He was a Daesmon.

Pancho

807A6BFD-923A-448E-8795-A312BF6D991A.thumb.jpg.f5071293432de1372d4b1d2c05741273.jpg

[!] Artist depiction of Kosher in his youth

-=-=-=-

Screams…cries…terrors… All of these plagued the veteran soldier, from his first battle to his final. His thoughts were haunted by the faces of the fallen. Those who were still alive however, hated him with a burning passion. After all, a century of conflict and after decades of constant fighting had taken its toll on the bastard Prince. 

Kosher still remembered when he had first been recruited. He was visiting home in Stygian Hollow when a Norlandic raid had come, and he had been thrown into a fighting force consisting of people known as ‘Rustlers.’ Little did he know at the time that they would shape him into a warrior of renown, from a simple smith from the hills of Urguan to a battle-hardened soldier. There he met some of his greatest friends, such as Elsil and Elsiimah’Ceru, the likes of the great Blair, and even his best friend.. Brian.

Brian, his first love. He didn’t even remember how they met, but it was love at first sight. They always were up to trouble, and even got married on a whim. They planned to settle down in the Duchy of Elysium, not wanting a life of crime in the Rustlers any longer. They were more than just husbands, they were best friends till the end. And once Brian’s end came at the noose after a brutal battle at Yong Ping, Kosher thought he would never recover, and some say he never did. Everyday after that, Kosher swore that every Yong Pinger that ever tried to be friends with him, he would slay.

After Brian’s death, Kosher was crushed. His brother Elliphas came back into his life, but it did not fill the hole in his heart. Fal’leon tried, and failed. Thus, Kosher left the decaying House Ceru, the successor to the Rustlers, and tried to make himself useful. After a few unfortunate incidents, he was banished from the Kingdom of Elysium after over two decades of faithful service. After a string of slanderous insults, Kosher went to join the Ferrymen for a bit as he found a new home in the Crown of Elvenesse.

Evar’tir Oranor, the High Prince of Elvenesse took him on. Though Kosher dreamed of something bigger than Elvenesse, he dreamed of Elven unity. Thus he aided Vytrek Tundrak’s efforts to unify Elvendom, and was given an impossible task. Though whilst all this was going on, he met his new love…

Melawen Taliame’onn stormed into his life like a raging storm, taking him by surprise. They got married quickly, and shortly after had Acanthus and Aster Daesmon, with the former getting prepared to become Prince-Heir. They had a successful marriage by all means, though after a plot to assassinate Kosher was unveiled, she quickly went into hiding with their youngest child, Clematis.

Whilst his marriage to Melawen was occurring, plans for Elven unity were being set in stone. Though one elf posed a threat, and thus had to be silenced. Kosher embarked on a mission with his son Acanthus, and multiple men at arms and ambushed Minuvas Melphestaus, a supposed prophet and claimant to be the ‘Speaker of Malin.’ They successfully put him into a coma, causing the downfall of the Princeps of Ebonwood and directly causing the massacre of the Mali’Imperi. For this effort, it was cemented that Kosher would take over the Crown of Elvenesse, now the Crown of Amaethea as Prince-Royarch, as Vytrek Tundrak had been crowned High Prince of Malinor. 

His reign was largely peaceful, other than a small war with the Uruk Horde that resulted in the prevailing might of Malinor as a whole. Though, crumbling relationships and a stint of depression plagued the Prince, and after a mere decade and a half of rule, he abdicated the crown in favor of Acanthus. He would no longer play a large part in global politics, other than a few minor moves, made mostly to anger his enemies.

Kosher’s life was mostly waiting. As the world calmed down, he settled down with a woman named Vullenia and had a son named Cetaur, who he would come to adore during a stint on Failor. He still was a soldier and fought a bit, but mostly for money and nothing compared to the evil acts he used to do. A few people died, but at the end of the day killing was his job still on Almaris. 

Nothing he had done was horrible after Malinor though. He mostly stayed out of trouble and kept to himself the his fellow Lords of Hus, a collective of wealthy individuals that held immense influence in the Far Northern regions of Almaris. Once the migration to Braevos was made, Kosher once again stirred, beginning to make his name known for harmless pranks or shenanigans.

Yet, after over a century of constant battle, being loyal to a mask to a crown, to being disgraced from it all, he was finally through. All that repentance was for naught, as he was executed like a dog over nothing. The only honorable thing about such a demise was the champion who gave him the honor of a duel. Towered over and tired, Kosher was swiftly defeated by the Orc.As he fell into eternal sleep, his nightmares turned to dreams, for what had been good was great.

Thus Ended the Third Prince of Amaethea, Kosher Fier Daesmon.

