2samspan

WT Update Log - December

xFvGCnK.png

Hello, and welcome to the very first Wiki Team Update Log. I'm 2samspan, the new Wiki Team Director after @Destinator stepped down in November. Due to how different the Wiki Team is from other teams, structurally, we have not done update logs in the past, but I believe it is important to show the community what exactly is going on in every team. These logs new and departing members as-well as if we are currently wanting to take up any other team members at the time that the update’s posted. 

VD6NsGA.png

Onto some new arrivals to the WT. We have recently accepted five new members due to a number of people who had left in November. Please welcome the following to the Wiki Team!

@TorkoalTom

PlXBAky.png

@Anisgar

flYeI5q.png

@Heero

X9JV2EV.png

@Ogdan (Benben582)

SwWCzjJ.png

@TJB_Minecraft

4ZvtPeQ.png

Due to the amount of people we have taken on in the past month, we will not be accepting anymore Wiki Team applications for some time. We will however, keep people who have recently applied in mind when we do begin looking for new applicants again.

BV0i92z.png

With the rather substantial increase to the size of the Wiki Team, bringing the total number of WT members up to 14, I have decided to name two Managers to help me with running the team, those being @Chorale_ and @Fid .

EQMSi98.png

Page Data-

The Wiki, as of the time of writing this post, has 680 individual content pages (i.e. what you will usually want to read when you go on the Wiki), 35 of those coming from this month. 2,775 pages that have been written over the past three years including talk pages, redirects, and all other content from when Tahmas created the Wiki on December 20, 2015, just over two years ago from today. Along with this, we have somewhere in between 930 files that have been uploaded in total. However, of those content pages, a quarter of those are considered to be articles with an insufficient amount of information on them.

Edit Data-

Overall the LotC Wiki has had 19,755 edits in total, this means that each content page has on average been updated 7.12 times.

User Data-

There are 267 registered accounts on the Wiki, with 36 of them being deemed active contributors. Activity is based on whether or not you’ve done anything on the Wiki in the past 30 days.

Pages created this month:

House of Ashford de Aryn

Battle of Rochdale

The Reichwald Greatswords

Verthaik II Frostbeard

House de Castro

Battle of Jornheim Fields

Cretzer Craps

Siege of Vjorhelm

Reiters

Atlas

Myrzym

March Ash

The State of Lavana

Jory Ruric

House Vientos

House Silversteed

Kingdom of Marna

House of Devereux

Gror Ireheart

High King of Kaz'Ulrah

Dwarven

King of Norland

Turkin Culture

Sacking of Riga

Akritian Culture

Rodrik Ruric

Jornheim

Great Northern War

Siege of Johannesburg

Willem

Hagelijn

Kal'Tarak

Otto II of Haense

Red Faith

G9CoPX7.png

While the Wiki Team does not typically have many team-wide projects, I can say that we will be restarting the Lore Transfer Project. Over the next few months, the Wiki Team will be transferring all approved Lore from the forums over to the Wiki, under the supervision of the Lore Team. It will be a long process, and it will require a lot of hard work, but I can assure you that we will get it done.

EOihIsP.png

The last thing I would like to say for this month's update is a reminder that anybody can be a contributor on the Wiki. All you need to do is ask for a WT member to make an account for you, and you can help to improve the Wiki as well! We will even help to teach you the ins and outs of making a great looking Wiki page which, quite honestly, can be fairly tedious.

Special thanks to Chorale for helping me to write this!

First! Super excited to have helped push out our very first monthly update.

Neat. I might enslave a WT member for a week so we can get all the druid stuff up to date.

I'm very disappointed in the wiki team and some of these posts on the wiki. Some are factually incorrect and some of them that were created this/last month do not have anything added to them but one sentence. That's not the type of quality I'd like a new member of the community to see. I could most likely point out who made the posts but I wouldn't like to say a name and be wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Jaeden said:

Neat. I might enslave a WT member for a week so we can get all the druid stuff up to date.

Hmu, we can arrange something.

Just now, gandalfdahwhite said:

I'm very disappointed in the wiki team and some of these posts on the wiki. Some are factually incorrect and some of them that were created this/last month do not have anything added to them but one sentence. That's not the type of quality I'd like a new member of the community to see. I could most likely point out who made the posts but I wouldn't like to say a name and be wrong.

The ones that have only one sentence are likely being drafted separately from the Wiki, so that people can save their progress and work on a page without it looking unfinished. At least the one sentence pages have a sentence. They're also often times just put there as a placeholder in case anyone wants to finish it. Most of the time, these one-sentence pages aren't made by WT members, but instead contributors as the WT like to finish what they start majority of the time.

Most of the information, including some worked on by Samspan the Wiki Team Lead is 100% false. As I was going through information with a server admin looking back at the glory days, we discovered a lot of facts all over, including lore, magic, and event based pages are 100% wrong. 

1 minute ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Most of the information, including some worked on by Samspan the Wiki Team Lead is 100% false. As I was going through information with a server admin looking back at the glory days, we discovered a lot of facts all over, including lore, magic, and event based pages are 100% wrong. 

If that's true, I'm very sorry. I have tried to fact check all of my edits using what I can find through the archives. If you can point out the stuff that is incorrect, I would be more than happy to correct them.

Sometimes I wonder why the wiki is 90% human stuff. Then I realize it’s because 90% of people play a human 

1 minute ago, 2samspan said:

If that's true, I'm very sorry. I have tried to fact check all of my edits using what I can find through the archives. If you can point out the stuff that is incorrect, I would be more than happy to correct them.

A lot of the work, done before you as well so I can't be mean to you samspan, I love you bby, isn't correct. Most of the orcish documents on the Wiki are false and just made up bullshit. 

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

A lot of the work, done before you as well so I can't be mean to you samspan, I love you bby, isn't correct. Most of the orcish documents on the Wiki are false and just made up bullshit. 

1 hour ago, 2samspan said:

If you can point out the stuff that is incorrect, I would be more than happy to correct them.

You gotta specifically point out what is wrong and what it should be changed to or nothing gets accomplished. You can't just say 'most of the orcish documents'.