The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

So I see. well your not treated differently, and if your as accomplished as you say, you will most likely fly to the top with ease.

MC Name: freema5

Why do you want to join?: Why I want to join OoC-wise, is I have to say its pretty hard to get some good rp as a freelance thief and being a part of a "legit" guild that would bring more enjoyable and much more neat then fumbling over "what should I do next" deals of RP. RP-wise the guild shares mostly the same motives/ beliefs Freema shares and he needs a bigger goal then what he already has.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?: I believe I can bring to the table a exciting bright new thief that still needs to learn most of the values to thievery. I only think he can enrich RP for others and myself then hinder it.

What do you think are vital in RP?:(I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) I believe a vital component to RP is the way its executed. You need to be neat, and realistic. Show what /physical/ things are going on. Never mix OoC into RP or Meta. Also PvP should stay out of RP big time because it can lead into fights.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

[Character Questions]

RP name: Freema Grenedad

Biography:

Long behold four long years have passed in Freema Grenedad’s insignificant life in Aegis. Ever since he had lost his family and banished from his home to only stumble upon Al'Khazar. His early years in Al’Khazar’s busy market place bursting full with people, he had acquired countless petty jobs from collecting wood, to killing vermin on the street, and handing out fliers to shoppers at stores. What a life in Aegis he has had so far. No home to go to, he toils all day to simply survive.As the days rolled on, Freema grew an urn for excitement. After his third year in Al’Khazar’s demanding shopping district as a petty helper, all he wanted was action in his life. One day he met an interesting man at a pub outside the city gates after breaking off from his regular work schedule. They both shared the same sight on life, their opinions and life styles were oddly close related. As they grew closer, his friend would tell him “Cheer up mate, do good in what you love and things will become better for you sooner or later”. Carmine Holstead was his name, he was a beloved work hand of many shops and noted to his pool of contacts of Freema’s attentiveness to work and detail.Soon Freema assimilated time into his busy working life to visit his friend at the pub every week and hopefully gain some hope in the future by his intriguing speech craft. Little by little some of Carmine's "contacts" called upon Freema which was rather odd, asking him to deliver letters back and forth threw cites and towns.The payment was great and the jobs were much more easy and less labor inducing then his old small payed shop jobs. It also gave Freema a chance to meet new people and races and learn the certain ways they had spoke or acted. Soon making enough money, to run a stable life that just isn't to well off but just okay.It has been a year and a half since Freema he had met Carmine who had greatly taught him some tricks in speaking, hiding, even how to wield a sword. It seemed odd how Carmine had started teaching him all of these peculiar skills that had "nothing" to do with second hand work. Soon Freema pieces it together about Carmine, he questions him on what he really was. Carmine being in the position he is now with Freema had no problem in stating who he really was, a thief. Not complaining at what his friend's real occupation was but a bit confused, he wondered why someone can fall into such a low. Why he found interest in him? Carmine being the way he was with the cunning ability in speech to control people with simple words or just analyzing there behavior and interests was able to use Freema's weaknesses to turn him. Carmine soon made it his goal to make Freema what he was, not for evil but because he knows its the only real thing he has asked for his whole life and maybe a opportunity to help himself as well. Freema had lived in the dirt, being stepped down on every day of his existence from what he was told by Freema and had seen. He was a thief and was able to tell if he had the "ability" to pull off a thief, and with his guidance maybe he could actually better himself in the field, maybe be future partners. Carmine leaves off telling his friend to meet him the next fort-night at there same meeting place they had shared and he'll teach him all that is needed to be know to start a whole new life "the one he had always urn for. Luckily Freema was not so against his pals secret life, all he could feel was why does he have interest in him, could becoming a criminal actually prove better then what he does already? Wasn't this the chance he was waiting for to begin a life of excitement? Carmines stands grinning as he watches his friend stroll into the pub's backroom speaking two words. "I'm ready." Carmine was happy to see his friend and was now ready to form him into the model thief. He would set up things with Freema creating little distractions at local shops and pubs making few Minas on money left at the register or swiping a few drinks in the heat of a frustrated Southerner that just lost his wallet to teach him a few things to start off. With every scenario Freema had enjoyed it all, always coming out rich, which was exactly what he needed.Seems Carmine had little by little turned Freema into his pupil, in what once was sought as bad to Freema changed into a everyday lifestyle. Freema was young and foolish in his eyes he felt this was all but for the better. He assimilated into the life more and more with Carmine's words and friendship making Freema become something he wouldn't believe.... A thief. Looking back, he was always noted that thieves are cruel, chaotic people, that thrive off others displeasure and wealth. He soon accepted the fact, making Minas the legal way was getting him no where and that if he followed a sort of righteous way in being a thief maybe he could survive. His choice returning to the pub to meet his friend had really started something though, but is this going to really lead for the better or for the worse?

