What's The Deal With Orcish Height?

Swgrclan

- Slow

Not RPed

- Bloodlust

Excuse to kill things, hardly a downside.

- Being big can lead to many negative things

None of which they RP out significantly

- Tusks, they can't speak properly

A staple of orcish culture, hardly a downside.

- They get threatened by people half their size whenever they leave their lands

- Lack of numbers

I'll grant you those last two however.

THANK YOU!

So in all of this fighting, I've been thinking. When joined a year and a half ago, in Anthos, orcs capped out at about 7-8 feet tall. Now they're reaching 10 feet? What's changed? Why are they growing taller than they used to? I know that people like to push to make their character as tall as they can get away with, but this is excessive.

Ologs happened. Regular Orcs are not supposed to exceed 8 feet.

The staff need to clear problems like this up, also things like misconceptions about Goblins.

There is no problem, and if there was, they wouldn't just shrink everyone's characters.

jRBNh95.png

This is the rough size-scale in comparison to actual Minecraft blocks. Most orcs are RPing as between 2 1/2 to 4 blocks tall. I personally think anything over 3 blocks tall is silly, and even at that height you shouldn't be fitting through doors or most archways.

Having the flaws of being slow or less intelligent (with the very big ones) is all well and good but I rarely see that RP'd. Most of the orcs I've fought have expected to be as fast as a 5 foot tall elf and require half a dozen or more arrows to even get close to taking them down. I'd be fine with orc characters being absurdly tall if they RP'd the draw backs. You can't fit through doors, you're not fast, you're not stealthy, this would justify making your character an invincible hulk.

YujzS1F.png

This is the rough size-scale in comparison to actual Minecraft blocks. Most orcs are RPing as between 2 1/2 to 4 blocks tall. I personally think anything over 3 blocks tall is silly, and even at that height you shouldn't be fitting through doors or most archways.

Having the flaws of being slow or less intelligent (with the very big ones) is all well and good but I rarely see that RP'd. Most of the orcs I've fought have expected to be as fast as a 5 foot tall elf and require half a dozen or more arrows to even get close to taking them down. I'd be fine with orc characters being absurdly tall if they RP'd the draw backs. You can't fit through doors, you're not fast, you're not stealthy, this would justify making your character an invincible hulk.

This is everyone's problem! There is no problem with the Orc, there is a problem with the player's RP, that's it.

What's the deal with human population size? What's the deal with High Elf adeptness at magic? What's the deal with Kha night vision?

And what's the deal with airline food?

This is everyone's problem! There is no problem with the Orc, there is a problem with the player's RP, that's it.

Then the orc player-base needs to get on that.

What's the deal with human population size? What's the deal with High Elf adeptness at magic? What's the deal with Kha night vision?

4d1lvgo.png

Then the orc player-base needs to get on that.

Word, I'll get on it.

This thread is not dedicated to "muh weaknesses" or what makes Orcs balanced despite their unhealthy, unrealistic height. The race is too tall. Warriors are not 8'anything because their bodymass is too lopsided to keep balance and walk properly. It does not matter how hard someone trains for whatever amoubt of time or how pain resistant someone may be, it's simply not possible and it is powergaming to play as a giant warrior whom can move around with ease and can sustain that kind bodily-stressing weight without succumbing to it's negative affects.

Humans have a big population because most players find their own IRL species far more compelling then an Elf, Dwarf, or Orc.

Elves don't have an adaptness to magic. They're only taught it often because players in said race like high fantasy based RP. Magic is an essential part to said roleplay.

Kha are carpets.

This thread is not dedicated to "muh weaknesses" or what makes Orcs balanced despite their unhealthy, unrealistic height. The race is too tall. Warriors are not 8'anything because their bodymass is too lopsided to keep balance and walk properly. It does not matter how hard someone trains for whatever amoubt of time or how pain resistant someone may be, it's simply not possible and it is powergaming to play as a giant warrior whom can move around with ease and can sustain that kind bodily-stressing weight without succumbing to it's negative affects.

Hit up an admin then, players will RP their characters as they wish until they're told from some sort of staff member that they're PG'ing. Then they'll change.

Kha are carpets.

Word.

Instead if playing the "I'm not responsible for change, so make me do it" card, maybe you can try to fix what is broken and suggest the racial leaders to correct this error. It is disproportionate and unrealistic.

Look friend, I'm not going to tell all the Orcs how to RP their characters, alright? You can PM them all if you wish, or you can converse with an admin about this "problem". I'm sorry.