H

@DISCOLIQUIDrise up old one

i'm not reading all that (i read all of it and its cool)

It was a shocking piece to read, I enjoyed every moment of its electrifying existence and I think it deserves a spot in the current lore.

+1 I Approve of Sith RP

Hell yea! Finally something to start a shock therapy clinic with!

+1

fantastically written and long-awaited! +1

I can't wait to vote no on this

Hey. I’m quite open and transparent as a staff member, so I wanted to make you aware that a few story-team members are currently in the staff-discord talking poorly about your write and making fun of you as players and members of the community. 

Good luck with your lore post. 

Although none of my characters have ever had this magic in the past, it has definitely been one of the coolest things I have seen RP'd, though had some serious balance issues in combat. Would love to see it make a return with a good write.

10 hours ago, TeawithFrisket said:

Correction

This is like  Acuity potion but voidal.

not quite. As quoted directly from the acuity potion lore:

the consumer able to perceive threats or changes at a faster rate, though this does not necessarily translate to heightened reaction speed, for the body is still limited to what it was before.

The potion itself does not allow your body to move faster than it is meant to, it merely heightens the senses. seeing an attack coming does not necessarily mean you can dodge it, while for the magic:

This allows them, for a split second, to react as fast as they can think; far faster than their nervous system and body would normally allow.

Allows the user to do a bit more than the potion, along with not having the draw back of being overwhelmed by bright lights and loud noises.

I'm aware of its other spell counterparts doing similar things but I do agree that it feels like its overstepping regarding the inherent voidal weakness that mages have as a drawback. Perhaps if the spell worked in a different manner that didnt boost the mage's body to preform superhuman feats? 

Aside from that the rest of the magic seems fine, I want lightning evo back :( 

I must learn this, maybe I can even make someones heart beat after it has stopped.

I remember using this, all the way back in 2015. It was the coolest thing I thought. I always felt bad for using it though, not much one can do to dodge a bolt of lightning, or survive it. 

I hope this new write can address that. 

Lighting evo lighting evo lightinging evo

also can I just say that the amped reflexes as mentioned by hurfer might be real problematic. if there's one reason this thing is gonna be denied for its gonna be balance 

amped reflexes allows one to automatically dodge or even swat away a projectile. its effectively a guaranteed 2 emote block of a 3 emote nock, draw and shoot emote, let alone the dodging of an even larger spell. Instant dodges have often been sort of "problematic" in lore. And even the fire-ward azdrazi can pick (out of many other way better spells) takes like 3 emotes to cast and only blocks 1 spell. 

I think some balancing is going to be needed. 

As well, for the general effect of lightning on people, you'll have to explain it in full detail. how does it affect non-living beings like undead? how does it affect muscles and flesh? realistically speaking, if ur wearing full armour irl and you get hit by lightning that armour is going to conduct the lightning into the ground, and every time that I used lightning evo back in the days that same argument came up. 

All of these issues are the reasons why lightning evo was removed back in the days - so you have to make sure you address these properly!

Best of luck, I really do want to see this magic come back again and you have a super cool concept, you just gotta convince the LT that its worth to do the paperwork and is gonna be balanced enough.