9.0 Combat Rules Update

Spoopy_Duck

12 hours ago, Islamadon said:

in this case it should get some clarification, no one knows what a fatal drop would be … it’s not obtrusive to count how far you fell to determine damage

It says at the top 1 block = 1 meter. You're not going to walk away from a 5 meter fall with no injury. If someone tries to, call a mod.

----

PvP / MRP - Mods shouldn't have been editing posts to say MRP instead of the former. I've spoken to them. Also, the plugin that changes your text in-game has been removed. Fairly certain these were done jokingly. I realize it's not appropriate and I've asked them to not do that.

In regards to the name change, I think it's more beneficial to recognize mechanical combat (pvp) as an avenue in which RP can be facilitated, which is why I accepted the change "MRP" from another admin. 

12 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

In regards to the name change, I think it's more beneficial to recognize mechanical combat (pvp) as an avenue in which RP can be facilitated, which is why I accepted the change "MRP" from another admin. 

H-CRP and M-CRP (honor/mechanical combat roleplay) would have served better and gotten you memed on less for mature RP namespace collision. Now, with this change you can get memed on for Minecraft RP namespace collision, which at least carries with it less baggage. To be honest with you, people are gonna call it CRP and PVP no matter what, but if you want to facilitate a culture change, it makes more sense for both honor and mechanics to be methods of combat roleplay, instead of for mechanical combat to be separated completely from CRP, under this logic.

Edited by tasty_cheesecake

2 minutes ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

H-CRP and M-CRP (honor/mechanical combat roleplay) would have served better and gotten you memed on less for mature RP namespace collision. Now, with this change you can get memed on for Minecraft RP namespace collision, which at least carries with it less baggage.

I think it's weird people are flaming Spoopy for something a.) he didn't have control over and b.) something that really doesn't affect anything. 

1 minute ago, itdontmatta said:

I think it's weird people are flaming Spoopy for something a.) he didn't have control over and b.) something that really doesn't affect anything. 

Because you didn't communicate this until now. If you don't tell people that, then people on this server will assume the worst of the staff.

30 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

It says at the top 1 block = 1 meter. You're not going to walk away from a 5 meter fall with no injury. If someone tries to, call a mod.

but we wouldn't need to call a mod if this could just be clarified upfront . . . IDK why not wanting to write down "Can only safely drop down to a maximum of 6 blocks" or something along those lines is a hill the GM team seems to vehemently defend when the rules provide movement values

Skimmed and scanned through this mess of click-justification. 

In regards to the cute and adorable 'sufficient' halt emote. I have not seen an answer to previously asked questions regarding moderator discretion and teleporting the player who was ^mechanically^ running from the roleplay after the halt was emoted. (I may be blind)

Elaborate on this, because as it stands it's a severe gray area. 

Are we to assume that the 'halt' emote must also be met with an emote from the opposing party? Or are we to assume that the 'halt' emote is going to be looked at as being 'sufficient' (BS); and anyone who hears it MUST adhere to it and respond to it? 

Because IMO if I see a bunch of click goons in armor blocking a road; you really think people will engage with that? Nah they'll use their horse and run right through them as if they were ghosts. Unless of course you've got a bunch of people around you consistently or you have god-mode enabled. 

Other than that. Enjoy. 

Tbh I don't mind the name change, but the forced censorship seems a little iffy to me...

Just my two cents, this stuff isn't necessarily my forte so I don't have much of an opinion outside of this

Edited by Cheese
I made a typo and it annoyed me

staff, pls just get into a habit of posting a feedback thread with your current draft before implementing. there's so many comments already pointing out problems or loopholes, but atm now these are our rules? save everyone and yourselves the headache 

4 hours ago, Nug said:

staff, pls just get into a habit of posting a feedback thread with your current draft before implementing. there's so many comments already pointing out problems or loopholes, but atm now these are our rules? save everyone and yourselves the headache 

We welcome players to join our Moderation discord, where rules are often posted ahead of time and workshopped with the community.

https://discord.gg/ZHeGjY8H

8 hours ago, Nug said:

I posted the exact draft that was forwarded to admins in the moderation discord Burnsider linked.

lol the fact that staff is still so against anything grounded in mechanics is so embarassing... 

I've honestly been trying to find the root cause of why there is such a hard divide between mechanics and roleplay on the server and why it is not one in the same for years. I think, ultimately, the issue is the desire to "adultify" lotc by distancing mechanics from roleplay as the age of the player base increases. A 13 year old might be really into minecraft itself but someone who is older might be attracted solely because of the roleplay.

I hypothesize that the need to adultify LoTC stems from the fact that as one grows up, they feel inferior due to the fact that they are playing on a minecraft server, and also the fact that many players derive a significant amount of social interaction from playing. People who are feeling inferior want to feel better about themselves, so they try to create a lot of arbitrary rules around the game to build a wall of separation. It's easier to justify spending 30 hours a week playing a kids game when you pretend to not be playing the game. 

"No, this is not Minecraft, this is an advanced political socio-economic medieval simulation community mom!!"

It's easy to see how that thought process might evolve into the situation we have now. Children and people secure in themselves desparate to play the game they signed up for and others who want to take away the fun in exchange for a safety blanket that hides them from all their inesecurities. There's people who can accept and embrace the fact that this is indeed Minecraft, and there's those who feel the need to feel better about themselves.

And, what obviously follows is that 

1.) This is Minecraft

2.) People that join the server probably do want to play a little Minecraft at the very least, since owning Minecraft and seeking out a server on the game is a requirement to find LoTC in most cases.

3.) Trying to distance the server from Minecraft when the server is on Minecraft and most new players want to play Minecraft is a recipe for self destruction. 

And also consider players who are older are more likely to leave the server (because after all, this is Minecraft, and they have a real life to live). If one considers this, it is clear that catering to these people is simply a bad administrative decision.

I consider the node system to be a symptom of this as well.

The Road to 500 is a dead dream if the staff team cannot even come to terms with the fact that we are playing on Minecraft, that it's a game, and that people want to play it.

Remember to send a dickpic to moderation so you cannot powergame during mrp

one day youll just add a stat point system