PvP Plugin

The60th

58 minutes ago, sneakybandit said:

How long until raid ladders and tnt are remove ya think?

A few days

Can we Dye leather armor again for the sake of RP items or is it perma deadge?

I can't wait to be randomly robbed and killed by a bunch of bandits with netherite <3

great, now pvp will only be accessible to the sweatiest of try hards.

Hyped to the point where I ended up purchasing the Aether VIP lol

Could we get an explanation of the varies weapons and armors? Maybe more in depth than last time with piercing doing 'something'. Doesn't even take long to add in "Axes are good against shields with chance to do extra dmg (if that is what they do???), maces are good against armoured people as they ignore % of armor (Do they? People used maces against armoured people so I would assume so). Shortbow vs longbow. 

Chapter two is looking kind of nice.

Spoiler

All my max horses have been nerfed to 12.99 as the maximum they can go, is this permanent? It removes a large market of horse breeding and trading, and slows transport down to annoying speeds. What was the reason for this?

Unasked-for reversion to 1.8 aside, making weapon stats randomly assigned makes this whole "update" a bad idea.

For years the main criticism of the server has been that management systems are too inflexible to permit good, creative RP:  restrictions on settlements disempower the unlanded while making settlements themselves obsessed with self-preservation; adjusting lore takes so long that it can never contribute to dynamic RP; building is needlessly difficult such that only the OOCly well-connected can do it in a timely fashion.  And now PvP, supposedly the great equalizer because of mechanical impartiality, will also needlessly favor the best OOC-coordinated factions at the expense of individuals.  Obviously "grinders" will always have some advantage just by having more material, but making some weapons randomly inferior seems intended to punish individuals (perhaps new players!) crafting for themselves.

That's not even considering the effects of adding new material types or "raid" equipment -- overall, this update could hardly do more to reinforce the ossification of the server into stagnant OOC camps where the main determiner of one's ability to do anything is who you know out of character.

Still, new materials are always welcome, though I'd like some attention to be paid to its lore as well.  Also, it would be a big help to me if someone on the tech side could publish (or just DM to me) the NBT fields used and to be used for identifying the new weapons, so I can use them for CIT resource packs.

This is literally 1984. They nerfed Charcoal. We can't make it anymore. Jokes on them, I got a double chest filled with it, that will last me the entire map.

hell yea, gimme funni daemonsteel things

Some thoughts, after looking at the plugin!

- I cannot wait for the update concerning Lapis, Redstone, Emeralds, Copper, Diamonds, etc;

- The overreliance on netherite and leather is concerning and unbalanced

- I would like to know if the node mines for currently unclaimed tiles will be created

- Multiple people have been asking for an updated tile/resource map.

- Arrow recipe is wack, maybe replace one iron with a stick?

Overall well done and big thanks for the coders! I had to mald a bit at first but now with a clear head I like this.

@The60th

ALSO DYED LEATHER ARMOR PLS EVEN IF IT'S JUST COSMETIC