Bring back the auction house

SimplySeo

If AH is re-implemented in any capacity, it should only be for standard resources and should not facilitate the trading of any RP-signed items (like Drakehaze suggests).

3 hours ago, SimplySeo said:

They promised more merchant roleplayers, there are none. Where are they? Please bring back the auction house. It was fun.

I literally argued this from day 1. Nobody goes around being merchants. We were catering to the VERY small minority of lotc. LOL

5 hours ago, Traveller said:

Boon & Bane, illustrious, world-famous mercantile entrepreneurs with multiple locations both collectively say: "What the ****?"

Hide contents

as a merchant rper along with @Myochiiit is infinitely more fun without auction house which just encourages more of the growing grind problem lotc already has

why the fk could you sell magical artefacts on auction house with 0 rp

i'd be more open to it returning if it was food/building blocks only but no

as an actual merchant rper, do not bring it back

I am going to stop you right there traveller, the auction house in no way hindered merchant roleplay. Merchant roleplay peaked far before the auction house was removed. 

5 hours ago, wowj said:

If not the auction house, someone should build the grand exchange
and hold events for people to sell stuff off in a neutral territory
Grand Exchange Tax & Item Sink

a million years shall the runescape players be remembered.

build the grand exchange.

Edited by Wizry

8 hours ago, SimplySeo said:

They promised more merchant roleplayers, there are none. Where are they? Please bring back the auction house. It was fun.

WINE WINE WINE CELIAN WINE

(Only your ooc friends and up buying it)

I think the AH would be better if regional as has been suggested.

Merchant rp did exist prior to the AH being removed and was quite prevelant through things like the Orcish caravans which were very interesting and through those who wished to conduct these matters through rp (people like kamikaze_reaper or even now caelaerin).

This rp hasn't really died down nor increased since the AH was removed, i think it's more a matter of who prefers what. Rather than outright removing it, some sort of middleground should be made as the AH aids people who aren't able to be on at peak hours and will struggle to meet merchants as such.

I still believe some sort of noticeboard that allows you to post request for items or materials which is placed in every nation, where another player can fulfill the request and receive however much mina ther player offered for their request. If not this, regional AH would also work, just something rather than nothing.

kronk-point.gif

Also,

11 hours ago, Ewdrawings said:

Tired lonely and sad? Want things to buy but don't know where to look? Head to the Silver Merchant Sovereignty Shopping Mall! We have over thirty merchants setting up stalls all in one place for your convenience.

Are you a merchant or merchant guild owner? We have large spaces you can setup headquarters within, or Tax & RENT FREE stalls.

Location: North West of Haelun'or (1624, 4, 2864) --> Right near the soul stone for Haelun'or
016304f6c67e1831b0d7dfd285bbb970.jpg

That's it I'm selling my leather at even lower prices.

Disclaimer, the following opinions are based upon my experiences on the server and have been informed by such.
Auction House:

• Didn't Hinder Merchant Roleplay
  • Allowed to get needed resources in a pinch without having to go around grinding looking for them
  • Allowed newer players to quickly make some mina
  • Allowed people to focus on the RP they liked, without worrying about setting up stalls in different nations to try and get mina.

Mercant RP:

• Is more personal and charming, thus will always have a spot on the server, even with auction house.
  • is now required to be done by most folks to earn a living. (Personally I hate going around to different nations peddling stuff, even if one time i did make like 200 mina in a day from it. I find it very tedious and demotivating. Merchant RP is not for everyone, merchant RP was done before by those who liked it.)

Why the current server needs Auction House:

• With nation taxes, its extremely hard to build up wealth for everyone. People at the start of the server didn't spend money on anything to hoard up wealth. With the recent economic crash due to the collecting of backtaxes, this has been seen again. people are hoarding money.
  • Transcations for resources, such as leather, iron, netherite, etc are all done OOCLY, someone dms or /msg's someone else and they exchange stuff. Hardly any RP there. (I will admit the resources have made nation dynamics more interesting, but the actual trade rp part is not happening)

Trying to figure out what to sell, where to sell it, how to advertise what I'm selling, to me is incredibly tedious, unfun and demotivating. It is not what I enjoy doing on the server, but since I avoid doing it, i'm not making as much money as I could be. And I need as much money as possible to  pay tax and fund other projects.

The original poll deciding the removal of auction houses a was split 50/50 (iirc) thus I do not think that was enough to warrent its removal. All the things I stated above are concusions i've drawn from over nearly a year of playing without an auction house, comparetively i've only had the auction house for the first couple of months of  my rp experience as a pinktag. That being said, I still prefer the auction house.

3 hours ago, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

Personally I hate going around to different nations peddling stuff, even if one time i did make like 200 mina in a day from it. I find it very tedious and demotivating.

hire employees to do it for you

some of the complaints im seeing have roleplay answers. a grand exchange auction house DOES exist (@Ewdrawings) , except its not reliant on staff and you have to interact with other players to use it. its lazy to complain about lack of merchant rp and then not make the effort to partake in it. we should embrace rp challenges, not erase them for spoonfed staff solutions

1 hour ago, Bonito said:

hire employees to do it for you

🤯

I've literally made an rp post that im looking for people.

The server is also a game, sometimes quality of life mechanics needs to prioritised. Should soulstones be removed for the "rp challenge?". There is a difference between challenge and grind.

And AH is not a spoon-fed staff solution, it's a plugin for player enjoyment. That is the top priority for the server.

Edited by _RoyalCrafter_
Added par.

13 hours ago, Wizry said:

a million years shall the runescape players be remembered.

build the grand exchange.

I think as a means of rolling out a regional auction house, an in-game location(s) that is between nations would be neat. I've got an idea that I might crash-test in-game towards this location(s).

Generally, as someone who has done plenty of merchant roleplay through the Cingedoz, the existence or lack thereof of an auction house hasn't really affected merchant roleplay viability.

swap-here-you-go.gif

I miss the auction house. Now I have to find empty stalls to sell stuff only a few people will ever see. . .

And finding people selling stuff I actually want is so rare, please oh wise LOTCers lead me to the shops that sell girly stuff for my very girlified personas.