WILL TO POWER

sam33497

Spoiler

[!] A missive was dispersed quite oppressively, albeit solely within the walls of Hokhmat.

K6gnDo_7D_7SDvmX9jnKKlfGXqXS3MVHWJIUQltzap1eT7PxGr3Bq-P4mPQPJh8nCtfhjh7TbxmRzyPCEz6HRZYneoUtWZmpX3SAxPlyHwomOFHeq3kb9bG1izgTECUw_utTsBBdFQDzUbAWQExIArg

Sorcerers of Hokhmat, social rejects of Hokhmat, bath-house degenerates of Hokhmat, Fatebinder, and others

who might reside within the walls of Hokhmat:

I, Lanre Cerusil, who could be described by plenty of harrowing anecdotes, shall not do so of myself, and shall only instead say that I am the most powerful mage within these walls, and thus by the rights of battle-magery and ambitionI claim the position of MAGISTER, and will usurp any figure who stands in my way to achieve that position.

Thus, to Fatebinder, allow this as a formal petition: put forward the Magister you cast into doubt,

and I shall strike down their forces, and break their will.

That is all.

K6gnDo_7D_7SDvmX9jnKKlfGXqXS3MVHWJIUQltzap1eT7PxGr3Bq-P4mPQPJh8nCtfhjh7TbxmRzyPCEz6HRZYneoUtWZmpX3SAxPlyHwomOFHeq3kb9bG1izgTECUw_utTsBBdFQDzUbAWQExIArg

18 minutes ago, sam33497 said:

I am the most powerful mage within these walls

Sulieronn rolled his eyes at that. "I wouldn't go that far, after all, I exist." He hummed out as he read through the notice. "But stronger than Fatebinder, sure. Though that's not difficult."

Just now, MeteorDragon said:

Sulieronn rolled his eyes at that. "I wouldn't go that far, after all, I exist." He hummed out as he read through the notice. "But stronger than Fatebinder, sure. Though that's not difficult."

"Sulieronn Ashwood, I challenge you to a duel."

Magister Valindra Nullivari of the district of Paradox lofts a brow, though nods singularly, respecting the customs of the city she'd come to oversee. Sat comfortably within the luxury of her estate, she called to a servant to retrieve her a roll of parchment. Retrieving a dark-feathered quill, the mali began to neatly jot down a response:

---

"Challenger Lanre Cerusil,

I respect your drive and ambition; it is something our collective desperately needs while its inhabitants grow complacent. Change is natural, and we should always embrace such. Before you continue, however, I ask that you please name the Magister who you intend to challenge. Our current Lord and Lady Magisters are as follows:

Vapatia of Eternity

Kalgrimmor of the Sorcerous Path

Valindra of Paradox.

I look forward to seeing the events that follow from this open letter, wayward Magus. I have heard of your skill in the arcanic arts and your respect for balance. Regardless of the outcome, you will always be welcome in Paradox.

With Regards,

Lady Magister Valindra Nullivari of Paradox, Court Mage of Stassion, The Pale Elf of Disaster, Smiter of Heretics etc."

---

Signing off on her letter with a flourish, the mali had such posted beneath Lanre's open letter.

The formal petition is delivered before the Grand Magister, and unsealed in ritualistic manner as it is read to him. A small cackle of energy would whip through his weapon , as he looked at the seats of th Lord-Magisters...contemplating this challenge

A response is handed to Lanre by one of the palace attendants. 

Your Request is: Heard

The Grand Magister Shall respond within: 24 hours

13 minutes ago, Morigung-oog said:

Signing off on her letter with a flourish, the mali had such posted beneath Lanre's open letter.

Lanre staggered over to a poster-board, reading Valindra's written response.

"Amazing. This is really fancy."

He departed without making an effort to respond to it.

[!]

The missive comes onto the desk of one solemn scholar, the severe Mistress Vizier of the Earth Chamber Rhae'lin Ashwood.

"That one has proved to be a monolithic presence."

Rhaegar Carcimor would read over the public letter and scoff before taking a sip of tea from cup, and placing back onto the counter top beside his notebook. The elf did a double take, peering back over the contents of it and shaking his head. His body turns to head in Tahorran-urthir and Lelien's direction, who were both in the living room of their primary residence in Haelun'or

"Lelien, you didn't happen to get a chance to speak with any of your liiran about that delusional mage out in Hohkmat? The who's been trying to challenge all of the Magisters? Why don't you go out there and knock him down a few pegs?"

31 minutes ago, Voorak said:

Rhaegar Carcimor would read over the public letter and scoff before taking a sip of tea from cup, and placing back onto the counter top beside his notebook. The elf did a double take, peering back over the contents of it and shaking his head. His body turns to head in Tahorran-urthir and Lelien's direction, who were both in the living room of their primary residence in Haelun'or

"Lelien, you didn't happen to get a chance to speak with any of your liiran about that delusional mage out in Hohkmat? The who's been trying to challenge all of the Magisters? Why don't you go out there and knock him down a few pegs?"

Reveal hidden contents

The massive thing stared blankly ahead, faux eye sockets blazing with a shuddering, purple light. "What is a Hohkmat? Sounds ... ... ... irrelevant."

Atticus Lucien is watching the missive burn slowly in the palm of his flameproof glove- Flat faced, like whatever minor satisfaction the act brings is outweighed by his exhaustion. “You know- One quiet day, would be nice. Just the one. One day.”

Resignedly, he shakes out the ashes of the extra copy and organizes the first one away in the Chamber of Earth’s extensive file room. 

Edited by Hom

Apon the noticeboard, Stuck the bottom of the missive would be a note reading as follows "The most powerful mage in all of Hokhmat, I doubt it. If you are truly the most powerful mage, Fight and defeat my champion with your magical prowess. This, Is a challenge. I will await a bird with your answer." the note is signed with a Scarab and the name Tett Corso Horisp.

58 minutes ago, Drdobetter said:

Apon the noticeboard, Stuck the bottom of the missive would be a note reading as follows "The most powerful mage in all of Hokhmat, I doubt it. If you are truly the most powerful mage, Fight and defeat my champion with your magical prowess. This, Is a challenge. I will await a bird with your answer." the note is signed with a Scarab and the name Tett Corso Horisp.

He scribbled a note!