WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE

HIGH_FIRE

Kursik would simply nod as the missive was sent out, "Happy Ferrymen Day, Aevos."

The Skipper cheers from behind his mask, smiling as he sees his blood's ambition fufilled.

"It's national Ferryman day!"

"Would rather die then sign any document produced by the Ferrymen, what a sellout 'heir'." remarked Ser Andrik!

"A leader should never negotiate with terrorists." Princess Eirene Novellen muttered with a sigh of disappointment.

"I will never acknowledge the Ferrymens harassments." he stated, going to shake his head, concerned for the safety of his heir, "Sibyl will be alright." he'd mutter to himself, going to narrow his eyes, knowing that the Ferrymen will always continue their actions regardless of what happens.

The Queen Mother of Balian shakes her head and tossed the paper in the fire. 

Aveline Kazimira really hopes that this still means she can organize a government funded library. . .

Teddy d'Arkent, the Crown Princess's cousin and honorary younger brother, lay badly wounded and unconscious in a Haeseni hospital bed. 

Elsewhere, a  lady of proud Orenian heritage -- though born long after its fall -- mused to herself upon hearing this most recent turn of events.
"Contracts signed under duress are not legally binding, they're truly fools if they think this would work."

"She's being threatened with her life, surely," John muttered, squinting at the rallies of Ferrymen beyond Hanseni gates. "It's not her fault. DEUS VULT!"

Ezren Elijah, the husband of the captured heir to balian was left distraught upon returning from his days fishing trip, only to find his world upended and his heavily pregnant wife captive and subjected to who knows what. "How dare they hold captive my wife and unborn child?!" the distraught father to be became outraged, merely held at bay by Don Galbraith and Don Ruthern, who broke the news. 

Marc Galbraith, an old imperial restorationist, raised a brow upon reading the document "Man, if only what this document says about Balian was true... Unfortunately the Balianese don't care about the restoration of the Empire at all!" he said before sighing in disappointment. "The ferrymen are either fools or liars. I don't know what's worse."

“Mercenaries are always hired by a lord or lady. I ponder what human royal sent them?” Ember asked from within her ship in her harbor, reading such missive in the captains quarters.

Spoiler

I thought the ferrymen were dissolved?

they like those homies that send retirement posts and then show up 2 months later as a prince of someplace