Personality: He's very crafty and innovative at times, usually able to grasp a problem and work around it. Freema is a man who adheres to "his ethics". He believes thieves could still be "good men". Aims to stay out of fighting, he isn't the best but he isn't a stranger either to most situations involving fights. Noticeably more friendlier but doesn't know how to control his mouth. He can be treacherous, but survives mostly by using wit and negotiation rather than weapons or force, preferring to flee most dangerous situations and fight only when necessary. He is fond of making other friends in the trade, and usually looks forward to a much more larger image on life.

Motives: Freema has never been in a well off state with money so he tends to take any opportunity that involves him making Minas. He hasn't been in the field of thievery for quite some time so he would want to learn as much as he can to gain a better understanding of the skill. He has had no point in his life except to be stepped on by higher society and toil in his failure of a life, he felt chained to it, he does what he can to escape that and live more excitedly.

Aspirations: He aspires for a well off life, in his eyes that is a life of a thief. He wants to prove to the world he can be a "good thief" at the same time of being successful. He knows following in what he believes in is what he will enjoy already coming to love thievery as a sport, and that's what counts to him.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?: If I was able to, I would cause a scene run to the guards, excitedly telling them the foreigner is stealing. In the commotion of them trying to arrest/interrogate him, I would pocket some of the jewelry and slip away with some loot calmly down the street.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Farborough, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?: Set a fire either a safe one that just looks scary, or actually set the other side of the house on fire. In their drunken state, they'll panic and run about and try to put it out and it will take time most likely giving me plenty of space to sneak into the now abandoned room from the hole in the roof and take the scroll.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?: If i'm not sure i'm strong enough; I would hide among the trees, toss a potion of Weakness at him, rush out, grab the bag, run into the woods and hide. I'd never look for prey on unfamiliar land, and since I know the forest well i'll surely be able to hide from any pursuers.

[Questions]

MC Name: CamouFranky

Why do you want to join?: To become a thief and then assassin for the guild and to have a rich RP experience into Aegis 2.0.0

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?: Definetly. I already provide the community with my halfling RP charm.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc): Actions that are made through * are very important because some attacks aren't actual Minecraft attacks.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific

circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?: I understand.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Lorem_Sacarius

Biography: Small time thief that aspires to become an Assassin.

Personality: Quick-Thinking, stubborn, not intimidated by anyone.

Motives: Luxury, religious belief

Aspirations: to become a skilled assassin and to be rich

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewelry, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?: The most smartest move to make is to buy some armor weapons. When he leaves, you take your money and hide the jewelry in your jacket/armor holes. I then escape casually, without having to ruin my new equipment with fecal matter and bad smell.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?: Walking through acting drunk, I would come through the front door with an empty mug in hand. I would give a war story or two and say to everyone "I gotta throw this ale away." So I would put the scroll in the empty mug, acting drunk, and walk out casually.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?:I would hide in the travelers group and walk with them toward the man. When we got close, I was take the bag and run away. Suppose he chased me, I would drop a smoke bomb and run away.

^ Under consideration ^

(Please check your PMs)

No villain app? How do these people get on the server?

Ok it seems that a lot of people want to be an Assasin (myself included)

Im starting to think that their should be a price to being an Assasin (aswell as it being an extremely hard rank to acheive). I cant really think of anything right now, but there should be a negative to becoming and assasin.

