The Incompetence of the Maheral

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/OOaF8hfqkvAT0FatxChopjm5yAzuIn_RCC8OmxVAbAy1MhxfWimelnTtHFWIZfwAip6rD-LITXAAZNc49VBKInQttC-jl1Tc-3Rrz9Q8bSiVWoTMomNZfZwv0zVNcXaGM4Q8MLyUNvo5W6uGaScK8v0

Incompetence of the Maheral

An Announcement to the Silver State of Haelun’or

7aclmZx-RaHIkvAYugHa3XVrAUvrVt-gY6EQbuMRu9gxJrGcAc_ls7yI868NvmLsRwTvD6fIqMFWddlYeZZa-MXyK1_Lve-peKAhBM4qqa6x6E0gGcFMV4Ck6l7qaxNh3iBjNG32

Unity, as is purity, is disrupted when infidelity and tormenting weakness prompts derelict and unfounded peace in contrast to principle and ethic. And so, incompetence comes in many forms. Our own Maheral, behind the facade of regal image, lay a stunning display of incompetence.

As days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, our Haelun'or has began to experience the consequences of his ineptitude. And so, hasty and ill-informed decisions, resulting in chaos and despair among the populace. Our neighbours watch in amusement as Haelun'or stagnates alongside its incompetent figurehead.

And so, the Mali'thill of the Silver State of Haelun'or must unite. Our Haelun’or beckons thee, blessed children. Our architects, diplomats and medics. Our tavernkeep, butcher and artist. Our guardians of knowledge and people, our soldiers silver-clad until the bitter end.

And so, our frustration knows no bounds and we musn't tolerate an inept leader.

At the beginning of Haelun’or, our Citadel arose from dirt and debris — guided in the footsteps of our ancestors and most blessed bloodlines — to create our home, our refuge from the monsters of the realm, our blessed bastion of knowledge, progress and health. Let this serve as a cautionary tale, the consequences of ineptitude are far-reaching and harm us all.

Maheral Seth Calith, it is time to accept fate.

The Eternal Dove,

Malaurir Elesia Elervathar

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

Spoiler

Zn2fNuojCQsbjAnXYdDEWV3KZ9VyLi9u1z6efYxCiWiqBRJsaSoRjTJEYk_m7cuy-2vf3qehYV2refYB6lxDm83UWkxSS53S4IZhKmVrdEGy5wYR9AQJobGDhkGEDK_b5htCupOV

Halerir Sorcaril would read over the missive as he spoke with his lari'maroon Ashwyn Sythaerin

"What use is a missive of detestation if you provide no examples of them being inept? An empty message of treason made public to what cause?" Socaril would chuckle to himself as he crumpled up the piece of paper, tossing it into the hearth. "Perhaps now this paper will find worth in its existence."

As a certain very old elf finds the missive, a cacophony of frustrated and confused sounds could be heard throughout the city. Soon after, a countermissive is posted.

"Baseless slander must not be tolerated within elcihi'thilln. What lead you to denounce elmaheral I do not know, oem'ii. Unless you have resided within Haelun'or as a hermit recently, I would not know how or when you have experienced any of this so-called 'chaos', as I certainly have not seen you around. What I do know, is to speak of our history, our grace, even our bloodlines, without having a proper grasp on the present or future, only leads to more uproar. I dare not say I agree with some of the recent goings-on within our political climate, yet if anything you appear to have pinned the blame on the wrong leader.

You have failed your bloodline before, she who never was. Yet here you are, claiming a title you do not hold - as elmalauriran of the blessed times you yourself speak of once stripped you of it. And to all those who would be deceived by this unsubstantiated piece of defamation, I ask you to pay no mind to this hypocrisy of the highest regard.

The Serpent
Malaurir Silvos Sythaerin"

The Speaker of Malin  came upon the missive during his travels amongst the realms of the King. His oath would prevent him from saying anything on behalf of the Maheral, to whom he had grown to have great respect for - yet he harbored his own private thoughts. 

"Malin'onn, I am afraid you must weather this challenge - as all of Malin's sons must, on your own. Our Father has not revealed to me the prophecy of your future, but I believe this will not shake the stone of the foundation you have built..."  As rain dripped lightly upon the pilgrims tarp he had made for himself along the woodline, falling to gentle sleep with a page left open within one of the books of The Way of Malin

After a few hours of the initial missive being posted, yet another response was pinned beneath the original, penned neatly shimmering silver ink. 

"Former Maheral Elervathar,

We 'thill are a people of logic and reason above all. We value educated decisions and a clear state of mind, actions and accusations driven by proof and reasoning. Despite this, I fail to see any of the above behind your accusations, which proves alarming given your previous office as I would expect 'thill allegedly of your caliber  to be the embodiment of all we strive to be. Even following their resignation, a maheral supposed to serve as a shining example to the children of Larihei and the Silver State as a whole. Your baseless accusations bring about not the question of the current maheral's competency, but that of your own. What drives you to wish to remove the purest 'thill alive from his post? In this moment, I think it not to be regard for tradition or the welfare of the state, but a means to further your own influence, perhaps an attempt to 'redeem' what I've heard described as the carriage crash  that was your past tenure. 

