Is it weird to rp as another gender?

Golding1210

has the potential to be weird as much as it has the potential to offer a good, fresh experience in RPing a fictional character.  

3 hours ago, Frank_Dog said:

I am a man who only plays female personas. I can tell you there are tons of people who will talk so much smack/ will refuse to have marriages with women played by men. I will refrain my thoughts on it further, because I think it would be very dramatic lol. Butt, on lotc you slowly find people you like to interact with irp and oocly. The people you want to interact with, they won't have any problem with it all. Those with their toxic masculinity, well you will prefer to not interact with them. 

I don't think there's a problem with people not wanting to do that, I wouldn't just say they have 'toxic masculinity'. It's a personal choice and that should be respected, the same as your choice to genderbend.

these rep farm posts getting crazier

10 hours ago, Borin said:

I don't think there's a problem with people not wanting to do that, I wouldn't just say they have 'toxic masculinity'. It's a personal choice and that should be respected, the same as your choice to genderbend.

Genius Youre Smart GIF by GEICO

For those males choosing to play female characters/those females choosing to play male characters, don't mistake a player's unwillingness to engage in "romance" RP as some allergy to the postmodern worldview about the permissiveness to be gender fluid/play pretend to be the other gender. Some of us just don't want to be hit on whether the player doing the hitting on is real-life Team XX or Team XY.

4 hours ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

Genius Youre Smart GIF by GEICO

For those males choosing to play female characters/those females choosing to play male characters, don't mistake a player's unwillingness to engage in "romance" RP as some allergy to the postmodern worldview about the permissiveness to be gender fluid/play pretend to be the other gender. Some of us just don't want to be hit on whether the player doing the hitting on is real-life Team XX or Team XY.

sorry i totally misunderstood this HAHA this is valid mb

Edited by marikandaperc

4 hours ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

no offense but where was romance rp ever brought up in frankdogs original comment

31 minutes ago, ydegirl said:

no offense but where was romance rp ever brought up in frankdogs original comment

romance rp is the leading cause of 99.99% “weirdo” and “erm awkward” events on lord of the craft.

without romance rp and the implementation of stork lore, an entire generation would be saved.

save for me, for I enjoy kissing my homies @milksodaand @JoanOfArcon the mouth, before, during, and after bed time.

Unfortunately

giphy.thumb.gif.23dadd9b2525ac2dc1beda4dfb6e652a.gif

Yes it's very weird

: /

3 hours ago, ydegirl said:

Let's do some basic reading comprehension (no offense :3)

Romance RP is not referenced directly, but... gee, I wonder what tends to happen when people marry in roleplay? Hm. Couldn't guess.

image.png.5ba8c1b536d60286c8855efab8a385b4.png

Sort of. Not really. Just don't be weird about it and it doesn't matter

Not only is it not weird, I think its super cool to rp a gender you don't identify with irl. Being able to put yourself in the shoes of someone you're not and roleplay is a real skill, and in my opinion its the key to making roleplay really fun!

5 hours ago, cosmic_evil said:

Not only is it not weird, I think its super cool to rp a gender you don't identify with irl. Being able to put yourself in the shoes of someone you're not and roleplay is a real skill, and in my opinion its the key to making roleplay really fun!

do dwarves and halflings identify as midgets irl