Spoiler

Thank you to everyone who was involved with this character! Over the span of two years, I've had a blast with different groups of people. This was my second character on LOTC and he's gone far. Though now, I am off to college to focus and won't have time to build another character, so this will be goodbye for now. After all the people I've interacted with, I will only name the top ones (sorry to anyone who isn't named!) @AnonymousAlexa@Kanapes@_mady07@HogoBojo@Bhased@Valannor@Willstertheking2@JTMedea@Amuletic@MayRndz@Minuvas@Orlanth@xMuted@Pancakehz@GammaRose @Apotolofo @__ClockyWith those out of the way, I bid you adieu.

"Oneh o' moi best friends oi ever 'ad, an' oneh o' few peopleh whoh could foight against meh as an equal." Sigrun 'Dragonslayer' Ireheart said with a tear and and a raised bottle of mead.

The white haired Daesmon falls an eerie silent upon hearing the news. The frown he already held managing to fall even more so. He utters but a simple phrase. "Damn it all.." Before falling silent once more. Merely reaching to lift a glass of bourbon and down it before laying his head down on the desk in front of him. Where he would stay for days to come. Whether he was mourning or plotting, none could tell.

[!] Within the forests a mali'ame with emerald eyes and a horde of creatures that followed her, mostly frogs and an array of the sort had gathered. 

There she sat a flowing gown of blue draped the grass as she held a parchment. Word from her daughter who had taken it upon herself to be Melawens eyes and ears of the modern world. 

Her husband was dead. 

They hadn't been a perfect couple by no means near it. He was arrogant and charming he sauntered and banter followed him. She was bold and just. She talked to animals for the better part of her life. 

Kosher was the one she'd never seen coming. She fell madly for the mali'ame. Leaving him and her two boys was the hardest thing she had done. It broke her for years as she raised Clematis.  

She would never forget his constant adventures and utter loyalty. Even as the world was broken down and changed forever, the elfess had always loved Kosher. 

She mourned alone. Praying to the many gods she knew of, begging that someday she'd be able to see him once more.

[I adored the time we had and the rp we got! Melawen has been shelved for almost a year now, but I throughly enjoyed her time with kosher and the Daesmons.]

Elsil'Ceru lowered her chin solemnly for the lost brigand-prince. "A fearsome fighter, he was. May the spirits not judge his crimes too harshly." Sighing, she hung a yellow bandana from her walls alongside the others, each representing a fallen Rustler"Rest well, llir."

There in the afterlife, when Kosher's eyes opened. . . 

A tiny blur of bright red and orange rocketed towards him! The splash of color leaping at Kosher- the halfling that was Aech embracing him in a tight hug. A wide grin beamed from the little one's face, the chaos and playfulness that once filled them in their youth had returned in death. 

"Aces and spades, Kosher! Took you long enough!" Aech Amberace snickers. "C'mon, Brian's waiting for you" Taking the other's hand, she began to tug him away to another familiar face. . . 

Spoiler

O7 I'm so proud of you for so many things, and I know you know what I'm talking about. Though I'll miss you, congrats on college! IRL comes first, obviously. 

The Silver Lubba weeps for The Bronze Lubba

An elf had heard of his death, but did not mourn for she did not care. "Finally."

Spoiler

I had fun rping with you on Kosher man... its been a pleasure workin with ya o7

A statement is provided to all adherents to THE WAYissued by the Speaker of Malin in regards to the death of Kosher Daesmon as it reaches the Temple.

sirame ito kae'leh, nae oroment, llir'Malinor,

I speak to you all for the first time since I last addressed the Elven people when a pretender attempted to seize the throne of Malin'or and claim themselves High Prince of Malin'or, Fist of Malin, and Speaker of Malin. That I break my public silence, should lend weight to the death of this Elf that must be addressed. 

I had taken in Kosher and his brother like my own sons when they were but mewling little Mali. I put a roof over their head, gave them dignity and respect. For a time he courted my daughter, and though this was a barefaced play for power - I had come to admire the young mali as I watched him grow. For this I always viewed him as my wayward child.  I was there at his wedding, I supported him as he grew in age, and I attempted to guide him as a lost sheep best I could.

Yet there was a darkness in his heart I could never overcome, he saw himself as a coming conquering, who knew only trickery and deceit deep in his very soul. I knew of his time running about thieving and bandying with Rustlers. I knew of his dance with Vampirism - and turned a blind eye - assuming this was but a phase in a young elf's life.  He asked me once to kneel before him, a curious request that he knew I could not fulfill - for I know but one King. I believe that I could turn this child to hear and know our Father Malin given time.

Had I known then, as I do now, I would have done Malin'or a service and dispatched Kosher into nothingness when he was a pup with small fangs and small ambitions. I could never know how he would grow to be one of the worst killer of Elves to ever roam Almaris.

When Malin had spoken to me of the coming age of blood and Elven genocide, I was unable to see what was right in front of me - I felt in my heart that surely, the King did not speak to me of the one called Daesmon. It was the Fenn alone, and their slaughter of Elven babes and innocents that I assumed this vision was about. I ignored that which was in front of me, and it was the Kingdom that paid the price. 

