Marusya Sarkozic outwardly cusses, least to the four walls of her room. The aide questions if her sudden uptick of letters sent out is for naught with all the adults and 'leaders' holding grudges for far too long. The teen had not known peace in her time, though still made a weaponless fight for it.

Ulfric paced the confines of his old home in Urguan, feeling healthy and refreshed whilst reading the daily missives delivered to him.

"Duke o' Adria, yeh attempt es mos' honorable." He'd say to himself, continuously moving around his home, "But too late et'd seem. Too many loives 'ave been lost, too many battles had. Teh Covenant, an' teh League both 'ave tasted blood an' tested steel too maneh toimes now. T'is es ah war machine t'at es too big teh come to a stop now, as you can seh." He'd sigh, going to sit.

"Whether et beh t'ose seekin' teh construct t'eir own Empire from yeh lands, t'ose seekin' vengeance an' revenge or simpleh teh beh rid ov any mention ov yeh nation be it Veletz er Adrian... Well, o'I onleh wish yeh luck wit' w'at comes next." He'd then stand, making his way to his dented and bruised set of armor given to him back when he was King.

"Makin' sacrifices teh save yeh nation es somethin' o'I know all too well, an' o'I do nae wish teh same upon yeh."

Ulfric would then move to sit back down, clearing his old desk of dust before writing exactly that which he just spoke to himself, before folding it and sending it on its way towards the capital of Adria. @Nooblius

Marc Galbraith would be wandering around the royal library of Portoregne, in the Kingdom of Balian, when a courier appeared before him to inform him of the most recent news of the realm.

After paying the courier his salary, he would unroll the parchment that contained the missive issued by the Covenant and would read it carefully.

Later on, he would start penning a letter addressed to the Duke of Adria, Markus of the House Sarkozic (@Nooblius):

"To His Grace the Duke of Adria,

I hope this letter finds you well,

I would like to humbly give you my opinion or advice on the current international situation in case it would be of any assistance to you.

However, first of all, let me be clear; I am a mere historian, I hold no titles and command no armies.

That said, I would like to make the following assertions regarding the current war your nation is facing: I am pleased to see that the Duke of Adria condemns the heinous crimes perpetrated by the Veletzian regime. However, the question remains unanswered: how does the Covenant know for certain that this time the Duke's intentions are pure? Certainly, Adria's reconciliation with the Holy Mother Church is an important step forward, but I think that if the Duke wishes for secular peace he should appear before the Covenant and accept their judgement. I genuinely believe that such resolution is the only way to end this bloodshed. Lastly, in order to facilitate the dialogue and the negotiation of peace terms, I would recommend the Duke to seek the mediation of His Holiness the High Pontiff.

As for the reason of this letter, all I can say is that I wish to live in a world where all the sons of Horen are united in peace and prosperity, regardless of their origin.

I feel inspired by the example of our Prophet, the Exalted Godfrey of the House Horen, founder of the first Holy Empire of Oren.

My motivation resides solely in the example set forth by our Exalted Prophets and in my devotion to our Almighty God, and while I find legitimate for a canonist to seek justice I prefer peace over war when such blood is avoidable.

May God help you in your noble task of purifying the Midlands.

Sincerely,

Marc Galbraith

Imperial Historian"

Lady Angelina hums-and-hahs to herself as she flicks through the missive, truly unsure how to feel about any of this. All she can hope for is any prolonging of the war came from true necessity, and there'd be no more bloodshed for bloodshed's sake. She was tired of all this.

Hali adds this missive to his collection. “Some good news out of all  this. The Crow King has resolve and may the creator ensure he keeps it.

Edited by Crymson

The Crow Knight scowled at the call for peace.  So many times it had been ignored, left to rot in the cold, dead hands of innocents.  They even had the audacity to help see a man assassinated.  In his youth, he may have hoped for the end of this violence.  When Veronica was still alive, he would have prayed for Mankind's unity.  But the Veletzians, Adrians, whatever they wished to call themselves... they were not Men.

They were animals.

"Let GODAN judge them in the afterlife; our job is to see the heads of these monsters severed for their crimes," he spat.

"They came for Balian and we pushed them back. They told us to change our ways, we said no. They said to renounce the name Novellen. We stood strong." he'd shake his head, "I guess after all the losses they ran out of plays in their playbook, if they're returning to this old trick." laughed the Priest Belisarios.

Patriarch Josef inspected a fresh batch of cannons as they were delivered from the gunsmith.

"These better not have been a waste of money."

Carlo received word the decree from one of his servants, quickly shooing them away. "Hm..." He pondered, pacing back and forth in his study as he formulated his thoughts. "These Veletzians- wait... They are Adrian again?" He shook his head, "It matters little, they were Adrian to begin with, then they rebranded under this Veletz name. The people remain the same. They may switch the bandages which cover the wound, but either way the wound remains... and it must be sealed."

Henrik Amador works the Brotherhood forge in silence. Still, his thoughts veer towards his sister - his cousin - his wife, and how often he has clasped her hand and murmured a soft promise before riding to war beneath her father's banner.

