Is it weird to rp as another gender?

Golding1210

Nope, not weird at all, but do remember that weirdness and poor roleplay go hand in hand. No one will give a shit if you play a man or a woman, but they will think it's weird if you make that their sole character trait and that becomes all they have to offer.

You'll be fine. Enjoy your roleplay. :)

2 hours ago, Mordhaund said:

underrated comment

i dont think we understand what this means

all chads do it

1 hour ago, marikandaperc said:

i dont think we understand what this means

41zBOhuvBDL.jpg 

a good manga from one of the best manga authors out there [read flowers of evil and blood on the tracks]

(it's about genderbending)

45 minutes ago, Mordhaund said:

41zBOhuvBDL.jpg 

a good manga from one of the best manga authors out there [read flowers of evil and blood on the tracks]

(it's about genderbending)

LMAO pink was on abt me (i think???) bcz my nickname is mari so i was worried i did smth wrong ?? but this turned out to be funnier than i thought

Definitely not weird! RP is RP.

Might get some looks from people, but those are the people you need to avoid! But it's definitely not weird!

it's only weird to people who really want to romance rp with an in real life girl, otherwise why would you care

21 hours ago, marikandaperc said:

i play a MAN! it's not weird if anything it makes the rp more interesting imo

your roleplay is extremely weird so erm I beg to differ

Who you as a person are shouldn't matter at all in roleplay, that's sort of the point! I think you should totally go through with your idea.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it but I was just wondering your guys' thoughts because I think it would be weird to go onto a teamspeak expecting one gender and you get the complete opposite.

As for this specifically - I think you'll actually find these experiences to be positive, especially if it's anyone you're befriended/care about. That's been the case for me at least - when folks I've been roleplaying with for some time find out I'm a dude, their surprise is to do only with how woman-like my women characters are, wherein they didn't expect me to be a man.

But that sort of ties into what others have said on this thread, who your character is matters. Gender is just one dimension of a character. Being thoughtful in your character design is what people will remember about you - if they're auverginian/french, for example, folks will be more happy with you if that part of the character is also a full dimension, not just oui oui and bonjour phrases thrown in.

I am a man who only plays female personas. I can tell you there are tons of people who will talk so much smack/ will refuse to have marriages with women played by men. I will refrain my thoughts on it further, because I think it would be very dramatic lol. Butt, on lotc you slowly find people you like to interact with irp and oocly. The people you want to interact with, they won't have any problem with it all. Those with their toxic masculinity, well you will prefer to not interact with them.