Promote Freedom Of Roleplay

Cyndikate

I gotta agree. But I still think lore mod's should be around to maintain and fit everything to make sense if such is necessary. 

The PvP Default system is considered bad RP regulation? Because all I see it do is PROMOTE bad RP, not discourage it.

I fully support what you are saying.

If it's ICly, then it's not a big deal. Deal with it ICly.

A phrase is coming to mind involving kettles and pots.

The problem is that most staff members are obviously corrupt and BIAS and will DENY lore from people they don't like ((Me included))

This statement is based on?

Lore is denied for many, many reasons, often due to overwhelming negative community response. Never out of personal dislike though.

Only to find that you get picky LMs voting on whether or not the lore should be put on the server.

That incorrectly assumes the community response on these threads isn't taken into account.

Point is, rather then needing lore, deal whit it IN RP.

Let's be honest, in practice it isn't "deal with it in RP," because when someone's making a load of powergamed nonsense up as they go along and amping it up and up the closer they get to losing (and believe me this happens) you can't deal with it in RP because RP is collaborative, and if one person is concerned only with personal advancement and enjoyment RP breaks down. You can't force someone to stop powergaming with RP.

It's "deal with it with PvP," which is really not ideal. PvP ends up not as a combat system but a sword based veto for RP.

Currently we have freedom of RP with a few basic restrictions to keep things sane. You very rarely need to write lore unless you're trying to do something very outlandish needing approval or trying to power yourself up.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. You have enough freedom to do what you want within the confines of the theme of the server lore. It's not exactly unreasonable that we ask you stay to the theme of the server...

A phrase is coming to mind involving kettles and pots.

This statement is based on?

Lore is denied for many, many reasons, often due to overwhelming negative community response. Never out of personal dislike though.

That incorrectly assumes the community response on these threads isn't taken into account.

Let's be honest, in practice it isn't "deal with it in RP," because when someone's making a load of powergamed nonsense up as they go along and amping it up and up the closer they get to losing (and believe me this happens) you can't deal with it in RP because RP is collaborative, and if one person is concerned only with personal advancement and enjoyment RP breaks down. You can't force someone to stop powergaming with RP.

It's "deal with it with PvP," which is really not ideal. PvP ends up not as a combat system but a sword based veto for RP.

Currently we have freedom of RP with a few basic restrictions to keep things sane. You very rarely need to write lore unless you're trying to do something very outlandish needing approval or trying to power yourself up.

Lore gets denied even when the playerbase supports it.

Even if your elf's new features are completely aesthetic and not competitive in any way, such as cat ears and tail, or something weird to add to your elf, then you still need lore for it. If you came up with some random curse that makes your elf crazy, then apparently you need lore.

But it does not get implemented in the face of overwhelming opposition.

If you came up with some random curse that makes your elf crazy, then apparently you need lore.

You don't need lore to be insane. Where did you get that idea? You'd need lore to force other players to be insane against their will  (and we wouldn't implement that anyway without good cause), but RPing a crazed character? Of course you wouldn't need lore for that.

Even if your elf's new features are completely aesthetic and not competitive in any way, such as cat ears and tail, or something weird to add to your elf, then you still need lore for it.

cat ears and tail

Just... why?

Want to create your own type of silly fart magic? Write lore.

I GOT MENTIONED!

But I dont necesarilly agree with this. Writing lore gives players incentive and a way to organize and improve upon their ideas instead of plays nine tailed fox people. And like wtf, cat ears!? Sorry that lotc cant satisfy your cat fetishes.

Even if your elf's new features are completely aesthetic and not competitive in any way, such as cat ears and tail, or something weird to add to your elf, then you still need lore for it. If you came up with some random curse that makes your elf crazy, then apparently you need lore.

It is unlikely that the average player will ever amass sufficient support to get lore approved. 

You'd be surprised. However, even large amounts of popular support can be overridden if there's a genuine problem.

Think of it like lucky charms. You will have a few marshmellows, but those marshmellows always have a defined set of looks. The cereal grain part of it however is always unique even if they taste normal. Instead of making a brand new marshmellows make a new cereal shape. It's normal but in SLIGHT ways it's unique. It doesn't have cat ears or fox tails.

Edit: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112738-lore-smell-evocation-aka-fart-magic/?view=getnewpost

LotC never was a democracy. Player support doesn't mean it should be accepted. Cool ideas on paper often work poorly in actual roleplay situations, becoming either quickly exhausted or just causing general upset with people on the receiving end. The Lore Team's job isn't to look at what the players think is a good concept and then implement lore based on that, because they can and are often wrong. The LT's job is to discern if the lore is necessary, fits the theme, won't become boring to roleplay as and with after a few instances, and is balanced in roleplay situations.

LotC never was a democracy. Player support doesn't mean it should be accepted. Cool ideas on paper often work poorly in actual roleplay situations, becoming either quickly exhausted or just causing general upset with people on the receiving end. The Lore Team's job isn't to look at what the players think is a good concept and then implement lore based on that, because they can and are often wrong. The LT's job is to discern if the lore is necessary, fits the theme, won't become boring to roleplay as and with after a few instances, and is balanced in roleplay situations.

Exactly this; I mean, look at the Kharajyr and how well that turned out.

Nigeria does not back your cause.

Lago has been hitting the nail on the head, pretty much. I mean, let's look at this another way. Let's say there were no humans, and the rest of the races had several different kinds of animal features and magic wasn't a thing. If that were the norm, you would need lore for human wizards with no animal features.

A lot of people want the server to look a different way, me included. Some people want more steam-punk. Some people want Dragon Age, others the Witcher. Some people want anime. There's a lot of wants. To use a really simple example, I could say the server should be red, while another person says it should be green, when in fact the server is blue.

I'm beginning to think your recent apology for how you acted when your Spider Lore got denied is a lie... You're doing the exact same things you did before you apologized.