How To Avoid Making A Mary Sue / Gary Stu

Urahra

Gary Stu here, but it was more through character development. I just didn't start out like that.

Phew, apparently Im not a Stu! icon_razz.gif

All of his bad traits balance out the good ones! XD

I took the other one, got thirty two... It's not my fault that Petyr is the second most powerful druid alive!

There's really a difference between just having powers 'cause you're so special and working to become powerful, I think.

Like I said, Litmus tests are not always completely accurate. They even admit to that themselves.

i scored a 12

11-20 points: The Non-Sue. Your character is a well-developed, balanced person, and is almost certainly not a Mary Sue. Congratulations!

Thank you for writing up this very important guide. I hope it helps many users when developing their characters.

Look at my signature!

This is what I was trying to say the whole time, thanks for the guide. You are a true roleplayer. Anyways...

I hate people with names like: Druid_Ravenheart, Archamage_Staff, Assassin_Nico, Kalwik_Dragonheart, White, Storm, Dusk... etc.

These names are way too mary sue. I think that everyone should only have first, middle, and last names. Only kings and lords should have their occupation in their names. I hate people who are putting professions in their names.

I got a 3 on this test and 14 on another.

Both say I'm not a MS! :D Awesome.

Come on man, your name is Flower_Goblin. That's so not a RP name. Liar!

Thank you for writing up this very important guide. I hope it helps many users when developing their characters.

Thank YOU for your kind words, Availer!

True, but he's a walking plot device. That's not bad, it's just his role in Aegis.

True, but he's a walking plot device. That's not bad, it's just his role in Aegis.

I lol'd at this XD

Ugly orc is funneh :3 <3

If my character was close to anything, I would reckon a Commander Sue, but at the same time he does have debilitating flaws that I havent seen any character in Aegis really figure out. I mean, when I started my character, he was pretty hazy in combat, but at this current age, he has gotten wise in terms of military strategy, I do lead the Teutonic Order :P :lol:

I don't like calling them Commander Sue's I prefer to call them Mary Tzu's but meh

Sun Tzu, not Mary Tzu :P

By the way, Urara, can I freely post this on forum posts that I feel need be read by 'certain' people?