He drags a whetstone across a steel edge and, as always, prepares to follow orders.

"I remember when this same Duke of Adria, among others, fought a death war against my people with the basis of false claims." Hannes Steelguard signed the lorraine with a deep sigh, whilst he looked to the small town waving red banners in construction upon the shores of krugmar. "How the tables do turn."

Ensign Alfred Napier looked upon his campaign desk with two papers upon it.

'The Reconciliation of Adria'

'Should Dawn Come'

The days, the weeks, the months - the years - had been long. Too long. So many miles was he from the soft sands, and warm breezes of his homeland, he could scarce remember the feelings he had spent so many years growing with. He was not with his family, his wife, his daughters. He had missed an anniversary, a birthday. Yet even in this, he thought, he was fortunate.

Fortunate!

How fortunate he was to have only missed one. How many in this campaign of destruction would return home to shades and ghosts? How many burning candles of Canondom were snuffed out forever, but to remain in anguished memory? What complete sorrow had encompassed the lands, to damn and destroy so much in so little time and space! His task had been to establish the civil society and reconstruction of the occupied Marchlands. The wraiths of starving peasants, the grotesque deformities and wounds, the shells of those survivors - what had been godly, or just? The lines of corpses, stacked like timbers, laid to a discomforting rest beneath the shallow ground had no glory, no heroism, no song.

He breathed deeply, his eyes closing, letting a thousand images of crisis and sorrow flash through his mind. He then picked up his pen, and wrote,

To Markus Sarkozic the Man,

Your actions and letters have espoused the lofty and noble goals of peace, reconciliation, restoration, and renewal. Gone is Veletz. Anew is Adria. The sun has set, and now it is risen. You pray that the battles are over, and all may return to peace and prosperity. This is an evil sophistry, and I accuse you of it as its chief propagator. By ignorance or malice, you forget yourself. 'Duke' Sarkozic. You are a man, born equal in faculty and soul with the lowest peasant of your realm. Despite all the advantages your society has provided you, what have you done? What do you still continue to do? You wreak havoc and violence, inherent to your position. Peace! Peace for whom? Peace for you, and your kin. Will there be peace for the child missing their father? Will there be peace for the legless, the armless? The blind, the insane? We so easily claim peace as a passive force - it is a state of existence, the absence of war. Is the war so absent in the burnt field? Is the campaign so long vanished with the craters, the ruins? Is violence banished from your realm, so long as the forces which threw such wretched evil into the world still sit, unchanged?

No.

It is your essence, your station, your purpose and place, that was the fault of this conflict. Our God is one of mercy, our faith promulgates forgiveness. You must be forgiven, and provided mercy. The violence inherent in your claim - that you would separate rational men, born equal and free, into noble and chattel, that you would claim due cause for violence for the matter of petty rule, and that you would impress so many unwilling souls into death and murder for a cause in which they had no stake or purpose. All men are rational beings, and all men are born equal. Thus; your choices are owned by you alone - and will be found wanting in this life, and the next. May man and God have mercy upon your soul, for the cries of the slain, the famished, the broken and maimed shall not.

You, and all your kin in the shared station of the nobility of Adria, if just, honest, and of true virtue, must abdicate yourselves in entirety, and seek repentance and peace in such a way that the free will of man will never again be so disturbingly sullied. May you cultivate your garden, and let other men cultivate theirs.

Should you fail this, and turn to bitter solitude and violence - your bones shall be picked by crows for their sport, and then and only then, will true peace reign.

Sincerely, Alfred Napier - A Fellow of Reason.

Ser Audo Weiss gave a chuff at the missive. Adria, Veletz - what was the difference in a name? "Evil merely twists and hides its outer appearance. Little beneath that can change." He raised his gaze outward over the walls of Veletz. War had never changed - an endless void of loss, and death, and pain - yet, this was he desired to continue to march out of a personal need - retirement be damned.

An unnamed soldier glances out from behind the rickety cabin door, eyes scanning the treeline. 

"Can you see them? How many more are there?" Comes a terrified whisper from the back of the room, one of his many shuddering comrades muttering from behind clenched teeth.

"I don't know Andrei, there is a whole GOD damned army out there." The grizzled man spat back in a low, hushed tone. Inbetween the trees, over the river and across from the encampment he could see them. Tens of men, marching in lines, ordered, disciplined, swirling with hatred and rage.

"Peace? Is this what they call peace?"

Charles, the young Crown Prince of Aaun, stood on the balcony, tapping his fingers on the marble balustrade. The Alstion closed his eyes as the fresh air blew straight into his face. Charlie had been born in a time of war - he didn't know what peace was, he didn't know what security was. Nevertheless, the boy remained hopeful that the conflict would soon abate and those who slaughtered Edmund and Heinrich will be vanquished "This is what my royal father wants. Soon it will be over, with or without the summit's success..." He muttered, thinking of all those who gave their lives for the cause