11 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

- The Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska (human)

- The Kingdom of Norland (Human)

- The Kingdom of Balian (Human)

- The Kingdom of Numendil (Human)

- The Kingdom of Aaun (Human)

- The Commonwealth of the Petra (Human)

- The League of Veletz (Human)

- The Grand Principality of Aeltarys (Human)

- The Principality of Stassion (Human)

- The Viceroyalty of Hyspia (Human)

4 minutes ago, ferdaboy said:

twenty ..........three nations

i think the issue is that people are to a degree unwilling to give up pro / autonomy etc. It would be nice if there was some kind of supra-national polity people could belong to. Perhaps an.. empire..

3-4 human nations (canonist, noncanonist, farfolk, extra)  1 orc nation  1 dwarf nation 2-3 elf nations (for each subtype but dark elves aren't always active) 1 halfling nation & sutica (an everyone nation)

obviously vassals should exist within for smaller groups

Very good post, hope admin team can take a look at it.

14 minutes ago, Narthok said:

i think the issue is that people are to a degree unwilling to give up pro / autonomy etc. It would be nice if there was some kind of supra-national polity people could belong to. Perhaps an.. empire..

Unfortunately, this unwillingness comes from the various idiosyncrasies of the entire PRO 'system' compounded by years of rogue interpretations and misguided precedents set by the admins - most of which arose from the powers that be not interpreting rules as written. It is absolutely an issue - but to fix it the whole system needs to be totally reworked. There should be a lot more appetite for that than there currently is!

In terms of the original point of this topic, it is absolutely way too easy to get a 'realm' and the negative consequences on the server are pretty evident. 23-24 nations is woefully too many, and the idea that this 'realm inflation' hasn't led to massive RP decentralization is laughable. The bar for realm status needs to be raised and preferably the more inactive half of the 23-24 purged from that status entirely.

I would love for conquest to be a more organic way to do this, but it should probably be liberalized further. Otherwise, there should be substantial incentives from the staff to encourage 'start-up' realms to do their projects in existing nations, embedded in their systems, as well as to encourage existing microstates (that make the 'cut') to unify with their neighbors. 

Edited by Esterlen

4 minutes ago, Esterlen said:

Unfortunately, this unwillingness comes from the various idiosyncrasies of the entire PRO 'system' compounded by years of rogue interpretations and misguided precedents set by the admins - most of which arose from the powers that be not interpreting rules as written. It is absolutely an issue - but to fix it the whole system needs to be totally reworked. There should be a lot more appetite for that than there currently is!

In terms of the original point of this topic, it is absolutely way too easy to get a 'realm' and the negative consequences on the server are pretty evident. 23-24 nations is woefully too many, and the idea that this 'realm inflation' hasn't led to massive RP decentralization is laughable. The bar for realm status needs to be raised and preferably the more inactive half of the 23-24 purged from that status entirely.

I would love for conquest to be a more organic way to do this, but it should probably be liberalized further. Otherwise, there should be substantial incentives from the staff to encourage 'start-up' realms to do their projects in existing nations, embedded in their systems. 

bi-annual esterlen post incoming 

in all seriousness listen to what this guy's saying

A common reason for NLs refusing to create significant vassals and activity centered in the city (thereby preventing the natural growth of other settlements/niches, which usually lead to them making a nation for themselves) is fear of an internal rebellion. I wonder if allowing an NL to evict a region that's 3 months old or less without the inhabitants of that tile being able to rebel would incentivize the settling and incorporation of some of these groups.

22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I got you 

I made this while very sick and on like. 8 billion painkillers

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ESH3Y2sQRB6Mm35LUJZebA4p2eL4Z_jfRadVoq02yqo/edit?usp=sharing

Based and true

not once have i seen any activity from Gotrek (other than me killing a dude r.i.p Rylanor) , or the GOT targaryan larpers.
Ill give Ravenmire a small pass because they are a solely new nation. But again, it and Lurin are practically 1:1. Theyre both sutica ripoffs.

Hyspia and Balian i 100% agree should join together. Hyspia's current build itself is not fit for a 'realm', more of a 'lair', its activity matching its very small build.
Vortice? Why does Vortice still exist. Geniuine question? Like i am surprised it survived last map with activity checks, shit was dead for 2/3 of the map, and its dead to this day.
Norland? Norland should IMO die, but its community is so tight that it'd be impossible. (people who only rp in Norland, and only with Norlanders, constant vc)

This war has generated way more RP than before the war. The raids have actually forced people to log on into their small nations lmao.

oh and, there should be bigger consequences for conquest.

We must form the empire of aevos and put aeldin to the sword inshallah who shall receive enlightenment next

There's some great things in being a vassal and having your group being apart of a community greater than itself and the world building you can accomplish with it, something folks seem to lack appreciation for. It's way more comfy being a vassal with your homies.