What's The Deal With Orcish Height?

Swgrclan

You can't become numb to pain. The only way one would become numb to pain, is if their nerves are 100% shot. Meaning you'll lose most motor function, along with your fight or flight response being ruined. "I just got shanked in the ribs. But it's okay, I can't feel it" *Proceeds to bleed out*.

The theory of "I get hurt a lot, so I'm used to the feeling of pain" is redundant. Pain is a response from your brain saying "Run, run, run, run, it hurts us, run". You can't get used to that, it's a survival response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain

On that note, that also means you can't tell if you're hurt which means you could let some potentially fatal injuries go without realizing it until you're literally dropping dead. RPed right, that would be interesting!

> Wants to prove someone is capable of being incapable of feeling pain

> Uses Wiki

> Offer a medical condition

Your argument was: Pain = immunity to pain.

Also, do note "Despite sounding beneficial, it is actually an extremely dangerous condition, as sufferers may not be able to recognize a potentially harmful scenario."

What's the deal with Wood Elves? They magically know how to use a bow better than everyone else? What is this , a fantasy server?

Let people roleplay how they want to , man. Orcs can be as tall as they want , we've had far larger creatures that make no damn sense. If we have giant spiders , who's size depends on the oxygen in the current world , who can survive... then orcs can too? Yes?

Oh my gawd. Orcs are already accepted as being big and immensely strong. There is no reason to increase their size to /ten feet tall/. An orc can be seven feet tall and still have orc strength. 

Fantasy isn't an excuse. Fanatasy operates with different rules than reality, BUT fantasy still. has. rules. Fantasy has to be consistent. If elves are meant to not have children often, then they shouldn't. If orcs are not meant to be ten feet tall, then they aren't. Races has advantages and disadvantages.

Fantasy doesn't mean everything goes. 

No orc is 10 feet tall. If you see an Uruk 10 feet tall, BR report him or modreq. Now stop trying to make us shrink our characters, heh? Because elves are supposed to be infertile, yet they've the second biggest playerbase on the server. Instead, I'd like you to come inside San'Vitar during Events. We have at most 10-12 people, when I see that in big cities all the time. According to the latest population poll, the DRUID GROVE has more people then the Rexdom. And you're trying to take away our -ONLY- RP advantage? No thanks.

Wait, so scars protect me from feeling pain after the scar forms? Link me to Mayo Clinic homie, I'm about to whip myself like a Shi'a on the Mawlid!

> Wants to prove someone is capable of being incapable of feeling pain

> Uses Wiki

> Offer a medical condition

Your argument was: Pain = immunity to pain.

Also, do note "Despite sounding beneficial, it is actually an extremely dangerous condition, as sufferers may not be able to recognize a potentially harmful scenario."

I never said her not feeling pain was a GOOD thing. I said it's not as good as it sounds, in fact. I'm well aware of the drawbacks. 

One example, a while ago, she stumbled into Malog's place, not entirely certain why she was feeling so light headed and weak, and fell on her face, revealing a couple arrows in her back. 

Luckily, Malog is a witch doctor so... she survived, barely.

Oh my gawd. Orcs are already accepted as being big and immensely strong. There is no reason to increase their size to /ten feet tall/. An orc can be seven feet tall and still have orc strength. 

Fantasy isn't an excuse. Fanatasy operates with different rules than reality, BUT fantasy still. has. rules. Fantasy has to be consistent. If elves are meant to not have children often, then they shouldn't. If orcs are not meant to be ten feet tall, then they aren't. Races has advantages and disadvantages.

Fantasy doesn't mean everything goes. 

Think of it this way; a lot of humans walk around claiming to be nearly seven feet tall and at the top of their heights and beyond. Along with many other races. 

Human should never be as tall as an Uruk, not counting goblins.

Those same 9ft orcs don't seem to have issues walking into human buildings and through human doors without crouching or slouching due to their height. Hm.

A block is one meter, So a standard door is two meter's tall which is just over 6 feet. most homes built in MC have at least 3 blocks before the roof which is now over 9ft making it fine for an orc, So while yes we would have to duck, so SORRY if we dont emote ducking into a doorway. When was the last time you emoted breathing? How many times have you RP through a night when you should have been sleeping, This isnt realism sim 2014

Now the largest orc in theory is a rex and he should max out at around 9-10 ft AT MOST all other orcs should be in the 6-8ft range ((6.8ft-8ft being a standard orc, 8ft being a general))

But then again how many times do i see humans and elfs being super tall. I dont go around complaing its a fantasy roleplay server. We have mystical monks who magically revive people so why again can't my orc be 8ft tall? T

You're exactly right, Humans shouldn't be as tall as an orc, but an orc shouldn't be ten feet either. Fixing this problem isn't a big deal. 

