[✓] [Invention Lore] Wizards' Hats

HAT

Someone please write a Druidic form of this

My recommendation would be to remove the ST signature requirement. There doesn't seem to be anything in this lore that is so special that would require involving the staff and the materials/ritual is not dissimilar from Yissar creation which requires no ST oversight.

Can a Non-Voidal mage wear this hat? My recommendation is YES while following redlines for enchantments. 

Some things to consider (Though I think the lore stands well on its own)
Can the hat itself can be abjured or otherwise affected by magic? 

Does their behavior change within a Hollow, or the area of an Obelisk? 

I also recommend you allow voidal Mages to continue to connect and be able to cast while ensconced, however the cost is the inability to project magic in a certain arc (Perhaps the person must choose: Full ensconcement, preventing any magic from projecting - or a Half-Ensconcement which allows magic to be projected outwards towards the other half? Or consider lowering this to a 3x emote cast ability. A 4x Cast emote makes this one of the higher requirements emote abilities and I think that meets a valid 'cost' or 'penalty' for this use without also incurring a no magic cost ability.

I really like this lore (Nice photo by the way - Plus for Turban inclusion).

Min

Valindra's tricorn about to become 100x more badass.

I love this. +1

1 hour ago, Minuvas said:

My recommendation would be to remove the ST signature requirement. There doesn't seem to be anything in this lore that is so special that would require involving the staff and the materials/ritual is not dissimilar from Yissar creation which requires no ST oversight.

I do generally agree with this if I'm being honest, I'd prefer if the lore was more available to the common mage especially with it already being locked behind an MA. However due to the nature of ensconcing being similar too and but a bit of a crappier Ward Shield I feel it warrants an ST signature in a similar manner to enchantments. 

Can a Non-Voidal mage wear this hat? My recommendation is YES while following redlines for enchantments. 

I could see myself being ok with this to this one yeah. I just generally wanted to divorce it from non-voidal magic stuff and nerf it a bit so that mages can't use each other's hats. But I wouldn't mind with switching that up a bit.

Does their behavior change within a Hollow, or the area of an Obelisk? 

I like both of these considerations and will be adding them in.

I also recommend you allow voidal Mages to continue to connect and be able to cast while ensconced, however the cost is the inability to project magic in a certain arc (Perhaps the person must choose: Full ensconcement, preventing any magic from projecting - or a Half-Ensconcement which allows magic to be projected outwards towards the other half? Or consider lowering this to a 3x emote cast ability. A 4x Cast emote makes this one of the higher requirements emote abilities and I think that meets a valid 'cost' or 'penalty' for this use without also incurring a no magic cost ability.

Originally I had it so that mages could cast while ensconced but went back and changed it as I figured doing so would be a bit too similar to casting while also having some sort of warding shield up or the like. Just felt a bit overpowered, especially because then theoretically if you wanted to min/max you could do all the emotes for a spell whilst under the hat and then pop up to cast and turtle shell once more on the next emote. And that's lame. Generally, I don't want ensconcing to be particularly good in a fight. In fact, it's almost always the wrong answer as the opposition can just come up and stab you and you can't do anything about it. The 4x emote cast comes also from warding shield cast, as I don't want this to be on par with it. I also originally had it at 3x emotes but changed it so that it was a bit of a crappier version of the spell. I'd be partial to changing it to 3x as that feels a bit less in the way of word vomit to fill emote requirements but I think 4x is just more likely to assuage ST. 

lmao wtf

Borders on goofy.

Goofy is why I hate rp

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.