[Your View] Combat Lock

Spoopy_Duck

What should we do about combat lock?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about combat lock looking forward.

• Keep the rule as is
    • Keep it with an extended timer
    • Remove the rule entirely

30 minutes should be the longest the lock lasts and even then I think 15 minutes is relatively reasonable

Sure, a guard rolling up into a fight and doing nothing doesn't make sense but at the same time a small fight shouldn't last in rp time multiple days or whatever with how irl time is converted to irp.

If a bell is rung and guards don't show up within a certain period of time that's just how it is there shouldn't be a whole 30 minute wait for them to get ready before joining combat.

I personally think 15 minutes is reasonable but some changes could be made besides blatantly extending the cap. I doubt this would be implemented but for cities and settlements with bells why not make it so once crp is locked a bell may be rung once with proper emotes and such that gives that location a bit extra time to rally and then join that combat? 

This ‘invisible’ CRP dominates a space that would otherwise be viable for other roleplay, sometimes for multiple hours at a time.

If CRP is locked in my city’s square, other players cannot use or interact with that area until the fighting stops. They can either sit and spectate or go someplace else.

This is the most glaring issue with this new system, that simply extending the timer won’t fix.

a279c30fd5d2a4627d77d3ea48806b53.jpg

atleast get rid of the part where im not allowed to even see that something happened directly infront of me.

7d38b5ff49e9f2962bbfcd350124dbd6.png

keep the lock outside of cities but remove it in cities, you address both side's concerns this way.

I get the argument that starting a fight in a city should mean you should allow guards to join. However I have raided cities and have been raided and the rp can go on for hours. What would've been a 5v8 (still a losing battle) could become a 5v20 after a few hours assuming there is no meta rally. I suppose extending the timer to something like 30 minutes isn't the worst idea I think the current rule is just fine.

Extend or remove the timer when cities are involved. If a fight is taking place inside the walls of a city or within eyesight of a town gate it seems silly to me that locals wouldn't be able to help just because of a 15-minuet timer.

1 hour ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

For all comments mentioning specifics like capitals I would like to avoid that for two reasons.

What defines a capital? The build or the region, both are flawed.
Capital regions are not drawn to the city usually are just big boxes that sometimes can be way bigger
Capital builds is inconsistent as well what about the places like halflings who don't use walls what gauges in and out of the capital city

Having that be up to mod discretion is way better then the rp shithousery it is now

Enforce a PK clause on people entering CRP after the lock and remove the separate time dimension, can't watch bubble fiasco if thats still the case.

2 hours ago, sam33497 said:

30 minutes and metarally = 1 week ban

If people metarally in a big enough group there is no bans

just remove the lock inside cities. it makes no sense for people to be able to kill someone in the square in broad daylight without being noticed while 20 people surround you

BUT CRP LOCK!!!

probably the most bubblewrap rule for spooks and villains since lairs were created (darkspawn groups based around attacking and corrupting/disguising themselves from humanity get to completely isolate themselves from humanity)

extend the timer and remove it when within cities. also remove bell cooldown (sorry boss, I can't ring the bell for another 20 minutes, my arms are tired), and remove the command of the bell notifying people on discord so that it becomes a purely in-game function (some ppl will still metagame but it'll at least stem some of the flow) and also punish ppl who ping in discords 'zomg? bells gone off? raiders are here? log on and defend..' because thats ooc bullshittery of the highest order

9 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

StaggeredemoteentryintoCRPisthekingofthissosomeonecanpotentiallykillandrunifthereinforcementsdon’tarrive

Yeah some kinda staggered CRP entry would be good tbh, maybe break it down further into, immediate entry timer, staggered entry timer, and no entry timer? 💁‍♂️ and remove the stupid invisible RP stuff.

10 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Staggered emote entry into CRP is the king of this so someone can potentially kill and run if the reinforcements don’t arrive

Honestly more of this, I've once had to deal with people essentially teleporting underground into the bottom room of a burrow. throwing knives at me while I was still writing my follow up emote when the other person screamed.

hi i like it when my enemies dont metarally to 10v1 me. keep as is thanks