The First Almarian Blacksmithing Tournament

ScreamingDingo

mGX8oUJjTe96f_EG2XxLPg5eTHKaH7zB8nS0gzrwmlemqLoS6RZY6jP4cgrcdNOsoJFlfcdr-Zw84VVGvo2mSK6X2RIxmagQmJoZkH9IfdEnzCsE3ComvzYACFm7RrTFF6VM7u8

HZiDERsWqbwhDSVj6byydKt6TYgC1_QtPJ8-nCty4vzXajMhe_CFr5I3xe8dPWMCH9YzBP_RTQW6WbEjZkyrszMTKp8p1oguGIAViNXy_ph8w-XgRQaghNxE-4CLokzr_WvGXhY

THE ALMARIAN BLACKSMITHING

TOURNAMENT 

✴✴✴

To all denizens of the Almarian Continent,

The champions of craftsmanship have brought themselves forward to my name and now, we have a celebration to prepare. For this GRAND TOURNEY shall be organised and held within two years from this proclamation, to allow for the preparation of the champions and the event grounds themselves.

Lord Quentyn Brae, of Du Loc has formally invited this company to hold their event at their grounds, so such will be prepared and done so, under the graces of the Almighty Lord Brae.

THIS EVENT will be a spectacle of neutrality, Sir Reginald shall provide his own security to dissuade any that wish to interfere. The wars that blow upon the shores shall not affect us here, for this craftsmanship goes beyond the quarrels of others. 

This Event shall include the spectacle of the testing of the weapons under glorious conditions of strength, lethality and weldability. For those blades that are broken, they shall be dismantled and removed from the champion and given to the winner. For the blades that survive, tests of combat shall be employed, using objective fighting patterns that shall test their capabilities. With this, I extend the invitation for those that wish to place stalls of food, activities and such to parlay with Lord Quentyn Brae, such shall be organised on his terms. Also, rounds of betting shall be established based on rumors of the renown of these smiths. Where these active bets can be submitted on the day and placed upon the champions for their spectacle.

With that, these are the figureheads that shall represent this tournament -

84aHhB2t5i1qT_roz6dQ4WbP9-sPXiBW4EFVGdWxRriB-2BRkGq67tHBxz2nAb2PrD2qYFhjU3_pX8OfVnsXLqLSQXEpjBBg9HSDfxPsd9xxfdCTE7FVjUS8q_bNwUhuFx0EoNI

That of Du Loc, Dharas de Mantiquella @Heathen

That of Haense, Ser Reinhardt Barclay @Capt_Chief26

That of Fenn, Ayred Drakon @Wyrvun

That of Urguan, Rylanor Goldhand @AfroJoeTheOlogBro

That of Norland, Zodd Calliban @AdmiralLB

Rhaezaiil Doomforged @hotbox_monk

Camille Realim @S1nnerVsSa1nts

That of the Strange Boat People, Diomé Indoren @Orlanth

Alaric of Solomon @Mordhaund

Durin Hammerforge @Tabby64

Alaric Grimgold @AlaricGrimgold

HZiDERsWqbwhDSVj6byydKt6TYgC1_QtPJ8-nCty4vzXajMhe_CFr5I3xe8dPWMCH9YzBP_RTQW6WbEjZkyrszMTKp8p1oguGIAViNXy_ph8w-XgRQaghNxE-4CLokzr_WvGXhY

Spoiler

OOC:

To all those competing, the events will be done through rolls, but your weapons will be assigned stats based on materials, components, the blade itself and the craftsmanship which will be determined by me. Once you have created your item, please send me screenshots of the roleplay and the weapon itself over discord so I can create your ‘profile’. This must be done before the deadline of the 23rd of February.

Those competing will now have two years to forge their weapons. The requirements of such are:

I. It shall be that of a blade, of some sorts that someone of your race can wield without difficulty. This shall be on the request that these tests shall require cuts and stabs within these games, blunt weapons will not suffice.

II. It shall not be magical or imbued with such magics that make it anything more than mundane.

III. It should represent you as a craftsman, this blade should be practical and also highlight your abilities, beliefs and drive to become that of Almaris’ renowned craftsmen.

IV. You shall be asked about each component, with the idea of the above in hand. The hopeless decoration of items or imbuement of things such as the Wax of Athin without any thought, shall lead to the weapon being shattered, since melting it down would be difficult.

This Event shall be held on the 18th of Grand Harvest, Year 13 of the Second Age, at Du Loc

[26th of February, 6pm EST]

I do urge Almaris to come if you are not busy, a spectacle that shall be for all to watch. If such arises for it, an impromptu jousting tournament may appear if people wish for more. Do prepare for such, as the prowess of combat and craftsmanship go hand and hand. 

"DIOS MIO!" A hyspian sorvian yells, going to prepare for the event.

The Lord Brae of Du Loc smiles, overjoyed with such an event arriving at HIS LORDSHIP. "I am OVERJOYED at such an event arriving at MY LORDSHIP. One can not think of a more fitting place to hold a contest between all the nations of the Continent than Du Loc -- the Center of Almaris (and the Universe). Du Loc will make ready lodgings for all contestants and will be stocked ready with McBrae Burgers, Blue Orb Beer, and empty stalls for the merchantry to utilize in preparation for this glorious event!"

Molia is excited to get the autograph of the legendary Doug Marcaida at the event.

Scoria Memoras gave a joyous round of laughter. "Aye! While the art of the forge is nay my specialty, but this seems ever-so intriguing!" He claimed as he marked his calendar.

"Alaric soined up? Aye t'is 'll be interestin'." Glod says, agreeing with various others around the fire

mGX8oUJjTe96f_EG2XxLPg5eTHKaH7zB8nS0gzrwmlemqLoS6RZY6jP4cgrcdNOsoJFlfcdr-Zw84VVGvo2mSK6X2RIxmagQmJoZkH9IfdEnzCsE3ComvzYACFm7RrTFF6VM7u8

With a heavy heart and a lack of submissions from the contestants. This event has been formally cancelled. On behalf of Ser Reginald, we are sorry for such disappointment and saw that such ventures were sadly ignored. Please ensure still to stop by the iconic town of Du Loc, owned by Lord Quentyn Brae himself, the hospitality of such a man is to die for.

- The Almarian Social Society, Owner Ser Reginald Tythallaen Remeronia Johannian Ishikawa Aurellian Persepolis the Fourth.