[Playable] Fjarriauga - The Deadly Frost Witches (Remastered Lore)

Urahra

Im not really saying it shouldn't be allowed. Because I think your lore is solid and the characters are very unique to the server. Its probably the only group on the server to really stand out at this point. But what I was asking is this -

What category of magic or sub-magi' do you put yourselves into?

That's my main concern and honestly the only concern.

They're on the magic list under dark magic. Frost witches still go through the magic app and teaching process. But the method of their creation means they are more like a monster with innate abilities than a mage or wizard practicing a magic.

The magic falls under both dark magic and 'deity' magic similar to shamanism. Their power comes from an unknown spirit or deity, and they manipulate the element of ice rather than evoking it, similar to elemental shamans or druids.

Im not really saying it shouldn't be allowed. Because I think your lore is solid and the characters are very unique to the server. Its probably the only group on the server to really stand out at this point. But what I was asking is this -

What category of magic or sub-magi' do you put yourselves into? 

That's my main concern and honestly the only concern. 

As for playing a dude frosty - 

The point I was trying to make was a similar complex to the frost witches in the way their complex is made up of and when they're hit they tend to splinter or shatter. Perhaps I can come up with my own idea but not in the form of ice per-say but use a similar concept of using sand or dirt. Would you be opposed to such a thing?

Frost Witches are listed under dark arts. I would say we're a unique blend of shamanism mixed with evocation if I had to pick a category besides "dark arts."

And...ugh. I'm sorry. People have asked us that sort of thing ever since I first published the lore. Of course you can create a sort of "rival faction" for Frosties if you want. I'm not gonna stop you.

But I am gonna roll my eyes pretty hard. It's not you. It's just that people have been shouting "Sun Warlocks" and "Sand Magi" at us literally since I published the lore. Kinda getting tired of that idea. :\

Frosty magic is a "Dark Art" 

Bruh, it says in the lore that they have to learn it. It's a magic only they can use, but they don't get it for free. They have to learn it from their witch mothers, and practice it. It's a curse. It's not a magic you can learn if you aren't cursed. And if you are cursed, you actually have to be taught how to use it. Because it's a curse and because of our spooky nature, Frost Witch magic is "Dark Arts" like I said above.

They're on the magic list under dark magic. Frost witches still go through the magic app and teaching process. But the method of their creation means they are more like a monster with innate abilities than a mage or wizard practicing a magic.

The magic falls under both dark magic and 'deity' magic similar to shamanism. Their power comes from an unknown spirit or deity, and they manipulate the element of ice rather than evoking it, similar to elemental shamans or druids.

Frost Witches are listed under dark arts. I would say we're a unique blend of shamanism mixed with evocation if I had to pick a category besides "dark arts."

And...ugh. I'm sorry. People have asked us that sort of thing ever since I first published the lore. Of course you can create a sort of "rival faction" for Frosties if you want. I'm not gonna stop you.

But I am gonna roll my eyes pretty hard. It's not you. It's just that people have been shouting "Sun Warlocks" and "Sand Magi" at us literally since I published the lore. Kinda getting tired of that idea. :\

Those were the answers I was looking for. I did not see it located under dark arts. 

I honestly dont really care too much if a male version gets created or not but I am saying that I would enjoy such a thing. I just do not wish to roll a female character due to my personal preference. 

You guys can roll your eyes and things, not a problem. Just meg kinda came off a little harsh it seemed. All's good. 

Cool lore. I wish you guys would hang out around the main area's more so I could RP with them. I never see you guys. Only one I have seen has been xZaebos' character rolling around Ker'nor.

Those were the answers I was looking for. I did not see it located under dark arts.

I honestly dont really care too much if a male version gets created or not but I am saying that I would enjoy such a thing. I just do not wish to roll a female character due to my personal preference.

You guys can roll your eyes and things, not a problem. Just meg kinda came off a little harsh it seemed. All's good.

Cool lore. I wish you guys would hang out around the main area's more so I could RP with them. I never see you guys. Only one I have seen has been xZaebos' character rolling around Ker'nor.

You might have seen more and just don't know it ;P

Sorry if she came off as harsh. You just have to understand that this lore is ooooooolllldddddd.

We've been dealing with these kinds of questions for a long time now. XD It does make us go "Ugh, not again."

I'm not opposed to someone making a male counterpart to the Frosties. Certainly, anyone who wants to try is free to do so! But the Frosties are gonna be an all-female group. 

I decided to make the Frosties female-only because I saw that most organizations on LOTC were pretty male-dominated. A lot of organizations in Oren are male-only. I felt having a few female-only factions would balance the ratio out.

I sell fish on the streets if you want to RP with me. If you'd like to be devoured, I can work that out too!

I sell fish on the streets if you want to RP with me. If you'd like to be devoured, I can work that out too!

Good luck with that. ;)

Yeah, I didn't mean to come off as harsh or anything, but those questions have been asked since the lore was proposed, and you just sorta feel like you're in a hamster wheel after a while. x-x

Yeah, I didn't mean to come off as harsh or anything, but those questions have been asked since the lore was proposed, and you just sorta feel like you're in a hamster wheel after a while. x-x

I understand. No harm done meg. You're still cool with me. 

But maybe I'll come up with something later on. I dont really want to copy you guys in any specific way other than have the ability to shape shift or even change appearance. Thats the real interesting part I would not mind trying to do. 

You guys are unique and dont let people take that from ya. Shut down other lores if they're being too intrusive onto your own or else you'll probably get buried. Stay frosty ;p

Why is it that they are purely female? The lore doesn't seem to touch upon that from what I could see.

Why is it that they are purely female? The lore doesn't seem to touch upon that from what I could see.

In the original lore, there's a story (not necessarily factual) that describes that the curse was created by some male figure, given to some female figure, due to circumstances in which her gender was relevant. Urara will probably say this in more detail, but basically there's a vague explanation for the source of the curse that kinda gives a potential reasoning.

Other than that, just because. It's sorta like dryads in that it only affects female characters just to be a female group. Nothing like balancing out a series of unnecessarily patriarchal groups and societies with a group that can literally only be female and eats you.

EDIT: I should probably have just left this to Urara to answer, so sorry if I spread any misinformation.

I did touch upon it and I'd advise a closer reading of the post. :) It's under "History." 

In summary, Ski's correct. The sort of "folklore origin" is that a powerful Winter God bestowed the curse upon a scorned woman. 

The Frosties were inspired by a lot of female-only demons and monsters, such as the Japanese Yuki-Onna, Greek Sirens, etc. So them being female-only is paying homage to that.

In summary, Ski's correct. The sort of "folklore origin" is that a powerful Winter God bestowed the curse upon a scorned woman. 

Score one for the vague and uncertain cyber king!