THE ROYAL SUCCESSION OF BALIAN (Updated)

ErikAzog

Princess Sibyl Gwyneth would read the document with a deep sigh, her name had been moved up in accordance with her prior conversation with her face. She was now to be heir of the land, a notion both scary and fulfilling to her. She now knew it was her duty to do everything she could for her people, the Balianese people.

The young Count of Aquliae, Johan Stor looked over the missive next to his now wife. Having spend the earlier parts of the day in conversation with the new Princess of Monterosa. A slight smile rested on his visage as he would raise his glass to a toast. "May the future of our Kingdom be even brighter that its past" 

Anatoliy Ilya Alyovich Godunov read the missive curiously. He wasn't much of a reader, granted, but something had compelled him to read through this random document - Where he saw the succession list..

An old habit, one learned from his proclaimed elven sister, reared its features once more as Ilya's tongue gently flicked his canines. He gave a grin.

"She'll do wonderfully. Now.. How much mina can ea make us..?"

A rare, yet bright grin settled on the Countess of Aquliae's freckled visage as she looked over the missive. Gwenyth had already been informed, but seeing it in writing just made it even more real. Her chest swelled with pride for her cousin. "That's mea girl!" 

Spoiler

The new heiress's husband, Ezren would feel conflicted. There was a great load his wife had to endure from now on, and hardships will be ever-present. But he knew she would endure. His only hope was that he could hold some of the load for her to ease the burden of a nation.

Godric Harald of the House Vuiller reads over the announcement with great interest from within the homely confines of the Aquilae Estate.

"A Noble Monarch, shall Her Highness become - in her own time."

John read the paper, fresh out of an argument with Ezren; looking further down, he spotted the line of succession and froze, unthinking and unblinking for a few long moments. His hand clutched the smoking pipe 'twixt his lips, taking an unsteady breath through clenched teeth. 

"... my house will be ruined."

"Ezren, a king. Poor Sibyl."

That night, the man wept for his future, his children, his wife. 

Sir Ephrem Kervallen of Tuvia, father of the future Prince Consort was given the missive by one of his squires. The Procurator read it and gained a smile "Who would have thought this when my pater first settled in Balian and we were nenthing more than a simple family of four"

Albéric felt genuine pride as he scanned the missive, his student and niece now destined to be Queen.

"You've come a long way and will assume a great deal of responsibility, Sibyl. Yet, I trust you shall be up for the task."

The Knight returned to his devices, believing it prudent to piece together a gift marking the occasion.

Eirene Linh Vuiller read the missive with a big smile on her face, signing a Lorraine and praying for Sibyl's future "May she be an even more exemplar than her father" 

Annette sat upon the stairs of her home, sorting through the various missives that were left at her door. One in particular earned an exhale, before promptly being set aside. "How Balian's gem has grown," she hummed. "I wish her well."

Edited by retro

A cousin to the newly-made Crown Princess, Teddy d'Arkent, wasted no time in securing yet another gift for Sibyl upon hearing the news.

4 hours ago, ErikAzog said:

The children of His Royal Highness, Constantine Antonious, are excluded from the succession due to their standing as heirs to the Archduchy of the Petra.

The half-brother of the children of Constanz of Balian, Prince Paul Alexander of the Petra looked to his mother the Queen-Emeritus Renilde I and remarked,

“This is quite odd. None of his children are titled within le Petrère. Nol even Albert. If they are to stand within succession of Balian, they ought not be excluded because of this claim.”

@tilly

He then began to write a letter to the King of Balian and ushered it away with a River Courtier, trusting that it would make it within his working hands.

@ErikAzog

”Your Royal Majesty,

My name is Paul, I am the Prince of Valfleur and of the Petra in the Commonwealth. The third son of Renilde I, and the only son of hers who is listed legally as an heir to the Realm other than the Prince Marcus who does hold seniority to even myself as the brother of my niece, the Pious Queen Catherine. This claim that any of the children of Constanz of Balian, even though we hold them all dearly, are titled within our Realm, is simply untrue.”

Costantia Irene hummed quietly as she viewed the new laws for Balian, relaxing within the beaches of her vacation home.

"Shall my family continue to prosper."