[✗] [In-Game Ban] [Twinndolin] Appeal

Twinny

Since my comment was hidden I'll make a serious post. 

I wasn't playing when this stuff happened. But, I have interacted with Twi once and have interacted with those in her friend group frequently. I also interact regularly with those who she has slighted. 

In my opinion having interacted with both sides; Do not let her be unbanned. Every person in Celia'nor leadership has mentioned that their plan is to get her unbanned by March and have her go back to leading Celia'nor. (Not to mention how the current Celia'nor leadership frequently re-invite's her back to their discords and openly asked for support for this appeal. (Nice going on that one mods. Deciding to make this public for seemingly no reason.) But I digress.) This isn't a good idea. You're asking for trouble unbanning her.

Not to mention that she hasn't offered an apology to the people she has slighted or seems to have shown regret for her actions. Why would you unban someone who doesn't seem to show remorse or has learned from their actions?

As I keep implying and have said; I do not see any good things coming if she is unbanned. 

Edited by wooz
Forgot to add a point

1 hour ago, wooz said:

Since my comment was hidden I'll make a serious post. 

I wasn't playing when this stuff happened. But, I have interacted with Twi once and have interacted with those in her friend group frequently. I also interact regularly with those who she has slighted. 

In my opinion having interacted with both sides; Do not let her be unbanned. Every person in Celia'nor leadership has mentioned that their plan is to get her unbanned by March and have her go back to leading Celia'nor. (Not to mention how the current Celia'nor leadership frequently re-invite's her back to their discords and openly asked for support for this appeal. (Nice going on that one mods. Deciding to make this public for seemingly no reason.) But I digress.) This isn't a good idea. You're asking for trouble unbanning her.

Not to mention that she hasn't offered an apology to the people she has slighted or seems to have shown regret for her actions. Why would you unban someone who doesn't seem to show remorse or has learned from their actions?

As I keep implying and have said; I do not see any good things coming if she is unbanned. 

I find this absolutely hilarious since I do not plan to step down until July/August and we get settled into next map. No one has ever said this about her going back to being NL and it being factual since I’ve not even chosen my heir yet. She’s absolutely refused to be involved in leadership discussions (which I’m willing to show admins), and anything involving politics she refuses to speak with me about. She rejoins to play Valorant and overwatch with her friends who are apart of the nation she created btw. Not only that, but the only plans in leadership for March is me going on a hiatus during spring break because of a Vegas trip for my 21st birthday and having a regent for a week/a few days. 

As she said in her ban appeal (first paragraph), she  only knows what has been leaked to her about why she was banned and she was offering an explanation for it, not making excuses. I pinged for no reason other than my own, she didn’t ask me to ping it. By all means, state your opinion regarding Twi, however make sure to check your facts before spreading harmful rhetoric about my nation and blatantly lying about Twi’s involvement in modern day Celianor and it’s leadership. 

35 minutes ago, Cepheid said:

I find this absolutely hilarious since I do not plan to step down until July/August and we get settled into next map. No one has ever said this about her going back to being NL and it being factual since I’ve not even chosen my heir yet. She’s absolutely refused to be involved in leadership discussions (which I’m willing to show admins), and anything involving politics she refuses to speak with me about. She rejoins to play Valorant and overwatch with her friends who are apart of the nation she created btw. Not only that, but the only plans in leadership for March is me going on a hiatus during spring break because of a Vegas trip for my 21st birthday and having a regent for a week/a few days. 

As she said in her ban appeal (first paragraph), she  only knows what has been leaked to her about why she was banned and she was offering an explanation for it, not making excuses. I pinged for no reason other than my own, she didn’t ask me to ping it. By all means, state your opinion regarding Twi, however make sure to check your facts before spreading harmful rhetoric about my nation and blatantly lying about Twi’s involvement in modern day Celianor and it’s leadership. 

I really don't want to argue with someone who blatantly lies about being a "pro-Haelun'or supporter." I think you're cool Cepheid from the few talks I've had with you. But, I think blatantly lying about things I've heard myself in VC and have been told by others in the same position as you isn't much of a good look for Celia'nor. So in the most tactful way I can say because I really want to avoid a fight and drama I just don't have the time for it; No u, please get your facts straight before you try to deny things I've heard you say and have seen. 

