Is it weird to rp as another gender?

Golding1210

I'm new to Lotc and while I have played on other servers, I've always played as the same gender I am in real life but recently I've gotten a good idea for a character and don't know if I should do it or not because they are the opposite gender than me. I personally don't see anything wrong with it but I was just wondering your guys' thoughts because I think it would be weird to go onto a teamspeak expecting one gender and you get the complete opposite. Let me know your thoughts!

not really. lots of people genderbend. it just so happens that many people who do are a bit odd but then again that might just be because most people on lotc in general are odd.

Dw, you joined post 2016. The only people who are weird about it are people to avoid imo

Not at all! It is roleplaying, after all. It's not weird unless you make it weird- eg. sticking religiously to perceived assumptions- and honestly probably best to avoid ppl who make it weird. At the end of the day, it is a block game and we are bags of meat squeezing air at one another.

the only ppl who have a problem with genderbending are boring weirdos who think everyone is below them in my experience so. i think ur fine

Nah, it's really not a big deal nowadays. Back in the old days of pre-2016 LotC it used to be heavily stigmatized and could get you OOCly blacklisted from certain opportunities within humanity. It's always been perfectly fine outside of humanity though. Even within humanity itself it's no longer a thing nowadays and has pretty much been eliminated for the most part.

And I mean, when you think about it, is playing the opposite gender really that incredibly different from playing an elf, or a dwarf, or an orc, or a magical creature? You're roleplaying a character that's supposed to be distinctly different from yourself in some way anyway, not a self insert. Just gotta be careful to avoid making your character's gender everything about them if you do so. Making a basic concept and then deciding a gender based on how best it vibes with the story of that concept is a good way of avoiding these stereotypes. 

it's such a non issue the only ppl who I've seen actually care are the ppl who larp as anti-degeneracy crusaders constantly. if u think u have a good concept don't let the prehistoric stigma of genderbending stop u

It’s only weird if you are weird about it

Your Character is someone you RP as, and playing a character with a different gender should not have you get persecuted for any weird reason. I RP as a bald, 160 year old, 6'4, greyskinned cannibal orc with a Handlebar mustache, that doesn't mean I am one or that it's "weird" (in the ToS/Creep sense) for me to RP that character. Anyone who witch-hunts based on this is silly, to say the least, and you should report them.

Play who you want! Go for neat ideas! We will support you.

Nope, not at all! This is a roleplaying server, people aren't weird for roleplaying as a different gender, and why should it matter it to other people if you are playing another gender? not their business, just roleplay and relax

i play a MAN! it's not weird if anything it makes the rp more interesting imo

mari moment