The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

((I want my 2.0 thieves tavern! I grow weary of these 'moral' folk))

((We were all hooded, though i was the only one with a mask, so it was most likely me you speak of :P ))

(( Oh, haha. I only know two people in Alras that did that. Redskye and I, so I had a shocked face for a second there. Anyway, I love the tales of the guild and its RP.))

[Questions]

MC Name: Voidsoldier

Why do you want to join?

I want to join because it will offer a sound enviorment to meet like minded people. It will also provide me and others great rp, and afford me the luxury of having someone to be around, at most times. Aside from this, I once tried to start one of these, although it indeed failed after gather 5 or so members. I am ashamed that I could not have mine succeed, and want to redeem myself by becoming a active member of this guild.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

I will provide the guild and LOTC with great rp because I play a original character. Furthermore I play a pathological lier, who also has a need to steal. This presents interesting rp because he is constantly battling in his head. He would make a good con artist for the guild

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

Emotes, detailed fun emotes. I love when I or someone else types out 3 lines of emote to thoroughly describe something. I also hate powergaming, and in that category, rolling. I do not like to roll, and only do when forced. I hate troll's whom antagonize in ooc, and powergamers. I feel to be a good rper you need to know your character.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Yes, I understand this perfectly.

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Sylver, The_Fox

Biography:

((Straight from my accepted VA, this is his entire life, and I have much more, but this is the general view.))

Sylver was born into a noble family, of dark elves. This family of dark elves had succeeded from Laurelin, and had since lived in Oren. They were not high nobility, but were a proud people, whom treated everyone fairly. When Sylver was born, all seemed normal, he was a normal kid, with flowing white hair, and seemed to be a normal elf. He got along well with his brothers and sisters, and never seemed to cause trouble, just a shy elf.

When Sylver turned 8, he discovered the art of lying. He realized from a early age that if he lied, he could get things he wanted, just bend the truth a little. He did this often, quite often in fact, and was favored among his parents, because they never knew of his lies. His brothers and sisters quickly realized he was a sly little devil, and soon despised him, but despite all of them trying, they could not convince their parents. On the outside he seemed normal, but on the inside, he was a pathological lying thief, you could say he was born a lier.

By the age of twelve he had already convinced his parents to train him in the ways of the blade, 3 years earlier than his siblings, of which he was the youngest. "Mami, papi, can you pwease train me to wield da blade you keep on da fireplace" He would talk as a child, despite his growing age. He quickly showed adept skill at swordsmanship, better than those of his brothers, and even father at his age. In these years, he learned how to wield a blade, and what life was like.

He didn't start stealing until 15, and when he did he started small. A few minas from his brothers, and knife from his father, a vase to sell, a petty thief if you will, but in these years, his mind woke up to the thrill of stealing, and he soon realized, he needed to do it. He soon escalated, stealing from houses around him, a bow, food, some iron, and he realized he was profiting off it. But he got sloppy.

After three years of stealing, he was 18, and it was soon known who was the town thief. "Hey did you hear, apparently some elf named Sylver has been stealing" spread the kids around school, and town, before it came to attention of the guards. Soon they were at his house, demanding for him to be banished, when his father heard, he immediately was ashamed. All those years he thought he was raising a good elf, yet he turned out to be a lying thief. Sylver vacated town that day.

He seeked refuge in a band of traveling bandits. They weren't nothing serious, just a bunch of men and woman trying to stay alive by robbing people. They were a rowdy, violent group, housing orcs, elves, dwarves, and humans, a group of 10 bandits roaming Aegis. Many of the times he joined in with their banditry, but soon he grew tired of their violence, and lack of elegance. It disgusted him, they had no grace or manners, they were just plain bandits. He soon fled from there as well, seeking to make a stake for himself in the world of Aegis.

During these next years, after leaving the bandit group, he lived on his own. In the day time he feigned to be a dock worker, a immigrant whom did not speak the common tongue, it was all a act. He would pretend to work in the day time, locking down local targets such as the wealthy. In these years he created his thief persona, a near alternate identity, in which he calls "The fox". During heists he would wear a mask, as he robbed the person blind, not only to avoid detection, but also to strike fear to those around him, and to make rumors.