12 minutes ago, wooz said:

I really don't want to argue with someone who blatantly lies about being a "pro-Haelun'or supporter." I think you're cool Cepheid from the few talks I've had with you. But, I think blatantly lying about things I've heard myself in VC and have been told by others in the same position as you isn't much of a good look for Celia'nor. So in the most tactful way I can say because I really want to avoid a fight and drama I just don't have the time for it; No u, please get your facts straight before you try to deny things I've heard you say and have seen. 

I said I’m pro-Haelunor and think this iteration is not what Haelunor should be, I’ve said that openly as I joined being a new player in Haelun’or being in and out of their community for 3+ years. I still have friends apart of Haelunor (Gavin, Iverach, etc.), my stance on Haelunor also has nothing to do with this conversation. There’s no drama with me telling you to correct your facts correlating to modern-day Celia’nor. Post your proof if you have it of me saying that I’m handing the nation to Twi when she’s back because I guarantee there is none. It’s been said since she got banned that she would not come back to NL, especially with the toll it took on her mental health. Hell, I would even go back from accepting NL when I did with the amount of stress and mental toll it takes on someone if I could (dealing with constant community reports to keep nonces out of my community, player drama, generating rp, creating content, and always being on the clock by all definitions). However, I made a commitment to the community to be in it for the long haul and I am sticking with it to ensure the group of people I care about are happy and having fun.  Though Admins can freely verify with me any of this information that I’ve stated as I have proof for all of it. :)

i think the ban has more or less served its purpose. when you're dealing with conflicts it is more important to set the precedent that these kinds of OOCly hostile/conspiratorial actions will lead to bans than it is to "reform" players, whatever that means. (the opposite is true about prisons, but this is a video game) 

it should be enough of a deterrent to bad behavior that you will be banned and separated from the thing you want (whether that's pixel power, ooc validation, or something else) if you take conflicts out of character like this person did. this server moves fast enough that a month or two of distance is enough. particularly noxious or repeat offenses could go for longer, and people who continue to harass community members or otherwise negatively influence the server during bans should be perma'd.

the only thing that changes attitude is time, keeping someone banned indefinitely is not going to make a difference. take it from me, guy who has been indefinitely banned 3 times. the person you are dangling an appeal over is more likely than not going to learn the words you want to hear them say, say them back to you, and go back to doing whatever it is they were doing.

so really there's no point reading into the (admittedly lame) apology or whether Twinny has "changed" or will avoid minecraft power politics in the future. the certainty that they will be banned again if they try scheming again is enough.

8 hours ago, wooz said:

In my opinion having interacted with both sides; Do not let her be unbanned. Every person in Celia'nor leadership has mentioned that their plan is to get her unbanned by March and have her go back to leading Celia'nor.

I genuinly don't see what your point here is you're trying to make by either lying or spreading half truths.

I find that it seems incredibly malicious to do so. Im not even sure what makes you think so, especially since to my knowledge Cepheid plans on leading for quite a while. Thats what we've all been talking about. There's been a whole discussion about the matter and basically EVERYONE in Celianor who's remotely involved can tell you're either actively lying or spreading missinformation.

And why would we even tell you such a secret matter?

Really hope you stand up and correct what you've said here. I Hope its a missunderstanding.

I haven't been in celianor while and I cannot say I like it anymore or rp in general(personal opinion) and obv, it doesn't mean the people there are bad. I still have a lot of friends there and mineman rp=/friendship. Putting this aside, in my time there- I can confirm Twi didn't want to have anything to do with it. She might have given some advices to stop arguements between friends but overall, she refused get involved in big dramas or the big picture of it. She does not want to get back in leadership at all. She talked with me about plans with spooky and magicstuff, really nothing bad or mineman politics-like. I don't know if she'd decide to become a leader in the future but for now is a big no. Idk where you heard about that but I suggest to stop joining their vc, if that's the case and if you're to simply 'gather informations'.

Coming here, snitching ain't looking good chef. It does not sound like a very neutral take of yours. Laeo said it right tho; let's say they are planning to make Twi, the leader again. Why would they even say it in public or to some random? They are not stupid.

