I'm Hooked On Fishing

Adelemphii

3 hours ago, Telanir said:

at last fishing is back…anthos fishing memories :)

Yeahhhh! Brings back some old memories :D

Is there a way to tell if an area has been overfished visually? Rather than sitting around and wasting time trying to figure it out?

12 hours ago, Amayonnaise said:

Is there a way to tell if an area has been overfished visually? Rather than sitting around and wasting time trying to figure it out?

That would be a nice feature, yeah. Either a small text message in chat or maybe a particle effect of sorts?

Also: Can we get the option to stack the items perhaps? Might be usefull for shops and the likes of such!
And maybe a way to obtain coral fans and the coral base plants? Right now I have tried nearly everything to get them, but nothing works...
@Adelemphii

On 8/13/2023 at 10:18 AM, SlitheryC1 said:

I hope stacking items/meats of the exact same type will be fine enough- as without it, it contributes to making fishing as a means of feeding people even more obsolete compared to farming/husbandry. Why have all this specialized equipment to get food if other options only require a wooden hoe or some wheat/seeds?
Also, sometimes the bag gobbles up recently deposited items and causes them to disappear, though it's only happened once in the short time i've used it.

5 hours ago, Ragnio said:

Also: Can we get the option to stack the items perhaps? Might be usefull for shops and the likes of such!

I had misunderstood the stacking question, it was indeed a bug that has been patched out as of... 3 minutes ago. The bag gobbling up items was fixed yesterday and if anything else related to that occurs please either DM me on discord or send a message on the Feedback Form

13 hours ago, Amayonnaise said:

I have added a message that will play when you've overfished an area.

5 hours ago, Ragnio said:

And maybe a way to obtain coral fans and the coral base plants? Right now I have tried nearly everything to get them, but nothing works...

I will be adding more items, those which were obtainable via drops before the fishing plugin (i.e. those fish spawn eggs, etc) over the course of the next few days.

If I use a fishing net on a fish I get it in my inventory, is there a way to use the skinning knife on it afterwards or no?

Fishing is so much fun now! More fun things like this please!

I got so excited when I caught an ancient coin!