Moderation Staff Update Log - May

Fireheart

I will be on hiatus from the 2nd of June until the 10th. If you need assistance that I typically provide please contact either @Pun or @IZipZapManI

Moderation Staff Update Log - May 2019

2DM4ehb_93KMmitd3nSWZNOG4rYePTSPGMjc60ci

Introduction

Good morning and for those of you who are getting out of school for the summer or graduating, congratulations! This month we’ve seem a ramp up both in the sheer amount of tickets being submitted and also some complicated issues that have hit the community which include: Wars, indecisive moderation, and a general feeling of unfairness and toxicity that is harming the overall community. This is gonna be a focus of ours moving forward during the summer as we try to tackle these very complicated issues. You might have noticed that I didn’t include the header of “needing more moderators” at the top of the post since I wanted to really drive it here that we are in need of support and assistance. Providing feedback and giving opinions on how to fix issues as a community is always valued, but the day to day upkeep on the server is taxing, which is why I wanted to really encourage you that you should consider applying if you haven’t already or are on the fence about it.

New Changes

Something I have been working on the past month is some back-end quality of life changes. Most of this has to do with disciplinary actions. This is something I have talked on quite a bit, but several months ago we rolled out an internal system of keeping track of player infractions (bans + warnings) and keeping them within a general guideline framework. These guidelines on the punishment to hand down after a player’s third time of griefing vs their first time were and still are a guideline, or a suggestion, for the length. However, it is highly encouraged and instructed to moderators to follow this unless the situation is unique and outside of the scope of what the guidelines outline. This document and structure can be found on our information post and will now be public. As always you can approach a manager to get the list of your infractions. Specific infractions which is every single mark up until level 7 will be not be held against you after the mark is a year old. Meaning, for example, if you griefed a statue of a dragon back in 2017 it will not count against you in 2019 if you are caught griefing a farmhouse.

As a reminder there is a your view up relating to war rules. Please take a chance to give it a look over and provide your feedback. Recently a couple weeks ago I had a player approach me complaining about some of the rules and guidelines to heist. When I asked them if they saw the posts asking for feedback on it they said yes, but opted not to post on them since it didn’t affect them. While that might be true to you and wars you never know and we can not know if you don’t speak up. So please take a couple of minutes to read it over and post your thoughts!

As mentioned on Friday the forums are going through a revamp in some areas. I hope you all have been enjoying the extra “Thanks” reputation button as we continue to live test it. Awhile ago some might remember the rework of “Appeals” and how we consolidated the sub-forum to make it more easy to work with. Alongside that now we are rolling out the second phase to this area which is hitting the brand new “Reports” sub-forum. This subforum will now house a one stop shop location for you to file player reports, magic reports, and staff reports. The hope is to make it more easily accessible. Both the reports and appeals subforum will now be OP view only sub-forums meaning that the respective staff for those sub-forums will be able to view it and the OP; no one else. This is to take into account the feedback I have received on people being scared to report players or groups due to the fear of backlash. If you are wishing to make general public feedback regarding a staff member or a specific team please use the respective team feedback forum, but make sure to follow that with an actual staff report for an investigation. These post should be constructive in nature and follow forum rules etiquette.

As a final note due to the high volume of tickets and the current burden of work being placed on moderators we will be temporarily halting our service of providing fly to players. This is to cut down on the current workflow so that we can handle the more time sensitive and more important tickets such as CRP issues or other forms of player conflict issues. This is something I do want to bring back, but for the sake of the current team this has to be done to give some of us a small break from being burnt out.

Current Team Roster

pMDydQJ8KXIjfqZDSe7_6IH6OZ2jRDlIQLyV7BxW

Monthly Statistics

Moderation Staff received a total of 5392 modreqs in May.

Congratulations and thank you to: Potts24, Lomrun, and ZachsSlayer for taking the most tickets in that respective order! It was awesome seeing these individuals step into the team and really contribute a lot during their first month.

The monthly quota for Moderation Staff 3%, for this month that meant an individual Mod had to complete a total of 161. Below you can view the general statistics for all members of the team. Keep in mind some new Mods were added to the team late in the month and some Mods were on leave for real life reasons.

A7dw4WtEY267HfZGEpBDsI1Dj3NHFufTJsiBvdNE

DJJmzuYa6flwBe2gtXSi4Rtv6HTDllYIVafcQkWU

Roster Changes

+ ZachsSlayer added to Moderation Staff

+ func_Soap added to Moderation Staff

+ Rwk0 added to Moderation Staff

+ Endershadow292 added to Moderation Staff

- Murlocs stepped down as a Moderation Staff Manager

- TastyCheesecake stepped down from Moderation Staff

- Pandann stepped down from Moderation Staff

Special Thanks

Gamma_Byte for building support.

-------------------------------

Why are appeals and reports private? Yes, I did read it but I'm asking because it's the leadup of my response here. You've just denied players a voice and are publishing a system that allows players to try and hide behind a shadow well another players place on the server is at risk. Instead of focusing on a system that is a push to better the community, a push to work out disagreements instead of jumping to a ban, you are allowing a system that is, get banned first then try to talk to us after and we will hide your appeal so no public feedback. This is wrong. 

@Harrison what do you think?

Building a city is going to take a bit longer now... But oh well. I hope the work load gets lifted so that fly can come back soon.

gm team’s idea of stepping down is like how you “step down” when the floor gets thrown out from under you at the gallows

1 minute ago, Space_Gene said:

Give us fly back

Agreed, we can understand that it is a burden, yet, some people need it to build trees and high buildings, etc.
Maybe find a solution to handle the /fly situation? Maybe allow Primary Region Owners to hand out fly within the borders of their region?

Building Trees in Athalia will be a hell of a problem if we have to nerd pole up to it, Just to place leaves down around the tree. But hey, if we die it won't be in vain. We’ll all drop like 100 blocks with leaves and dirt.

also u are aware that fly modreqs were literally a single command, maybe 3 if you do your full due diligence right?

it doesn't lead to burnout really.

Stopping fly is a joke, it's a one line command. You don't even need to.TP to the player

Everyone here is gonna Sister Snap!