49 minutes ago, lemonke said:

I haven't been in celianor while and I cannot say I like it anymore or rp in general(personal opinion) and obv, it doesn't mean the people there are bad. I still have a lot of friends there and mineman rp=/friendship. Putting this aside, in my time there- I can confirm Twi didn't want to have anything to do with it. She might have given some advices to stop arguements between friends but overall, she refused get involved in big dramas or the big picture of it. She does not want to get back in leadership at all. She talked with me about plans with spooky and magicstuff, really nothing bad or mineman politics-like. I don't know if she'd decide to become a leader in the future but for now is a big no. Idk where you heard about that but I suggest to stop joining their vc, if that's the case and if you're to simply 'gather informations'.

Coming here, snitching ain't looking good chef. It does not sound like a very neutral take of yours. Laeo said it right tho; let's say they are planning to make Twi, the leader again. Why would they even say it in public or to some random? They are not stupid.

People made Disney villain reveals of the initial haelunorian coup, you'd be shocked at how brazen people are with their plans and ideas.

Wouldn't put it past them to see it and have everything repeated once again

5 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

People made Disney villain reveals of the initial haelunorian coup, you'd be shocked at how brazen people are with their plans and ideas.

Wouldn't put it past them to see it and have everything repeated once again

I know already about it and I'm not here to talk about experience but it comes from both side. Monkeypoacher got it right though; if they'd do it again, punish em. Simple. We dont need to foresee anything for it.

Let her back in ):

so the high elf internet defence force got someone permabanned for trying to take over their country?

"but it was OOC"

the rp civil war was literally frozen by admins for months

"but it had OOC motivations"

you, me, and everyone else. "i want myself/my friends to be in charge" is the deep dark secret behind every coup, rebellion, civil war, etc. And here's why that's a good thing(tm). in seriousness tho, the rp reason of "i want to be in charge" is also perfectly valid cuz it's happened in real history a million times. someone ban report gaius iulius caesar

"they were a foreign coup trojan horsing as helves"

they literally all had helf characters??? the fact that they're still all playing helves over in celia'nor just proves that they weren't 1-day alt'ing helves only to ditch them once they won

"they destroyed the nation"

p sure haelun'or lost nation status because of activity checks, and then lost their tile to poor/unlucky diplomacy that celia'nor wasn't even involved it.

so, can someone explain to me what the actual problem here was? no one's posted screens of the toxicity alluded to, but i wouldn't be surprised at someone becoming extremely hostile and prickly over the course of a 3-month-frozen-rp-fuckfest of a conflict. that whole situation should've been seen as a failing of the rules framework to let internal conflict run its course, not as a beating stick to punish players for getting frustrated at being rule-lawyered and fucked around with for months 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:22 AM, DragonofTaters said:

It seems to me that rather than having a public ban appeal posted where of course friends and supporters flock to say how they either did nothing wrong, or definitely learned a lesson and should come back, you'd be better off talking to the people wronged in the first place. The people who were being protected by the banning of the player. Those are the people who you should be listening to, not the band of friends or completely unrelated players who either know half truths or no truths. The only opinions that matter in a case where people have been attacked, such as harassment bans, are the ones who were harassed. If they feel safe with the player's return then fine, give them a chance. If they don't you should listen to that when considering a ban appeal. 

There's been a multitude of posts about player and community safety. So talk to the players who were made unsafe by another. People who don't understand the full picture will never be able to give true, honest opinions on the matter. And those wronged won't feel safe voicing concerns on a public forum. Hence the reason for anonymity. There really is no point to this.

This is an admin ban, a CGV ban. Talk to the members of the community who were harmed. This seems very strange and rather pointless. 

(As a member of this community and a staff member, my concern, as yours should be Admins, lies with the victims. Not the crowd of friends. We are meant to be creating a safer environment. And creating a public post where an anonymous victim will feel in no way safe voicing their true thoughts is not conducive to that.)

she supposedly plotted to kill me oocly for months on end (i am a “victim” as you stated so you must read my opinion) but at the end of the day it’s minecraft just ignore her and let her rp lol 

tldr stop caring and you will feel much better : )

Marshawn Take Care Of Your Mentals GIF - Marshawn Take Care Of Your Mentals GIFs

TLDR: Someone cut your RPG/MMO experience with fentanyl. And that is not a good thing.