My failure has always been Kosher Daesmon, and I have worn it heavily for a century, not only spiritually but physically from the scars of the Bandit Prince and his rustlers when they assaulted me and purged hundreds of elves from the East to the West coast for defying the ideals of a Fennec dominion. 

History has all but condemned him as a bandit who served his puppet masters from their icy caverns in Fenn, the Crown of Elvenesse shall look forever at the reign of the line of Daesmon as a mistaken rise of an ambitious Elf. One that was not blessed by Malin, and nay legitimate in the eyes of the King.

Yet there is no relief, no escape to know that my mistake has been put to the dirt. It shall take a century to wipe away this regret, and centuries more to be free of the guilt. However, I cannot prevent the tears that escape my eyes even now, for I could never find it in my heart to hate Kosher, my wayward child of Malin. Even now I feel as if an unreconciled child of mine had never returned home, who lived in scorn and anger - and who I will never have the hope of forgiveness. Child of Malin, Malin'onn, he is and always shall be.

I shall forbid any adherents of THE WAY to mourn or attempt to numenify Kosher Desmond. The building of a numenic cult in his honor is to be put down with violent prejudice. He shall never be allowed to ascend into blessed Malin'or with our Father, for he has forgotten his face. His mourning is mine alone to carry, and its weight shall continue to rest on my shoulders. May our Father forgive me.

We know but one King, and his name is Malin.

Issued by the Saneyir of Malin. 

Vullenia was waiting at home for her husband that night for him to come home, she had finally picked out a wedding dress for the upcoming event when the letter of the news had reached her. The pale elf would fall to her knees as tears streamed down her face like a waterfall, "You said we'd always be together....why have you gone without me, my love.....what is left for me on this horrid world without you...." The elf falling to her side, she laid there still and cold, the only happiness she ever had was him and now he's gone...maybe soon she will follow...

Medea stood on her balcony, looking up upon the sky, the letter had arrived but she did not open it, why would she? She already knew what it was about, after all, she was there, guarding that very event where he had died, he had died before her very eyes and she could do nothing. The vibrant violet color in her eyes showed a shade of grey as she grieved another fallen friend. Medea took out a bottle of ale and poured it from her balcony to onto the streets of Vikela, "I owed you a drink,..remember..? Maybe one day...we can have a drink together again...rest well...dear friend.."

“I can break your curse, we can break them, together. Stop avoiding me… I won’t die or leave your side” Memories echoed passed the shieldess as she remembers her hands holding the daesmond as soon, the old lady sighed a small glimmer of both passion and distraught came. “I tried…we tried….I will look after Soren…”

and from such home a boy with similar golden eyes looked down upon his mother, he played his ukulele but Ina. Soft tune “Maln huh…. I wish I met him….”

"Tried, an' failed" A melancholy grin crossed the druids lips, shaking his head. "Wha' an understa'men'. Leas' 'e remembered tae mention me."

Fal'leon sits back, run down from the losses that had been coming one after the other as of late. "Me firs' real love, ye were. Our time t'gether will remain remembered with bi''erswee'ness. I spen' decades prayin' ye would die, decades more tryin' tae ferge' I even loved ye." He lets out a sigh and pinches the bridge of his nose, wrought with feelings impossible to decipher. Loathing, regret, longing, sadness. 

"Van'ayla, ame nae evareh. Kae mayilu nae ker'ante."

The Winemaker would still be pondering over the events he had witnessed in person, still shocked by the display of brutality and barbarism from the elven nobility. "May he rest well in the soul stream, perhaps one day he may find further vengeance." With his goodbye prayer given, the Winemaker would pop open an old vintage, and grab a small tray filled with yellowed powder. In front of him, rested various notes and posters. Something brewing within the Wildwynns wicked mind. 

Aster Daesmon would lower his head in sorrow, with the deepest of grief. "I shall miss you greatly Father, more than you could ever know." Tears would run down the Elf's face as he reminisced about all the fond memories that they shared together, and how he realized that there would be no more to come.

Shink

Shink

Shink

From an undisclosed location, a whetstone dragged across a blade forged from thanhic steel. A mournful lament. Where once an elfess had faith, her hope renewed, was now a husk, filled with regret for years invested, blood spilled and tears shed. The final straw had been plucked, the final nail hammered into the coffin. There was much Valindra had been all too happy to overlook, many crimes, faults, flaws, for they did the same despite her frequent and felonious activities...

But this was too far. A line had been crossed.

With a flourish, her blade was sheathed, and she turned to gather up a mass of wooden planks, some nails and a hammer.

"I was a fool to think they'd stand so much as the faintest of chance at redemption... I'm sorry, Kosher."