Islamadon 10 Year AMA

Islamadon

oQPbyEz.png

I think AMAs are cringe but I doubt I'm going to make it to 2033...

Ask anything. I reserve the right to deem a question as cringe or weird and ignore it.

being around for 10 years, you pretty much grew up with this server. in what ways has lotc affected you in regards to your growth as a person, and is it positive?

also whats ur taste in music

What is your favorite LotC moment?

What is your favorite map?

What is your favorite lore piece?

What is the Lector community up to now?

Which st event was your favourite?

5 minutes ago, Diogen said:

being around for 10 years, you pretty much grew up with this server. in what ways has lotc affected you in regards to your growth as a person, and is it positive?

also whats ur taste in music

LOTC, for a kid who had no friends, provided a sense of community and an avenue to feel worthwhile. That said, in the old days, the greater  communities I found myself accepted in often justified terrible behaviors such as Doxxing, DDOS'ing, and everything else you could imagine. In time, after coughing a few bans, I would like to think I was able to mature and found the need to stop fronting in order to feel welcome. The benefits, I would say, was that the toxicity I was around gave me a thick skin, but I do think without it I could have matured as a person far quicker. Also the server is genuinely unhealthy - I fear that many people probably take it way too seriously instead of a hobby, and it's bad. As for music - Classic Rock & Roll (50-90s); I possess a stupid degree of knowledge about this era.

2 minutes ago, Poor_Fellow said:

What is your favorite LotC moment?

What is your favorite map?

What is your favorite lore piece?

What is the Lector community up to now?

Favorite LOTC Moment was probably when the OSL managed to trick a raiding Raevir rally of ~50 into our fortress and then surprising them as our dining hall changed into a death tra (with the help of a few pistons) and lava melted them. The instant they realized that the nut they were so happy to have cracked wasn't cracked at all was very satisfying...

Anthos was my favorite map. The size, the variety in terrain, the Soul and just everything about it I loved. I think more maps should've had a Frozen North tier event zone where players could explore and get owned by the event team. I might just have rose tinted goggles though since it was the first.

My favorite Lore Piece is hard to say because I truly dislike what others would consider to be "Lore Pieces". Magics and CAs are just rulesets for people to powertrip, IMO, and they don't actually add anything to server lore beyond a contract for people to powergame within certain bounds. I would say, then, I like lore pieces pertaining to the cosmos and greater universe because that's where the meat of creativity is. I've been working on compiling all the cosmos pieces, it's very interesting to me. If you want a feat or magic - Arcane Displacement.

Lectors are boomers now. We decided to end the Lectors because we felt we explored everything we could and everything beyond that point would have been milking a dead horse and perpetuating a feat stack mentality. We lost what made us characters and instead we became a group where noobs could ask for Feats and we could lecture them on 1000 things. It was boring. Now, we just do whatever we want. Shady and I personally do Japanese style RP because anime posting is hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Ropceek said:

Which st event was your favourite?

I loved the whole Anthos Setherien event line where we could explore a vast and unexplored Northern Waste (beyond the wall in GoT) while being hunted down by ET and GMs. The cherry ontop of Griff killing Setherien in the PVE event was also peak. I like events that feel like life or death instead of a long and drawn out dungeon crawl with no real stakes.

of all characters you've played, which ones do you consider the most memorable and why?

whts it feel like being a boomer? 

8 minutes ago, Ramon said:

of all characters you've played, which ones do you consider the most memorable and why?

whts it feel like being a boomer? 

I think, objectively, my character with the biggest historical impact was Leopold. As for my personal favorite, it would be my Lector man; I enjoyed exploring the lore side if the server and staying out of politics.

Boomerhood doesn’t really mean anything… Just replace school with work and embrace your sense of “everything is worse than x”.

#1 fav beatles song start to finish

if you could go back in time and change one LoTC historical event, what would you change and how do you think it’d change the server in character?

favorite Morrowind moment / quest? 

if you had full creative control over the greater narrative of the server, what is something you would introduce or an eventline you would start? 

fav memory w/ me :3 

4 minutes ago, warlord of filth said:

#1 fav beatles song start to finish

if you could go back in time and change one LoTC historical event, what would you change and how do you think it’d change the server in character?

favorite Morrowind moment / quest? 

if you had full creative control over the greater narrative of the server, what is something you would introduce or an eventline you would start? 

fav memory w/ me :3 

Too many are great start to finish. I have a guilty pleasure in “Cry Baby Cry” and the Abbey Road medley. 

I would have coup’d after Mog’s abdication in Axios and destroyed the empire in glorious all-or-nothing civil war with Haense as opposed to the cringe Courland coalition. Maybe it would have culled the Imperial Restoration trend and, if successful, maybe the Fifth Empire could have survived.

Best Morrowind moment was robbing all of the House vaults and breaking the Enchantment system.

If I was in Squaks shoes I’d have Yeu Rthulu die and crash on the material plane a la Meztili EARLY ON. Then, in order to feast on the God shard, I’d have practically every Aengudaemon go into action in some capacity for a RuneScape tier God War with rabid factionalism in the street and battles between the Godless, Holies and Evil.

The shadow hours…

Can I have templarism?

Where does name Zhulik come from?

Where does name Islamadon come from?

Favorite lector?

Favorite Oyashiman?

Favorite Anime?

Favorite wowj moment?

Least favorite Lore?

Spoiler

fbi-glow.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=af18d3ad42b3

What map of LOTC was your favorite over the years (main or temp maps)? And if possible what memory best stands out to you from those maps?

What do you think are some moments or fuckups that happened with the Lectorate that are memorable to you that you might regret, and, if you had the chance to turn back time, would change?

How do you feel about Elliott Smith? 

What was your favourite social media application from back in the day on LOTC? Teamspeak, Skype, Discord? (maybe some more I'm forgetting about). If you had the chance to somehow force everyone to use one application to communicate on LOTC, what would you choose out of those options, and why?

What's your opinion on the Canonist Church over the last couple of years and how it's changed over time? 

If you had the choice to bring back 5 people that've since left LOTC to play with one final time (your map, setting and event of choice), who would you bring back, what would you do, and why? 

Considering your opinions on the old Varg Lore and the community itself, what is your opinion on the new lore versus the old (if you've read it)?

Favorite Albanian?

Are you the zodiac killer?