The Official Lore Team Stance On Aeldin

If there was an issue with Swgr's proposed lore then why did you not advise him of it and work on a solution to it on the thread rather than simply having it denied and locking the post? It was not something necessarily vital to the piece and I do think it could have been edited out, yet it was simply denied because of it? 

There is no way to make "dimension hopping" better. You can't dimension hop without really good lore reason, and when you do, you do it once. Not vacationing back and forth. That's sort of the beginning and the end of it.

Was Aedlin really the biggest lore issue the team wanted to tackle? It really does not seem like that big of a deal. It's a refrigerator for when people go on hiatus and don't want to perma kill their toons. Come on, there are more pressing issues in the lore, I'm sure, that could be handled. imo

There is no way to make "dimension hopping" better. You can't dimension hop without really good lore reason, and when you do, you do it once. Not vacationing back and forth. That's sort of the beginning and the end of it.

Simply put if portals get accepted **** will get real cray cray real fast. I really want us to start considering the fact if we allow portals to be made for no particular reason to Aeldin of all places then it has to have been accepted that its accessible from this location in Athera. Thus, the Empire of Khorvad was probably in Aeldin since we currently sit in their heartland, a lot of Asulon lore just hit a truck and a lot of other stuff happened where Aeldin was strangely not mentioned.

To be honest, given the location we are in now near Aegis with the north east and south west reachable through a good swim I don't see why we can't just accept that a new location is made or you guys just think of a new place to pocket your characters?

I mean, surely Aeldin was destroyed by Setherien too? 

Was Aedlin really the biggest lore issue the team wanted to tackle? It really does not seem like that big of a deal. It's a refrigerator for when people go on hiatus and don't want to perma kill their toons. Come on, there are more pressing issues in the lore, I'm sure, that could be handled. imo

Yeah, like refrigerators. Why don't we have them?

Also, when will planar magics be available to the ET, if it is not already? Do we have proper lore for it, since we have used it plenty of times?

Would be fun to have some form of dimension hopping for events.

I like to think of Angstom Levy, from the Invincible comics. He wanted to go to many dimensions, just to know where he was hopping to each time. 

*The boats of men whose course was known often found themselves sailing through an apocalyptic storm. Always the same weather. Always the same waters. Whether they knew it or not they began passing through a phenomenon. Though nothing quite like the abyss that bordered Athera. Perhaps related to the same cause but still shrouded in mystery. Over the years stories formed and mankind gave it a name. Dubbing it "The Veil." Curious adventurers and lost souls charted for this anomaly and eventually it came to be known that it connected the waters of one world to another, Aeldin. What is even more curious is that "The Veil" has had visitors breach it from the other side, many of those passing through "The Veil" may have never even known, especially due to the turbulent waters surrounding it. When the waters settled the drifting vessels found themselves in an entirely new place. What may be the pinnacle of mystery regarding "The Veil" is that it's location seems to shift or may at least be accessible due to supernatural means. Whether we discover the mystery of "The Veil" or not it does not stop many from trying.*

Why would something simple like this not work? I am a horrid writer but I don't think every single little thing needs to be explained. We don't know things in character like the creator and such, why can't Aeldin fit into that category?

Aeldin is multiracial, but the Human Race came more predominant following the events of the exodus. I don't really care, but it seems the LMT is just furthering the problem with this non-public lore (Excuse me if that's ignorant) that Aeldin doesn't match with. I've also seen no full cooperation with the actual Aeldin writers (stevie, vulc, maly, maybe me) to make something possible either. I appreciate that you've actually accepted it as a non-accessible continent. Be my guest to not allow people to travel there now, I understand the issues and trouble of that with the Eos and Aos worlds, as it could be an excuse to travel to other, past maps like 3.0.

Also, please don't keep going on about this 'Horen traveled there' point. Blame me for that mistake, it was sorted out months ago and shouldn't be continuously criticized for.

I really, REALLY fail to see the major issue here.

Does it give players an RP advantage? No.
Does it give players a mechanical advantage? No.
Does it will in / manifest a godly entity that would otherwise be considered nonexistent from an official perspective? No.
Does it come across as overly OP or unbalanced? No.

It has no major effect on anything beyond "Players go there to rest," and "Players come from there as inspiration for background."
Some time ago, if it held up with those loose standards, it really didn't need lore. What has changed since then?

Stuff's harmless. Just let it go as it offers no serious benefit and no one is claiming some heinous power from the location.

The LT knows that you guys weren't actually claiming Horen went there and that that was just Gunner's mistake, we put that clause there just in case anyone still thought that was being claimed to have happened.

Lore team. Why?

Just make a portal or something that allows access. What is the point of penalizing something that the players do off of LOTC? That is where back-stories, folklore and various other things. Do I need to write lore for how to travel? Because I will.

What are the cons of it? 

