AN OFFENSE MOST FOUL

Boknice275

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/940505651833090068/1175614715595067473/OIG.jpg?ex=656bdf86&is=65596a86&hm=6226f82afd7d984458dd3565415846a1624abb705af5e01516138f64f21c1e75&

[!] The following missive is distributed every major Kingdom throughout Aevos by eager Rah’mun couriers. The missive is marked with a golden wax seal which depicts an Eye of Ra’tuhmet at it’s center.  Upon opening the missive a depiction of Larihei and the Rah’mun Goddess of Ka’tau (justice) standing over the Silver State of Haelun’or. 

Greetings to all. I am Pharaoh Atemu-Ta of Rah’tuma, leader of the Rah’mun peoples and twin-sun of the Bronze Band. Fair peoples of Aevos, I regret to say that impurity lives deep within the heart of Haelu’nor. I just returned from the Silver State where I and a diplomatic envoy went to settle the dishonorable killing of a dual-citizen of Haelun’or and Krugmar on Krugmarian soil. When me and other members of the convoy, such as Pamphilos, the Grand Diplomat of the Rex to the Horde states, orcs, and Luthriel, arrived to Haelun’or we were met with scorn, derision, and malice. The foulest and most impure of conduct came from Maethor Sythaerin who claims to be a “royal guard” within the jurisdiction of Haelun’or. Before we could even speak Maethor called for our deaths, pulled out his sword, and spat numerous insults towards us to delegitimize us in the eyes of the audience. Myself and others within our group had ALREADY willingly sacrificed our weapons to the gate warden and resolve this issue peacefully.

The impure Isfetians had other plans. Maethor rang the bell and called forth his men to kill us on sight. Then Valindra and Haus, two other impures who are banished from krug and other lands for their deeds of being darkspawn and aligning with them on some level, came forth and began making their own demands. Eventually the gate was lifted and Maethor marched forth, seized Pamphilos and bound his mouth, legs, and hands, and then whisked him into the silver city. I was refused entry into the city to stand by my brother by these same people.

And then Luthriel, who was frozen in panic and overwhelmed at the horrific scenes, was called an “experiment” by several of the Hae’lunorians; Seth, Valindra, and others. This Isfetian experiment allegedly seeks to usurp the order of the Gods by creating something greater than them - or so it was explained to me by an arcanist. I asked Luthriel if she wished to come with me and she was clear she had no interest in partaking in the experiment.

I urged Valindra, Haus, and those surrounding me to let her go. Despite her clear wishes not to go with them, they refused my advances. Valindra then threatened me with potential legal sanction - death was the implication - if I tried to forcefully bring Luthriel with me. Enslavement is horrific to my people and deserving of only the harshest of punishments.  As I begrudgingly left the Silver City I heard Pamphilos’s voice bellowing out, screaming as if he was being tortured.

My friends, these actions are despicable. Even if the accused - Valindra, Haus, Maethor and their flock - are not soul-corrupted, their hearts are as black as ink. They are willing agents of Isfet [Chaos] who murder dissidents, enslave people for eldritch purposes, and threaten foreign leaders seemingly with impunity. But I, Pharaoh Atemu-Ta, hold the mandate of the Gods of Ka, as I am their force and weapon upon this realm. Lady Ka’tau, the goddess of the universal law of justice, has began her judgment of the Silver State and those in their tall walls who abet Isfet. Larihei looks upon her people with shame, for they have also deviated from her ancient pure standards. Lady Hesthor, our Goddess of Pure Waters, is displeased at the punishment of one of her priests (Pamphilos) by those who clearly abhor the Pure Law. And furthermore, the audacity of the impure to capture citizens of Krugmar without anticipating a potential conflict over such behavior is startling. 

It should be noted that a purple orc named Orc, who Pamphilos brought to help us conduct diplomacy, also betrayed him and assisted in his capture. I have raised his name up before the throne of judgment upon which Ka’tau sits and it has been cursed with dishonor. The Gods revolt against him and his ilk.

As such, I lay a list of demands at the feet of Valindra, Maethor, Haus, and their allies in Haelun’or.

One, I demand an unconditional release of all hoplite captives of Sulianpoli, Rah’tuma, and Krugmar, particularly Pamphilos and Luthriel. 

Second, I demand an apology to the people of Rah’tuma and Sulianpoli for your dishonorable behavior.

Third, I demand that Valindra, Haus, and Maethor be judged by those in the Silver walls who still care for the pure law, and wish for the will of Larihei to remain strong. Put them in the pure water, and if their souls do not catch fire, then it is shown.

As you consider these demands, I call forth the allies of Sulianpoli and Rah’tuma - Sol entente (the sun elves), House Weiss and House Vuiller, Caelia, Rex Grubnakh of Krugmar, and the Oni and the lads of Sakagakura - to take up arms in the event the Isfetian agents refuse my terms. I also urge the people of Rah’tuma to prepare to contribute to a military operation if my demands are not met. Gather at shrines of Kalthet and ask her to bless up with a strategy of victory over these Isfetians, for then victory shall be assured.

I shall be meeting with leaders of the various nations to discuss next steps. Be warned, Isfetians: if you fail to deliver Luthriel and Pamphilos safely to me, you will suffer in ways not conceivable to the mortal mind. The full wrath of the Gods will be upon you and it shall not leave you until your body and it’s shadowy soul are struck from existence by their might, forever.