After these years Sylver and "The fox" persona merged, and since he has been even more of a pathological lying thief, although at times he will still wear his mask of old.

Sylver, a gentleman, a business man, a lier, a thief, and at times a murderer.

Personality:

Sylver is a pathological lier, that much you must know. He lies because he has a need to, he not only enjoys it, but gets off on it, and he is oh so good at it. A lie is worth 1000 excuses is his code, and he'll be damned if he hasn't mastered it. Aside from that, he loves "Things" Little things, big things, expensive things the most though. He enjoys the thrill of robbing someone blind, of opening just the right chest and getting loot, to hi, it is a game. He would lie to cover his arse any day of the week.

Motives:

Sylver's motives aren't entirely clear, although ti sum it up, he wants physical wealth. He cares little for literature, unless it is worth money, and does not seek infinite power from magic, in a word, he is simple. You give him what he wants, what he NEEDS, and you will live. Although Sylver is not a murderer, he has no moral straps, and would kill if needed. Robbery gone wrong? A kill is usually best, if not run like hell and hope to live.

Aspirations:

Sylver aims to be a gentle man one day. A "High class roller" if you will, smoking leaves from the trees of Malinor, that is what he wants, to sit around a fire place in his dream home, with the other 6 wealthiest people in the world. Sylver is a business man, Sylver is a con man.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

After looking around carefully, Sylver would begin marking his target. This would consist of taking mental notes of his target. A gold blade to his side, blind in his left eye according to the eyepatch, minas pouch tied to the belt. Easy prey. He would duck into a alley and button on his face mask, leaving only his red eyes and white hair to be seen. He would swoop in silently, staying to the left of the target, but just before bumping into him, he would reach in barely to his minas pouch, and pull maybe 15-20 coins out, a small take but it adds up. He would expertly mask this action with a "accidental" bump, "I am SO sorry sir, I did not mean to do that" he would happily smile, but speak with utter sadness, "ashamed" he bumped into him. "Listen, to show my condolences, let me tell you something, this shop sells bad goods. Its weapons break, and its jewels are fake, trust me here. Ill stay in contact with you, because I have REAL goods, for better prices!" He would not only have taken 20 minas, but also made a possible contact for the future, to scam.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

Slowly, Sylver would open the door, noticing it to be locked the only option left would be the roof. Elegantly and stealth fully climbing the building, he would reach the top in seconds, with a large smile. He would button up his mask, and remove the loose roofing carefully, making a hole big enough to squeeze through. He would drop down silently and open the chest, avoiding detection. He would get the scroll and put it in his inside pocket, but with his bad luck the chest would slam shut, alarming the drunkards. "Huh? WHA BE DIS... hick" They would shout as they turned, grabbing their axes and swords and stumbling towards him. "****" he would say as he would shoulder ram the weak door open, sprinting away from the stumbling drunkards, with ease due to their hang over.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Seeing the minas bag to the left of him, he would squeal with joy, but not loudly. He would get his own identical looking one, and remove most of the minas, only enough to weigh it down. He would put a tired expression on his face, and tiredly walk over, slumping down on the mans left side he would strike a conversation " I am wiped" he would say, distracting the man as his right hand grabs the mans bag, and replaces it with his own. Once this was done, he would get up with a second breath, "Got places to be mate, see ya around" he would say as he disappears into the wilderness.

Things to discuss...like where we are... ... In our relationship! Because I LOVE YOU!

Things to discuss...like where we are... ... In our relationship! Because I LOVE YOU!

Wow Elindor, I never saw it coming you would make THAT reference.

Accepted, please get Skype and add "Archmage_Cataris" we have a few things to discuss

I thank you for this chance. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I look forward to working with you and the others! <3

Edit: Also I am terribly sorry for getting here so late. I have been on the forums, but was zoned out lol, never saw it XD.

HolyRane and Jtheo2016 still need to get Skype, please get it and add "Archmage_Cataris" ASAP, it is a huge help to the guild and we will be 1000x thankful