-It might mess up lore? If it is messing up anything then server lore overwrites Aeldin, duh. We don't see this happening though because Aeldin doesn't take into account what is happening in Athera because Aeldin is self-sustaining as it is.

-People bring things from Aeldin-- People always bring things from far off lands! Why tell a large portion of the playerbase to **** off because they got organized and are collectively taking from the same inspiration?

-Dimension travel -- Fantasy server. Repeat after me. Roleplay Fantasy Server. I do not see a problem with that. Really, does it matter if we have already been doing it all throughout lore anyways?

~~~

It gives RP freedom, something to RP when on OOC hiatus. The LM telling players they can't go to another land, no matter the name or how they got there, is disrespectful in my opinion. This isn't something so simple that should have been picked apart by the LMs.

EDIT: Also read this more sassy than angry. I personally have nothing to do with Aeldin. I would just like the LMs to work with the playerbase rather than dictating their enjoyment D: Just as all staff should.

EDIT2: When you are getting this "Jesus Christ!" response from me don't you know you kinda screwed the pooch? I hope so because it could have been so easy to find a solution rather than cause a problem.

Preach it Kitten.

Make Aeldin Accessible, one of my characters story arc makes Aeldin VERY IMPORTANT. But this is not just about me, I can think of about 20 people who have characters where Aeldin is a very important story arc

Not really angry at anything, just answering questions. I've even offered two alternatives for the problem this has caused.

As for Swrg's lore, I wouldn't see it being accepted. Not because of it connecting the worlds, but did you read it? It had people able to talk to past and future people that were traveling the same place for example.

The point of my lore being an easy solution hasn't been repeated for mindless banter. I will provide my rebuttal:

Not only do I think my work was not properly evaluated, I think it was interpreted in an incorrect manner. I am well aware the LT takes submitted concepts and puts them in a negative light to reflect on the poor aspects they would bring first -- imbalances, stereotypes, retcons, inconvenient additions, etcetera. That's fine, too; that's part of the job. But I feel you took it, and you applied it to too many possibilities. I didn't write in the idea of a open cosmic passage so characters can say they strolled through a holy valley and met the first kings of Aeldin, I wrote it for depth. The Primeval Schism isn't some mile-long pathway someone just decides to walk along one day - that's not how the lore was structured. In the lore, it is suggested that it is a feared force; that it was deemed holy because it is the only means of crossing not only into the other half of Aeldin from eas-to-west or likewise, but into another world. No one knows who made it. Nothing in the lore suggests who directly created it. The Schism is too poorly a fabrication to be considered some random Aengudaemon's creation; it's cosmic, otherworldly forces seem like a convenient, indepth accident, and I intentionally made it so it's actual origins could be interpreted.

And I do that, again, for depth. I add the fact that there were sighting of ancient kings and long-dead people walking around the Schism because it allows opportunity to develop folklore. If that lore was accepted, scholar characters could sail to Athera and publish theories on the intricacies of the Schism. The Schism could be an object of fascination and study, a trademark of a distant land that the settled Atherans would not be able to see for themselves, but marvel as they learned of it. Believe me - I don't want a bunch of Elven players to make an RP post on sailing to Aeldin to walk around in the Schism so they can meet a few dead Aeldinic saints or legendary knights. It's not hard to grasp here, and I have a strong feeling it was blown out of proportion.

If there's was problem with the fact it is a "portal", then why didn't you contact me about it? Why wasn't there a LM that came to me, suggesting some guidelines to assure there are distinct aspects between what would normally be considered portals and the Schism's own unique characteristics? There's too much "what if", and it made folk mad. No one cares about "what if people could logically just stroll between worlds" or "Setherien could have just used Aeldin instead of the Fringe", because these things don't apply properly anyway. People can't just stroll through the Schism willy-nilly, it's a guarded holy path and a relic guarded by both halves of Aeldin. Setherien couldn't use the Schism as a means to cross into Aos because he just wouldn't know about it. Why would he need to know about it? He never bothered Aeldin before, I doubt he would have cared about whatever's on the big rock let alone know that it existed. Point being, this is what contact is useful for. There could be rules set up to keep things stable and prevent people from sailing back and forth between Aeldin and the main lands of Aos, just like the ones you have now - except less restricting and suppressive of roleplay.

This would have been fixed with cooperation and contact, but I didn't even see any notion of the latter and wouldn't expect the former to come anyway- that's just what I expect now, when I post my lore here. However, I could be wrong in my low expectations on cooperation and there could be easy reparations by contacting Aeldin's lore masters and trying to work out the iffy aspects in the Schism with us.

I think people are making a bigger deal than this should be.

I mean srsly gaiz.

I think people are making a bigger deal than this should be.

I mean srsly gaiz.

Because whether Aeldin becomes an accessible place or not, your role-play isn't affected in the slightest.