As a representative of the Dark Brotherhood, I'd like to make a deal with the Thieves Guild. Could the leader or second in command pm me on the forums?

[Questions]

MC Name: Jtheo2016

Why do you want to join? Money, power, and protection from others within the guild.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? Robbing, killing, and creating conflict between players. It's what I'm here for :D.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Emotes are vital. If you don't use emotes, many of your actions may appear hazy or unclear. Also, the person being robbed must also be a good sport. People who run before I (The Faceless Man) even mention my name are meta gamers, which is ridiculously boring and frustrating for me. Also, despite my love of RP fights, I must say MC fighting is a little bit more exciting for me. However, should I have to choose between RP and MC for the comfort of another player I would pick RP so they don't feel cheated or TOO frustrated.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yes.

[Character Questions]

RP name: The Faceless Man, Redbain, or Jhaquen Q'Har. (Jhaq favored among friends and allies. Faceless among victims)

Biography:

(The Faceless Man walks into your office and tosses down a book)

Week 1:

My doctor reccomended I write a journal in an attempt to preserve my sanity, based upon what has already happend to most of the crew. To anyone reading this, I should explain. First off, I have had 16 name days, and my name is Redbain. I am the cabin boy on the Life Giver, owned by Captain Faren. Although, I am beginning to find the irony in the name of our ship. Every week, another man goes missing, only to appear the day after they have gone missing. After another week has passed, the man dissapears again, this time for good. The process then begins all over again. Men are beginnng to get a crazed look in my eyes, which is why my doctor is trying to help me. May Aeriel save our souls.

Week 2:

Many on board would say I am greedy or have a lust for power, I would call it ambition. I hate my job as cabin boy, as my own hope is to some day become the captain of my own ship. I fear this dream may never be realized as my family is poor, thus my job as a cabin boy. Still, a man without dreams is not a man at all. This week, it was the poor cook that went missing, which is scary for all of us, as now, we may not get cooked food until our next docking which is yet another month away in Galahar. I already miss my pork. On other news, the Captain is beginning to get the crazed look in his eyes which has me worried if we will have a Captain at all two weeks from now.

Week 3:

The cook is gone for good apparently, and now our meals consist of nothing but dried, salted pork which has been sitting in our main hold for weeks and some stale moldy bread that we discovered in one of the barrels. Surprisingly enough, I met a new sailor today, god knows where we got him from as we have been at sea for a few weeks now. Perhaps I just haven't noticed him before. His name is Jhaqun'Qhar. He's a mean looking fellow with a crooked nose and a missing ear. He said he has much to teach me in the next two weeks. Why it's only two weeks, I don't know as we will finally port in another four. All I can do is sit and wait.

Week 4:

Jhaq, has he has told me to call him, is teaching me a weird sort of magic. I want to report him to the captain, but I cannot as I am curious with the magic he is teaching. He calls is "Valar Maguro." He says next week he will show me it in action. Until then, he said not to repeat these words when alone with one person. I'll do what he says for now, but my curiosity may get the better of me. This week, it was the first mate, Ricardo, who went missing. Aeriel help his soul. I better get back to practicing the "spells" Jhaq taught me.

Week 5: They're dead! They're all dead! Today I ventured down into the hold of the ship searching for an orange and I opened a door. There were so many bodies in there! I saw Ricardo and the Cook in there! Scarier yet, when I went back on deck, Ricardo waved to me, the very same man I had just seen dead. Today, I am going to ask Jhaq what is going on.

(Later on that same day)

He killed everyone! It was Jhaq, using his odd magic! He showed me! He can change his face with only one finger. I have seen him turn into the cook and into Ricardo. Jhaq is a faceless man! He taught me his abilities! I must kill him, if not, Galahar is in trouble. But if I do, I will be seen as a murderer to all those in Galahar. I will play this by year, and hopefully all will turn out well...