My warning for the people of the Silver lands, the fair pure people who follow the way of their gods. Beware these names. Haus Weiss Vuiller, Valindra, and Maethor Sythaerin. If you find them near, watch your back. Do not believe them, for they refuse the test of purity, and even if they are not spooks, they are confirmed both at once, cruel, and evil. May the truth of existence be held most high. Suffer not the impure. 

Pharaoh Atemu-Ta

Pharaoh of Rah’tuma

Voice of Ka’tau,

Lawbringer of Ka'tau

Twin-Sun of the Bronze Band

Daal gives mischievous smile at reading the name of his opposition being listed off as he is quick to have a letter penned off to the pharaoh that spoke of purity, and then sent it off via a pure white dove. An offer he hoped to be tempting like devil cake 

Edited by Turbo_Dog
Ooc: I’ll send you a letter in game tomorrow

"I do love a good smear campaign." Valindra sighed, folding one leg over the other and leaning back in her seat. "but Haelun'or has allowed me to be harassed for years on end. The Sythaerins were the only ones brave enough to do anything about it."

A copy of the missive was slid beneath Obok's door, as further testament to the years of bothering she'd suffered.

A once more Tired Okarir'sil Sythaerin sighed as another unnamed assistant gave him a fresh copy of the new missive.

"I can ne catch a break from these guys can't I? They play victim as if they did ne show up unannounced and in large groups to do diplomacy. I entertain their wishes and force Haus and Valindra to take an aurum and salt test just for them to come back as normal as one could be. We allow them to leave freely only requesting that Luthriel stay for a moment longer to talk with Valindra and they call it enslavement. I do ne know where it is I went wrong"

Maethor Sythaerin practically JUMPS with joy, not unlike a small kitten would once upon a time, as he receives notices of this. He QUICKLY goes to frame it next to the other missive regarding his actions, and proudly smiles as he looks upon them, side by side. 

"My family, and those of pure blood smile upon my actions. Death to the infidels!" He would think to himself.

"Pathetic, how can one lecture upon that of which one does not know." Mused the 'thill, Ashwyn Sythaerin from the confines of her manor. "And to call upon others to fight your own disputes-" She tsked her tongue. "-if these so called children of Malin had any sense of honor, they'd solve their own conflicts. I'd even be willing to take part in a Sythaerin-Sulanpoli honor war but ne. . . they are the same as the valah to the west; all bark and no bite." Her lecture concluded as the front door to her home squeaked open. . .

As they stood within the city square, a Fox approached Ember, Kenian and a dry Lani. Ember read this missive as she handed it to Kenian

"They speak quite ill of him"
@Pancho

"So we lie now, o'Pharaoh?"

The Watcher hums, perched atop a tree in a densely wooded forest. He holds a copy of the missive in hand. Alone as can be, and yet he speaks aloud.

"Meaningless words, enunciated from voices far too weak. Crying to your Gods, because your own tongue is too weak to afflict change."

A quill and paper is produced, and Haus scribbles away. His own words, meaningless and daft. As he writes, he finds he cant sift apart between his own emotions, and the chattering in his skull. 

"Hail purity! Blessed Larihei It will not be us who has vengeance! It is the way of the world! The water always washes away the impure!"

Heroic Pamphilos having escaped being brutally mutilated and murdered, was brutalized yet free! By the aid of a certain Commissar and his cyberhound!

"Truly, how Larihei smiles when there are servants who follow her laws and serve her children. Hail the eternal cihi! For I will always have my heart for thee!"

"Sigh... El'sillumiran were better when they wore helmets and were police."

A silvery extremists comments, seeing the missive. Fully knowledgeable about the impurity they bring, that small minority. 

"A few bad apples spoil the bunch. Oh #61. You were wiser than I knew..."

"The Sythaerins never bear any guilt, don't forget it." Maeralya Sythaerin spake unto her eldest while they discussed such missive

On 11/18/2023 at 10:01 PM, Boknice275 said:

As you consider these demands, I call forth the allies of Sulianpoli and Rah’tuma - Sol entente (the sun elves), House Weiss and House Vuiller, Caelia, Rex Grubnakh of Krugmar, and the Oni and the lads of Sakagakura - to take up arms in the event the Isfetian agents refuse my terms. I also urge the people of Rah’tuma to prepare to contribute to a military operation if my demands are not met. Gather at shrines of Kalthet and ask her to bless up with a strategy of victory over these Isfetians, for then victory shall be assured.

The Silver Dawn Princess Ember, looks down at this piece once more, re- reading it to only then- find this part. She seemed to shake her head.

"E' believe this started as an honor duel, why is this carrying on to other families?"

On 11/19/2023 at 4:01 AM, Boknice275 said:

As you consider these demands, I call forth the allies of Sulianpoli and Rah’tuma - Sol entente (the sun elves)

A bemused expression washed over the face of Her Highness as she perused the missive in haste, arching a brow in evident skepticism, her visage suffused with a confused mien. "Sun elves," she echoed with derision, her countenance suffused with incredulity. "Who even is this man.." - "Surely," she mused, "someone had missed a vital lesson or two in history class."