Allow beastmen to be played without a CA

Diogen

1 minute ago, Turbo_Dog said:

While this would be nice I feel having a CA adds a little bit of a barrier to the community that is both good and bad for the same reason.

It keeps out lazy and bad players from picking up the CA, but with the use of AI these same players can get in still with relative ease. For transformation based CAs I can see this issue coming up less as they are approved and let in by a community of players. But this is about beast-men and I think just anyone being able to apply and sign basically a contract saying to roleplay to the best of their ability is a great thing, not only because everyone when joining said they’d adhere to server roleplay standards but because a creature application reinforces it as well with the do you understand you are responsible for your roleplay section and you will have consequences if you are caught breaking them.

But this also discourages good players who want to pick up the CA along with the communities who promote them. It adds the application as an obstacle that confuses plenty. I mean why are musin in the transformed category? It makes no sense.

It is the same obstacle for all players who want to have a CA, same process, same lore.

i think its a bit nonsensical to have people summarize the lore of a race and 'sign a contract' that they will be upholding CA-level RP when they just wanna roleplay a cute musin working in a bakery, it should be left exclusively for things that NEED that level of high quality RP due to the give and take required and the many pages of lore to be understood before playing it

but a walking cat? it should be treated on the same level as other normal races

I think either the way CA's for races like Musin, Kha and Hou-zi need a remake or something because a lot of it makes no sense or puts people off. I'll admit the Musin CA's are nice because I can see that there's another Musin player being played 

9 minutes ago, Diogen said:

i think its a bit nonsensical to have people summarize the lore of a race and 'sign a contract' that they will be upholding CA-level RP when they just wanna roleplay a cute musin working in a bakery, it should be left exclusively for things that NEED that level of high quality RP due to the give and take required and the many pages of lore to be understood before playing it

but a walking cat? it should be treated on the same level as other normal races

I see what you mean there, but musin and kha and other beast races can take those high level of quality RP avenues too and thus the signing of that little section. Maybe not to the degree one would expect a Lich or some other endgame CA to act but still high level avenues can be taken

6 minutes ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

agree for musin and hou-zi but we must keep kha locked or the furries will be back in force

valid

30 minutes ago, Zolla_ said:
  Hide contents

to limit meme rp, even with CA alot of people that play ologs and kha's do, just imagine how bad it'll be if it was not locked behind a CA

yeah we should lock humans and elves behind a CA too to prevent this

wait don't we do that with the application you have to do to join the server..?

9 minutes ago, Turbo_Dog said:

I see what you mean there, but musin and kha and other beast races can take those high level of quality RP avenues too and thus the signing of that little section. Maybe not to the degree one would expect a Lich or some other endgame CA to act but still high level avenues can be taken

still not valid to warrant a CA, there are gonna be good and bad actors everywhere, even people who make a CA. but locking them behind something that will sabotage activity is not healthy

49 minutes ago, Zolla_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

to limit meme rp, even with CA alot of people that play ologs and kha's do, just imagine how bad it'll be if it was not locked behind a CA

What’s the difference between meme rp on a non CA char and a CA char like musin or kha? People just want to have fun and not every character needs to be serious all the time

I regard CA's for characters like these to be a better form of documentation for ST, and to ensure the player is well-equipped to even RP the character.  I've written a musin CA before and it honestly wasn't too difficult, ST just want to be assured you've got an understanding of the lore before letting you RP the niche.  Musin, Kha, and Ologs aren't as basic/straightforward as the regular Descendants races--which is something a new player on the server is required to start out with, before they explore with applications to magics and CA's.

Opening up the lore entirely can actually be a risk for increased low-tier RP, because now there is no obstacle blocking it.  Some Musin have advantages with their smaller sizes compared to descendants, same with Ologs having broken strength.  "don't punish the collective then" can be a counter to this, but there have been actual cases in the past where lore has been shelved due to an increase of awful RP surrounding it.

13 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

I regard CA's for characters like these to be a better form of documentation for ST, and to ensure the player is well-equipped to even RP the character.  I've written a musin CA before and it honestly wasn't too difficult, ST just want to be assured you've got an understanding of the lore before letting you RP the niche.  Musin, Kha, and Ologs aren't as basic/straightforward as the regular Descendants races--which is something a new player on the server is required to start out with, before they explore with applications to magics and CA's.

Opening up the lore entirely can actually be a risk for increased low-tier RP, because now there is no obstacle blocking it.  Some Musin have advantages with their smaller sizes compared to descendants, same with Ologs having broken strength.  "don't punish the collective then" can be a counter to this, but there have been actual cases in the past where lore has been shelved due to an increase of awful RP surrounding it.

due to how simple their lore is, they can be written up as a CA by really anyone, even subpar and shitty RPers, and there are many cases of that. the reason i'm against an application wall being put to to these races is due to how useless it is seeing how they really dont get shit for benefits, drawbacks and insane lore size to memorize that puts them on the level of an actual CA

making it a hindrance for people to play these beast races then complaining that theyre not that active is not the way to go

you kinda need an understanding to play ANY race in general. you need to know orcs are just much stronger than anyone else and go in rage, that humans live for much less than other people, that elves live practically forever and are infertile, etc

also yea olog should remain CA but they arent really beastmen so doesnt matter in this post

Earlier, even as the writer of Musin, I would've originally disagreed with this - I think people needed to be controlled so we didn't have a lot of really really weird furry rpers. However, now after playing and seeing them exist for so long -

Yea, really, just make them free. The CA barrier is SO easy to pass by and and all it does is moreso inconvenience players. No one gets denied for the CA ever and no one will be denied for the CA ever. All the CA does is make it so noobs have to wait before making a character they ACTUALLY care about.

As well, they don't even have magic. They're unarguably less powerful than every other race. Ologs need a CA because they can crush people with their ******* thumb. Musin, and hou have really no reason for it. I mean, MAYBE the Musin ability to go through 1-block tall gaps easier but EVERY race can do that now.

Honestly even if they had the ability to use magic and were 'on par' with other races (as Kha are at the moment) I don't think they'd need to be locked behind a CA, still.

1 hour ago, Blue Bear said:

What about Epiphytes? I'm pretty sure I am the only person who plays one right now :(

Epiphytes need a CA because they DO have some pretty big mechanics I think and are a permutation of a previous being, something that needs to be documented by ST

Let me play a wonk wizard or so help me. . .

2 hours ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

agree for musin and hou-zi but we must keep kha locked or the furries will be back in force

as a person who played kha for a long while and co-lead them, yes. you are right.

we've dealt with so many people wanting catgirl girlfriends :I its gross

so few people cared for kharajyr lore and instead just wanted to larp as "cute kittens" :I

kha are cursed

14 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

as a person who played kha for a long while and co-lead them, yes. you are right.

we've dealt with so many people wanting catgirl girlfriends :I its gross

so few people cared for kharajyr lore and instead just wanted to larp as "cute kittens" :I

kha are cursed

people will do it regardless of CA or not, as we've seen kha were always CA yet still so many furries wanting them. nothing will stop their dedication
just bully them out of it