((Application as it appeared on VA. If you want another biography, could you please specify which one? As in is it about how I heard of the guild or how I was introduced into the guild? My best bet is this biography is not good as it already appears in my VA but I do not understand what other one I would put up. Sorry! -Jtheo2016))

Personality: Evil yet strangely noble at times, always keeping his word when it comes to "Minas or death." Also, many would call the Faceless Man crazy, but he only acts so in order to establish fear in the heart of the victim. The Faceless Man likes to create plans for large heists and robberies yet can turn into a coward should he be injured. However, as he is very hard to kill ((permanently)), the Faceless Man will often "suicide" should he be captured, regardless of what he has on his person.

Motives: The Faceless Man craves power and money. He recognizes that money and power are connected, and in turn is connected to fear. The Faceless Man wants to become a house hold name, a story told by parents to their children to get them to listen. The Faceless Man wants his name to inflict fear in the hearts of all who hear it. However, the Faceless Man also keeps a social life, going by the name Redbain Adelban and, to his closer friends who know him fully, Jhaquen Q'Har.

Aspirations: Redbain/Jhaq wants nothing more than to rise to a rank in which he is untouchable, forever safe. On another note, Jhaq wants to buy his own ship someday, at which time he will sail away from Aegis where he shall die a sailor, just as he began one. However, as a link to his past, Jhaq has a specific name reserved for his ship. Just as Captain Faren had the Life Giver, Jhaq will have the Life Taker, on which he shall live abroad and take on the life of a pirate.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

((Spoken in role play as if being questioned by an elder)) Easy. *giggles*. There is a deserted stand, what else should I do but burn it? *giggles*. As the guards, once guarding the sewers, run to put out the beautiful spitting flames, I shall hold my dagger to the fat pig's... I mean merchant's belly. I will tell him to empty his pockets and hand over his rich clothes. As soon as the Guards are within minutes of extinguishing the flames of wealth, *giggles at his play on words*, I will simply walk into the sewer. But, as I go, I shall drag the merchant with me. As I am a master of Valar Maguro, I will simply steal his personality and face and walk away from the situation, unbothered and significantly richer. *giggles*.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

Old drunken warriors you say? You make this too easy Mister Upright! *smiles at his complex yet brilliant plan*. First step, manipulate my voice to that of a young maiden. As they are drunk, it should not be too hard to convince one of them to come out. The second one leaves, I hit him over the head with a brick I had concealed in my uniform. *giggles, thinking of the mess created*. I then take off his clothes and don them over mine. As usual, I steal his face and enter again, this time with the face, voice, and clothes as the man they had seen earlier. I tell them I am going to my room in the tavern, at which time I steal the scroll and sneak out through the hole in the roof. *giggles, admiring his own plan*. As they are drunk, they will remember nothing. The man whose clothes and face I stole will return to normal, every day life, not suspecting anything except an odd, crazy night of drinking.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Simple enough. The old man is asleep and apparently, based on the dagger, not too happy. So I play this to the on coming travelers emotions. Quickly, I wake him up, as he will be pointing his dagger at me. He has been woken just before the travelers make a quarter mile distance from us. I lie and cheat involving asking him not to rob me and to give me back my bags, only once the travelers are in ear shot. He is confused, but I convince the travelers that he is the liar, playing dumb to avoid arrest. The travelers do the rest for me. They draw their swords, dropping what they have, and chase him. Now, I not only have the Old Man's items, but those of the travelers. Since every able bodied man will be chasing him, I will have no trouble taking what I want. *giggles again*. I love my job.

After failing to set this up myself a while ago, I could well see my 2.0 character in this guild. Not only ooc do I see it as a amazing idea, and would LOVE to be a part of it, I think that it will provide rich RP for anyone in it, and give a good feel to the new world. Expect my app soon.

((I have a quick question, who was the man wearing a mask in Alras in the tale of this guild? Also I'm popping into say that this is a very well made group. I look forward to seeing it flourish.))

((I have a quick question, who was the man wearing a mask in Alras in the tale of this guild? Also I'm popping into say that this is a very well made group. I look forward to seeing it flourish.))

((IC the guild is not formed yet, but 4 members of Aegis with similar ideals did form a get together and pulled a major heist not long ago and stole a priceless painting from the kings vault.))