WRIT OF THE WHITE COMET: THE CAT & THE CURSED

"Looks a bit like a crow." Mused a reclusive woman, eyes scanning the missive, the icon having caught her eye, "He's lost his subtlety."

"It was never subtle." Remarked her companion, her prisoner, her power.

"I like this man." Was all the Prison had to say in return.

Arthur sighs as he reads the missive. Another name to the list, as pondered on how to best use the Void to sentence Sermi, Laelia, and Aaren to the same fate as Iblees.

"Ehhh? They actually put all the pieces together?" A rotted visage regarded the missive. "How un-ordinary."

The undead archmage Az'rekash stretched out in its place of rest, cackling to itself.

"Will you manage to win, Sarryn? Or will Yera outlast your assault? I am so excited to see the result that I would not dare interfere."

"It will be a great showing of ingenuity and strength either way. I shall congratulate you if you manage to destroy all my allies-in-life, even after you managed to destroy me. Let us see if the church poses any threat to you or not, or if this will remain a battle of wits."

Alas, the wall was not Sarryn.

Dietrich gave the missive a quick read, only one name stood out to him with the rest meaning very little,

"Someone's awfully popular."

He shook his head; a small chuckle escaped the blond as he set the missive aside to begin writing a letter.

Somehow the late Elia Eryka convinced her beloved daughter to sit before her, digits parting ebony locks as to twist them together into long braids. An action done throughout her childhood. "All is in the hands of their rage." She uttered, though one name in particular boiled her blood with great fury. Aaren Colborn. A boy who was spoiled in his youth, brought up in life with love, and regarded as her son once. Should she not be confined to the heavens by death, she would've burned, burned with the very same flame that caused Amaya's martyrdom. And more importantly, they got the missive wrong.

Aaren was no Colborn. He was not even worthy of the surname Black. 

Spoiler

On 3/21/2024 at 6:15 PM, DahStalker said:

Somehow the late Elia Eryka convinced her beloved daughter to sit before her, digits parting ebony locks as to twist them together into long braids. An action done throughout her childhood. "All is in the hands of their rage." She uttered, though one name in particular boiled her blood with great fury. Aaren Colborn. A boy who was spoiled in his youth, brought up in life with love, and regarded as her son once. Should she not be confined to the heavens by death, she would've burned, burned with the very same flame that caused Amaya's martyrdom. And more importantly, they got the missive wrong.

Aaren was no Colborn. He was not even worthy of the surname Black. 

Reveal hidden contents

“The holy flame of justice shall soon burn,” uttered the late Queen.

AAREN GODRIC COLBORN...

..lofted his palm, and puffs a cigarette.

"It's beyond me why she trusted them so much..."

Uttered an elven woman, staring out to vast ocean ahead.

"Even after their blessings, she was still foolish enough to take them in."

She slouched back, and enjoyed a cup of tea as she remained out of the spotlight still.

Despite only being a mere eleven years old, Esfir Artemisia, granddaughter of the great Amaya, felt a new drive; one that contrasted her usual carefree nature. "One day..." The girl vowed as she cradled the necklace her grandmother had gifted her, "One day Ea will be able to make Hauchmamej proud.... Ea will protect people like she protected mea.."

Those names were read by pale blue eyes- the Wayward Shaman's tan complexion made white from shock. 

The missive fluttered out from those ringed fingers- shaking. Fragile. She thought to herself. . .

"Just how many times must I be used, until I finally understand. . ."

Within the depth of her home, a blind cleric sits quietly as she listens to a old friend read off the most recent missives. There was little reaction from the Mali'ame, all until a certain name caused her to startle. A gasp escaped her lips, causing her hand to move to her mouth. It had been so long since she had seen herWhen was the last time she had even sent a letter to her or sought her out? Her thoughts disrupted by a clearing of the throat.

"Is something wrong, Delmira?"

"I fear I have failed someone without realizing. Even now, if I act.. I fear they are too far into the darkness to be found."

"Will that stop you from trying?"

"... Nein. All darkness must have a light somewhere."