In order to ascend to such a role, it is not solely purity of body and blood we seek, but purity of mind and virtue. From this missive alone, I am certain that many will find the latter  in regards to yourself questionable at best. Through a few impulsively penned words, you have all but crushed your assumed hopes of replacing our current Maheral, a feat most impressive given the fame and nigh undeniable purity of your bloodline. 

I would advise you think before you wantonly scribble upon parchment, feigning wisdom that you quite plainly lack. You do naught but portray yourself as one with the form of a 'thill, but with the insight of an uruk.

Sincerely,

A concerned citizen."

A certain 'thill gave pause and tilted his head to and fro as he read over the missive,

"Hold on just a moment. Did this one not BUY their way into being Maheral and then fail to bring Haelun'or forth in any way once-so-ever? Tut, yet she has not even been within elCihi to make such grave claims anyhow. Meaningless."

And so he crumpled the paper and tossed it into a bin over his shoulder, clearly unwavered by the words upon it.

[!] One Lleinde Tillun'sae, upon finding this address stapled to a board within the walls of elCihi, would pin a brief note of response beside it.

Readers would find this in the form of an open letter, penned upon cream parchment trimmed with silver. The handwriting would be incredibly neat; at first glance, one may even be inclined to believe the author had used a typewriter of some sorts, if not for the occasional missed inkblot. 

The response would read as follows:

"To one dear Elesia Elervathar - whom, if one recalls correctly, ought to set aside the undeserved title of 'The Dove', let alone that of 'The Eternal Dove', given the consensus of elMalauriran that your tenure Was Not.

To begin, one urges your presence in elCihi to corroborate these claims, and provide a counter to presumed 'inadequacy'.

One inquires; if not elMaheral Calith, which 'thill might you name as Most Pure? In the words of Sullas, the Maheral Simply Is; one truly believes you shall find few in elCihi who recognise your absent self as indeed Most Pure, amongst our many talented and silvered kin.

Shimmering regards,

~ Lleinde Tillun'sae "

Tilruir'tir Nightingale looked over the missive. His brow was furrowed in concern. 

"I have absolutely no idea who this elf is." He muttered. "How foolish. Who even has the audacity to pin such a missive with no concrete evidence to support their claims..." 

Upon further reading the responses of such a missive, Alexander's concern faded quickly. Losing interest, he continued off on his patrol. 

"I believe in this person. It takes guts to proclaim truth and seek conflict with leadership who cannot even bring respect to one's allies."

Said a elder within her manor amused and surprised to see that someone finally understood and peered beyond the facade of selflessness that Seth had.

"I bet that snakes and backstabbers are defending the problem as it doesn't affect them at all. Alas, the blind will see the light only when it's too late."

She grumbled slightly, before grabbing any missive to store them somewhere in her large office: Secured, and safe if she would ever need them one day.

"I already miss their former Sohaer... the only one who respected her allies and showed great leadership. Nevertheless, may the moon bless you in your quest... oh fierce writer."

The ringing of bells through the empty square would signal the end of a Halerir’s protracted shift. All day had he studied the outrage, indignation, horror, and bewilderment which had grazed the faces of ‘thill who came upon the missive. His aching knees trudged towards the board. The original bulletin was barely legible behind the flurry of replies which now claimed every available inch of space.

An ascending moon would cloak the missives in darkness, and the ‘thill began his arduous march home. He would stop before a familiar marble statue of ‘The Dove’, which stood erect, bathing in the glow of a starry night’s sky.

Near the statue’s base would be lodged a small crack. “Kina’metta” the 'thill would hum to himself, glancing now at the statue’s still flawless neck. “Hileiane metta”

A figure within the Sillumir force spoke towards a comrade of his, in a more closed off area. "Have you caught wind of the latest issue?" The mali'thill spoke in a hushed tone and briefly continued. "Remember our long old vow we took from Kaelan Aldin, Eleven - incase things do go awry. For el'Marheral." @Dark_Celos

A recently returned Elven Hero gazes upon this missive with an turned up lip, finding it incredulous. After all, how can it be that so many of those of impure mind have come before us? Perhaps to call for lack of progress, but this?" "Oh what folly, for it is Blessed Seth, our great Maheral who stands tall. I would expect the recently returned, or perhaps the new oem'ii to ne recognize the recent history of the past hundred or so years. Seth has proven more often than I can recall that it is he who is fit for Maheral! After all, we canne blame him for the allowance of the impure into el'cihi, for it was done when he was absent. To assuage the fears of others, we must recall it is ne we who shall take our vengeance upon the impure. Hail Larihei! Hail the voice of the prophetess! For her vision must be carried forth."

[!] A response was penned

"The Maheral may not take an active role in the leadership of the Silver State, but he remains present on a daily basis, and familiarises himself with each and every citizen. His leadership is completed in a more subtle design - aiding in new Mali' integration into our society, and ensuring their bloodline and mentality is pure and correct.

He is as wonderous a Maheral as the Uradir is incapable as Sohaer. Redirect your aggressions.

- A concerned citizen"