. There's absolutely no reason why orcs are as tall as they are now.

Of course, the Staff Team has allowed exceptions, for those who have written legitimate lore that will explain why they are as big as they are. Bog is the only Orc I know who is legitimately big and from what he told me, he was the only one of his kind.

Where did these ologs come from anyway? I'm using my IPhone so I am trying my hardest, your attitude isn't any better my friend.