The Official Lore Team Stance On Aeldin

People can't just stroll through the Schism willy-nilly, it's a guarded holy path and a relic guarded by both halves of Aeldin. Setherien couldn't use the Schism as a means to cross into Aos because he just wouldn't know about it. 

If it was such a difficult path that a Drakaar would be put off from walking it, then why would people be using it whenever they wanted to?

Also it's pretty obvious to any old Descendant when a mass exodus occurs to somewhere, never mind a creature that descends from those that are kings of knowledge. Why can all the Descendants manage to know about Aeldin and how to get there, and yet a Drakaar can not?

The reason the Schism lore was denied was because of the premise of it, at least that's the reason why I was against it. It was an inter-dimensional portal-type thing that could be travelled through whenever you felt like the hike on a large scale, purely for the sake of allowing a few characters to be able to have a neat backstory or a place to claim their characters go when they're off the server for a while. Other people's lore has been denied for quite a bit less than that, and just because you're a good writer doesn't mean that your lore is better.  

Whether the LT says that getting to Aeldin is impossible in OOC or not, you can still claim you went to wherever the hell you want in RP, and no-one can claim to be omniscient in RP. Your backstories aren't null because most of your characters are Anthosian-era, your RP isn't affected because what we say in OOC has no effect on what you can say in RP.

No need to emulate Baltimore, chill out.

But it does change what you can do, given you can't actually go to Aeldin. Your character, can, however, be deluded and have some inability which makes him think he was there.

It's just a refrigerator, I don't understand the big issue! Let people put their characters on ice there! C'mon!

The lack of willingness to even attempt to find a solution or workaround seems to me to demonstrate a distinct lack of creativity, willingness to be open to ideas,and caring on behalf of LT which is very disappointing. There are a hundred easy non-powergame and non-lore breaking solutions possible if some thought is put into it, and a little bit of effort to work together with some of Aeldin's experts, like Gunnerdude.

All the players are asking is that some effort or attempt be put forth by the Lore Team to make this work, because while not beholden to do so, that is what a team that listens to and cares about the players in the community it serves does. That is what a team or staff group that cares about what the players want does. I'm not saying everything players want to do is acceptable; but this is such a paltry thing that is so insignificant when you think about it in the bigger picture, but so important to so many players. You're approaching it as if its a threat, as if it's a big issue, but its really not. Its as simple as working with people like Steve and Thomas and Gunnerdude and saying "look here's some possible solutions like,what if the people of Aeldin fled their land when we fled Anthos? What if they settled a new continent?what if ____?"

Because right now you're saying everyone who was on Aeldin couldn't flee the plane of Anthos and are all deceased and a good portion of Orenic people are insane or not real.

Other people's lore has been denied for quite a bit less than that, and just because you're a good writer doesn't mean that your lore is better.  

Yet, there is lore that has been accepted that has far less effort put into it than what Swgr put into this. This point is moot.

Are you serious? Just... just get out. Did you really just make a comparison to a serious problem out in the states, compared to a forum squabble? Has anyone died on these forums yet over this? Has anyone burned down houses, severely injured the team, or even just destroy the server? Just, come on man.

I think you need to chill after that comment.

If it was such a difficult path that a Drakaar would be put off from walking it, then why would people be using it whenever they wanted to?

Also it's pretty obvious to any old Descendant when a mass exodus occurs to somewhere, never mind a creature that descends from those that are kings of knowledge. Why can all the Descendants manage to know about Aeldin and how to get there, and yet a Drakaar can not?

The reason the Schism lore was denied was because of the premise of it, at least that's the reason why I was against it. It was an inter-dimensional portal-type thing that could be travelled through whenever you felt like the hike on a large scale, purely for the sake of allowing a few characters to be able to have a neat backstory or a place to claim their characters go when they're off the server for a while. Other people's lore has been denied for quite a bit less than that, and just because you're a good writer doesn't mean that your lore is better.  

Whether the LT says that getting to Aeldin is impossible in OOC or not, you can still claim you went to wherever the hell you want in RP, and no-one can claim to be omniscient in RP. Your backstories aren't null because most of your characters are Anthosian-era, your RP isn't affected because what we say in OOC has no effect on what you can say in RP.

I said the Draakar did not need to know about Aeldin. Before the exodus, if I'm not mistaken, even Oren didn't know about Aeldin. Just because the Draakar is a Draakar doesn't mean he would know about all things, including Aeldin's anomalies. There was no public mention of Setherien scouring the whole of Eos or conveniently following the exodus vessels to Aeldin. Sure, higher dragonkin are supposed to hoard knowledge, but this is not an excuse to give them all geographical knowledge of another plane of existence and try to invalidate the efforts to make Aeldin as a legitimate geographical entity possible and "accessible".

