Bring back some form of ST Material mining

AlaricGrimgold

+1 for I dont have time to beg an ST to give me an event where I can collect some useless metal parts that cant even be used

+1

By dumping the responsibility of special materials onto ST/ET you've basically just made even work for your fellow staff, plus shifted the blame onto them when people get angry at having no materials to work with. It would have been understandable if you just took a bit more time to flesh out a solid system for nodes or resources BEFORE transitioning to Aevos, but here we are now with an even bigger headache.

+1

I’ve not seen any special metals that weren’t from the vaults, nor have I ever owned anything to begin with, let it come through! The magnetus is starting to pour out of my nose by now.

I have been trying to follow up on searching for a material in roleplay that my character uncovered during the Mori'Quessir eventline, but thus far events pertaining to the acquisition of interesting materials or learning how to refine them are all but non-existent. Please, bring them back. +1

Yes please! I'm by no means an expert on how to develop a system that prevents hoarding and camping nodes, but I'd love to have funky st materials back.

Fairly certain the ST material nodes last map were heavily camped by a small group of people as you've said, and allot of the materials brought over from last map have still not be made or used for things. The implementation of giving lore materials out as a reward for people during events has only just begun I believe.

Hiding the location of the node does not matter once it is found, the length of a cooldown for the node is intended to slow the amount of material circulating to players not give time for other people to access it.

Seemingly lore materials have a 'rarity' which is basically summed up with its usefulness in combat like in most games, so that the more potent materials are very few and not particularly spread.

Certainly alchemy nodes are well implemented but I'm also quite sure that there are a few of those nodes which are also classed as 'rare' and are few and far between which are often taken on cooldown due to their usefulness in the potions people want for combat.

The change that I'd like to see and what I believe everyone should be wanting in particular is lore material nodes for things that are lower in popularity due to the disparity in strength it has in combat, so players can have an easier time and introduction into lore materials themselves and have the benefit of being able to interact with it on their character.

Additionally, perhaps give the current system time. I don't think the current system puts such a heavy burden on the most populated team, and I'd hazard a guess that giving out lore materials for events is likely as simple as asking Squak or looking at a list.

My real suggestion is to just flood the 'market' so every crp encounter every character has an arsenal of boomsteel to smack eachother with :)

+1 I agree. Only real practical way people are getting them is just blood magic summoning. Excited to see what Bobbox has cooking for this matter

prob would need a plugin cuz that last system was very easily exploitable 

let’s not pretend the absence of st nodes has ruined “mining rp”. material nodes had players acting insane for rocks. they’re gonna be handed out through events and we'll see how that goes. there’s plenty of materials on this map right now, players just don’t like sharing.

4 hours ago, DrakeHaze. said:

The change that I'd like to see and what I believe everyone should be wanting in particular is lore material nodes for things that are lower in popularity due to the disparity in strength it has in combat

these already exist

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XB1Ps1EblBvkSr3DZFYdZcBudokhcIBaRHfboLeHz4A/edit#gid=482270967  (look in open materials in the world lore tab)

-1 it was a bad system that was easily exploited by sweaty individuals.

+1 I'm not wasting 5 hours of my time just to get power-gamed by an ST and told to suck it afterwards. Open up or expand on ST ores. Make them obtainable by some esoteric mechanics. If people chimp out over ores like last map, let them. At least it gives them some purpose to be on here.

Almost every encounter with an ST node I’ve had ended with pvp by some bandit group who wished to hoard the ST minerals for lackluster roleplay. Until a proper fix around can be made, this system should not return within the foreseeable future.