Don't act as if having a monster of a being having difficulty entering a small door as unreasonable. You don't have to emote breathing to have decent RP. Not even remotely the same, and hardly even an argument. If you want to be freakishly tall, then RP being freakishly tall. If you don't RP hitting your head on a building not meant for you and having difficulty entering small doors, then I don't want to see. "You can't struggle free, I'm a nine foot orc!"

Think of it this way; a lot of humans walk around claiming to be nearly seven feet tall and at the top of their heights and beyond. Along with many other races. 

Human should never be as tall as an Uruk, not counting goblins.

So the height inflation is happening on multiple races. Still should be put a stop to, just on all races instead of just orcs.

Height inflation makes sense when were talking Ologs, as they are more or less based off of Tolkin Trolls/Warhammer Orcs.

Uruks would usually be around seven to eight feet tall which is reasonable as they are big hulking barbarians

Height inflation makes sense when were talking Ologs, as they are more or less based off of Tolkin Trolls/Warhammer Orcs.

Uruks would usually be around seven to eight feet tall which is reasonable as they are big hulking barbarians

MM aswell Ologs live a short lifetime anyways and can't do very much other than breath and drool on them self's

Its is perfectly plausible that a creature can be 9ft tall. 

Larger circulatory system, adapted organs, perhaps more than one heart, or one single very powerful heart with multiple chambers. Orcs could also be like the avatar people in, well, Avatar. The Pandorians had carbon fiber naturally embedded into their bones. Perhaps Orcs have something on that line, like an especially large amount of calcium that they obtain from the prey in the desert. In response, orcish muscles would also be able to support these bones. 

Thinking back to my comment on the 'prey of the dessert', there is some pretty big prey ot there that could supply calcium and protein for the orcs so they could grow? Scaddernaks, for example, an animal that lives in the desert, is gigantic. They are much bigger than orcs, and could easily supply the necessary amount of food.  Orcs could have easily evolved to be able to match these creatures in size and strength. Lur Bulls. . .I played one of those when i was in the ET. They could easily provide protein for the orcs, and the female counterparts could provide milk. I am sure orcs would learn to farm these animals. 

Who said that orcs have to live in the desert? Now they live in a savannah. They've lived in a desert historically, but could have easily moved around and obtained food like nomads, which I would expect would be how they lived in the beginning of their days. The only orcs that probably lived in the desert were the shamans who believed the desert was connected to the spirits. The Shamans, being very important, were probably fed by other orcs, who brought food from abroad. This great movement from biome to biome hauling food and materials from their nomadic villages into their main cities could have built musculature, and could continue to do so today. After all, raiding is nothing new to the orcs, and it takes someone plenty strong to haul loads of loot back to their base.

Perhaps evolution decreased their brain capacity in order to dedicate more energy into body growth, as advanced thinking was not too important in a high survival situation like the arid climate the orcs evolved in, explaining the orcs lower or varying intellect compared to the other races.

Another extremely plausible theory is that orcs discovered agriculture, and they started manipulating oasis into farming sites, or even perhaps created their own artificial oasis by channeling nearby river water into places. Most probably their settlements were near freshwater or in oasis anyways, and they used the land around the rivers to farm, like the egyptians. 

There is a million possibilities to explain the height of a beast like the orcs. Now, orcs walking into buildings with 6 foot tall doors? That's the player's fault, not the races. Orcs are fine as they are. We've had populations like them IRL as well, for example, as i mentioned before, the Egyptians and Persians. Both of these were great civilizations which sprung up in the most remote of places, but through agriculture and terraforming managed to develop into the world's most prominent civilizations. 

This is what i consider an accurate depiction of an orc:

orc-3.jpg

And, one of an olog:

hobbittrollwilliamalrg2.jpg

A block is one meter, So a standard door is two meter's tall which is just over 6 feet. most homes built in MC have at least 3 blocks before the roof which is now over 9ft making it fine for an orc, So while yes we would have to duck, so SORRY if we dont emote ducking into a doorway. When was the last time you emoted breathing? How many times have you RP through a night when you should have been sleeping, This isnt realism sim 2014

Now the largest orc in theory is a rex and he should max out at around 9-10 ft AT MOST all other orcs should be in the 6-8ft range ((6.8ft-8ft being a standard orc, 8ft being a general))

But then again how many times do i see humans and elfs being super tall. I dont go around complaing its a fantasy roleplay server. We have mystical monks who magically revive people so why again can't my orc be 8ft tall? T

Ducking through a doorway is an opportune moment to get your head chopped off in a fight.

Taiwanese aboriginals built their huts with specially low doors so when raiders from other tribes would invade they'd have to bend their heads down to pillage their homes, leaving them open for beheading.

Also, height can be a disadvantage in combat. Ever played against oddjob in goldeneye 007?