TEMPORARY RULE AMENDMENT: To mech flee, or to not mech flee...

frankdh

Very good and timely change. What more can we say?

Think as things are now, no pvp weapons no real ability to do significant damage, no pikes or anything of the sort, I think its fair to drop it at least for now untill the pvp weapons are actually available fist can only do so much damage before a chase is really not worth it.

Nice rep farm.

I miss doing bandit RP-PvP where both groups equip their gear and do a PvP countdown to start the fight.

The training swords made in the crafting table only do 1 point of damage, which is very lame.

Edited by Textarea

thank you mod team, im truly sorry the fiasco today happened but i think i can safely say many of us are tired of the system being exploited. thank you for hearing and abiding the outcry of the masses

Very smart and based change to prevent abuse on both sides of this issue, hopefully something like it stays even after p v p is added to prevent bad faith actions

What's the plan with the rule once the original version is re-implemented? Will there be aims at attempting to create a more permanent altering of it once it's seen running in tandem with the pvp system or will it remain the same as it has for the last while?

I wonder if they'll update it when they add pvp back too, lol

1 minute ago, Fionn__TWG said:

What's the plan with the rule once the original version is re-implemented? Will there be aims at attempting to create a more permanent altering of it once it's seen running in tandem with the pvp system or will it remain the same as it has for the last while?

1 minute ago, Wyrvun said:

I wonder if they'll update it when they add pvp back too, lol

image.thumb.png.037df87e9917658b9b6613a356c28466.png

Will be addressed in this. Hoping this will be out soon!

6 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

image.thumb.png.037df87e9917658b9b6613a356c28466.png

Will be addressed in this. Hoping this will be out soon!

Now i know where I can send my hate too. . .

I got some questions.

Why must both decide to fight or flight, if attacked by 1 person?

Wouldn't it be fair for 1 of 2 people to run away and maybe get help while the other is fighting?

Very inspiring to see the Moderation Team declare independence on the 4th of July (Eve)

Why not make this permanent solution?

As I see this, I can infer that mech fleeing is (and should) being used when the fleeing one cannot crp due to ooc time constraints (have to go in 5 minutes for instance). 

And maybe the right to flee should be reserved to the defender as defined by the rules. After all, the one who initiates combat should need to commit to possible crp if the other party wants it.

13 hours ago, frankdh said:

If player 2 wants to run from player 1, they must decide to flee BEFORE pulling out their weapon or any other "attack" (casting magic, etc) to engage in combat.

I'm assuming the decision to flee is communicated as either a fleeing emote, or an OOC statement? The way it is currently worded is very vague and free-form? Could you amend it to have a more specific accepted method of 'making a decision'?