The Greatest Crime

bugbytes21

Atherian Everblade signs the cross of Lorraine. "God will punish those who sin."

ForBickando.png

Your Holiness and faithful clergy of the Holy Mother Church,

I address you not as one of your vaunted selves - for I am no ordained servant of GOD, and instead work endlessly to provide for my family in the poorly art of milk farming. Indeed, I am only literate due to the passing whims of a charitable Haeseni noblewoman, whose name I may never know - but I digress.

The land upon which Sedan now sits (or at least, the city whose white-and-gold banners I am told is Sedan), was once my own home. My herd of twenty cows and two bulls once grazed the hills peacefully there; due to wars beyond my understanding, I have been forcibly displaced and my herd wrongfully slaughtered or stolen for passing Dwarf armies. I do not know what circumstances caused this war, nor have I met this excommunicated Emperor of mine - what I do know is that I have lost my livelihood and my home, and those that trample on it say they sought peace.

Does the Church truly think we peons are so worthless before GOD, to value an invading prince beholden to GOD-hating halfmen (those that attacked Du Loc with a dragon a year ago), over his faithful flock? Is Sedan, after being given my farmlands, independent of the Dwarves, that he is now able to declare peace without his heathen masters' consent?

Will I ever see my cows again?

Faithfully,

Louis of Southbridge

Cowherd

7 minutes ago, bickando said:

ForBickando.png

I address you not as one of your vaunted selves - for I am no ordained servant of GOD, and instead work endlessly to provide for my family in the poorly art of milk farming. Indeed, I am only literate due to the passing whims of a charitable Haeseni noblewoman, whose name I may never know - but I digress.

I was shown this letter by a Savoyard acolyte, who once lived in my village and went to attend the monasterial school in their capital, and must say I am surprised.

The land upon which Sedan now sits (or at least, the city whose white-and-gold banners I am told is Sedan), was once my own home. My herd of twenty cows and two bulls once grazed the hills peacefully there; due to wars beyond my understanding, I have been forcibly displaced and my herd wrongfully slaughtered or stolen for passing Dwarf armies. I do not know what circumstances caused this war, nor have I met this excommunicated Emperor of mine - what I do know is that I have lost my livelihood and my home, and those that trample on it say they sought peace.

Does the Church truly think we peons are so worthless before GOD, to value an invading prince beholden to heretical, GOD-hating halfmen (those that attacked Du Loc with a dragon a year ago), over his faithful flock? Is Sedan, after being given my farmlands, independent of the Dwarves, that he is now able to declare peace?

Faithfully yours,

Louis of Southbridge

Cowherd

Louis' heavily pregnant wife, Olga of Southbridge, thwacks her husband atop the head with a rolled up sheet of parchment. 

"Ye better stop gettin' distracted by ye writin', Louis. Ye've burned the bread!"

2 hours ago, bugbytes21 said:

Philip III, of whom the citizens of the Empire have the audacity to call him “The Great”,

John Oakenhill spat a fat wad of tobacco out as he held the missive in his hands, his dwarven re-educator Goran Goldhand reading the words out for the illiterate peasant. "Well... we's call 'im teh great cause, 'e is pretteh great." John was quickly beaten by Goran Goldhand and a nearby gang of Tripartite soldiers. "Oi! Wha' 'ave ah gotten mehself intae!"   

4 hours ago, bugbytes21 said:

The Emperor of Oren committed the gravest sin against GODANI

"I really really hope they don't double excommunicate the emperor. That would be super embarrassing!" Nudge Neatenthorpe comments to his pet rooster, a big bucket of milk in each hand.

These race traitors came to the Emperor with cap and hand offering to flip sides in exchange for treasure and title. In return they were given what they justly deserved. The Emperor told this unreliable Leopold fellow that he would be merciful, sparing the race traitors of Sedan and merely putting their village to the flame. Leopold was given the due any human who opposes the Empire. 

It is frankly unbelievable that any would play the victim, when they, at the head of an invading army, having illegally settled upon IMPERIAL lands would immediately try to betray their dwarven overlords for demands of further gold and title. How far has humanity fallen that all vestiges of honour are little more than ancient myths, with the modern human noble comporting himself like a rodent in the gutter.

This man deserved to have his traitorous skull crushed a thousand times. My full respects to the Emperor for properly upholding the dignity of humanity.

Thus to all traitors.

Finishing his tirade Manfred would return to his labours, arrows wouldn't fletch themselves and these chickens needed plucking

Ivan var Ruthern read over the public missive with some form of glee. “The Emperor killed the man who had been given numerous opportunities to return to his fellow man- who only decided to do such when the cards were stacked against him! Damn the Emperor!” He’d shout at a wall within the confines of Reutov.

Lt. Colonel Quinn Darkwood would chuckle and put the paper in the comedy section of the Imperial State Army archives noting "Such interesting jests"

Mariya de Joannes, the grieving  princess of Sedan sits within the confines of her room, with her younger sister Petrysa [ @Mamimiux] . "How dare they! They Murder our Father in cold blood - this, perhaps is why they are excommunicated from the church, murdering good cannonist after another!"

10 hours ago, bickando said:

ForBickando.png

Does the Church truly think we peons are so worthless before GOD, to value an invading prince beholden to GOD-hating halfmen (those that attacked Du Loc with a dragon a year ago), over his faithful flock? Is Sedan, after being given my farmlands, independent of the Dwarves, that he is now able to declare peace without his heathen masters' consent?

Faithfully,

Louis of Southbridge

Cowherd

QT5w7TASFaSAV_h9jvVXBPWu3_cWKmv_L1ia3DRAfF42_mDteyllNOwrtJ39aGES51KLh4h7Pfb7cwiKY4F5mPLnQsBEIG7iB5ZiOeKysHpRTjDHx8bjuJzjufrXRHLgA-APJ0zR

To Louis of Southbridge,

Your letter has come to me and I am most concerned about your situation. I offer you my prayers for your wellbeing and for your family. The war has stretched everyone to their limit and I regret that the war has put you in the situation that you are in, and I pray that the armies of man and of non man, exercised further restraint in their warfare against the Orenian Empire, for it is the Anathemized Emperor that leads his sheep astray, not the farmer who just wishes to live. So long as I live my diocese and the holy mother church will never forget those who have fallen on hard times, no matter what nation they are from. GOD loves and embraces all, and it is our duty as the Holy Mother Church to house those who are unhoused, to help those who need help. I will personally get you new cows and find you new settlement may it be in Sedan, Savoy, or Haense that you can continue to do your work and grow your family. I will stop at nothing to see your livelyhood restored and your family safe, it is the holy mission of which GOD has ordained us clergy to do. 

Everlasting blessings,

Markos, Bishop San Luciano

Edited by bugbytes21

8 hours ago, Narthok said:

These race traitors came to the Emperor with cap and hand offering to flip sides in exchange for treasure and title.

"What, like the Ferrymen and Blackvale? You had no problem taking their help when your own army fell apart." said Walton.