Why is there such a focus on suggesting that characters are deluded now? Is there no weight to legitimate backstories, and that the better decision in this whole matter is to make half of the most powerful nation in the game out to be controlled and inhabited by the inate or the insane? That is not a good solution. It shatters development and gives a bitter taste OOC, because all the foreign stories and experiences that these apparently deluded characters share are now lies and thus meaningless.

If there's a problem with interdimensional pilgrimage paths then, again, I could have been contacted and worked with. Something equally as creative and much more fitting could have been devised.

Yet, there is lore that has been accepted that has far less effort put into it than what Swgr put into this. This point is moot.

Are you serious? Just... just get out. Did you really just make a comparison to a serious problem out in the states, compared to a forum squabble? Has anyone died on these forums yet over this? Has anyone burned down houses, severely injured the team, or even just destroy the server? Just, come on man.

I think you need to chill after that comment.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/125601-playable-race-wip-lycanthropy/

There's so much more there than Swgr's it's unreal, for example, not to say that Swgr didn't put any effort into his lore. Either way, effort does not a good lore make. 

And sorry if I offended you, was just a joke friend.

I said the Draakar did not need to know about Aeldin. Before the exodus, if I'm not mistaken, even Oren didn't know about Aeldin. Just because the Draakar is a Draakar doesn't mean he would know about all things, including Aeldin's anomalies. There was no public mention of Setherien scouring the whole of Eos or conveniently following the exodus vessels to Aeldin. Sure, higher dragonkin are supposed to hoard knowledge, but this is not an excuse to give them all geographical knowledge of another plane of existence and try to invalidate the efforts to make Aeldin as a legitimate geographical entity possible and "accessible".

My point was mostly just that if almost every descendant can know about Aeldin than it doesn't make sense that a Drakaar couldn't too. 

Are you kidding me? Why restrict it now? This is so dumb, and it won't be stopping any characters from visiting or comign from Aeldin

cLrrcEP.jpg

Nothing changes, not one bit. We used Aeldin w/o it being canon, we'll continue to use it. What's gonna happen? They can't ban us for it.

This, essentially.

Don't we have human characters who RP travelling to and from Aeldin when they need to take an OOC hiatus? What's the harm in just saying it telepoofed into our current plane? Or utilizing whatever Swgr wrote which was tl;dr for me (no offense).

This is a thing, and I'm not changing my character's current story arc just because the lore team decided to weigh in on something that the community has accepted for ages.

Besides, at what point does the continuity of our premium minecraft roleplay server outweigh our IRL convenience? Y'all need to keep our little storyline here in perspective; and stop taking it so seriously.

For reference: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/125583-a-bastards-journey/

Edit: As I read the thread, I feel like it's more a discussion about why the staff teams shouldn't just decide this **** without asking the community, and less about the legitimacy of Aeldin.

Is Aeldin still on an active , online server? Just for the sake of the argument.

are you going to contact the aeldin lore writers yet or are you going to continue to avoid the question?!?!

Contact us please. We don't even really know who wrote what lore and who just wants to add things to it, and so on. Anyone can add me in skype, it's Jistuma.

I'm probably going to be flamed despite me not taking sides in the matter, but here's my stance on this.

The concept of Aeldin shouldn't have been escalated to the point where LT have to act, and the LT should not have made a thread stating that Aeldin cannot be accessed at all. They did this in an attempt to appease the human playerbase but it ultimately failed.

I am not trying to invalidate the concept of existence of Aeldin. This is a perfect example of why the Lore team should stop acting like the roleplay police, stand down, and just let people just do whatever they want.

*Aeldin is no longer accessible.

*No one has been capable of traveling to or from Aeldin since crossing into Thales.

*No one has, or can, visit Aeldin since 3.75 (Thales) and this most certainly includes the entirety of 4.0.

You can't stop them from deciding their character has visited Aeldin, flew a plane and went back to Athera. And if they did, who the **** cares? Let the human players just do what they want with THEIR creations that have been a part of them for years. I can't imagine this as something that would infringe on other people's roleplaying experience, so why can't you allow them to do as they please?

My advice to the human players: Continue on as normal. Continue playing your characters as if Aeldin exists to your standards. Take a portal, fly a plane, ride a unicorn to Aeldin and back. The LT would be wasting their energy trying to stop you, because again, it's not hurting anyone.

Moroccan_Polm.jpg

Transportia, the newest drug craze for the nobles of Oren.

Used when a character has go inactive, this substance sends the person into a deep sleep for an undetermined amount of time. From there, they join the wonderful dream realm of 'Aeldin.' From there, they can interact with all the other people who are under the effects of Transportia, allowing a virtual reality to exist!