[Your View] Combat Lock

Spoopy_Duck

What should we do about combat lock?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about combat lock looking forward.

• Keep the rule as is
    • Keep it with an extended timer
    • Remove the rule entirely

xGntr9bxAMgenOzb2epo0Ka8Jj5koN-sF17pvPGIDkMWbyf61JGU6W7CGEG11038Ke7iysnn7bI2JRwqvZa6qYYk5zW0eCgQTWrymdkGiliSFLN_S6gmuNP4m2uqxiPyiRx-AD5yrFs_eCmcGeg1hYg

dcDx9t6jwUP6KnPQ4Et34h6vDs1aa2WuqgQL0zj_LQflO_o7ghVwcXzct147l8OC9xOoTMtYFEwl_RQ4FIo-BajORvjp6G781psfuBUk3VSVZoqYdEh0qoEv093mNvnziWVdaAuIKkJCKzt4QbLvkj0

Hello everyone! I am here today to bring you the first area of combat rules I would like to address.

Combat Lock has been recently a topic that I see popping up more and more in debate and discussion to whether it is a necessary rule and if the community actually wants it at this stage. For that reason here I bring you a small poll to gauge general community reception to the rule to see how we should consider it going forward. The options are simple as they are just remove the lock, keep it, or make a minor tweak in changing the time. If you have more you would like to say on the matter or other ideas please feel free to leave it in a comment or speak about it within the moderation discord.

https://discord.gg/RYdsFzc6hA

Sincerely, spurf.

xGntr9bxAMgenOzb2epo0Ka8Jj5koN-sF17pvPGIDkMWbyf61JGU6W7CGEG11038Ke7iysnn7bI2JRwqvZa6qYYk5zW0eCgQTWrymdkGiliSFLN_S6gmuNP4m2uqxiPyiRx-AD5yrFs_eCmcGeg1hYg

Keep it as is but extend it in capitals I think would be fair.

Needs to stay the way it is to prevent meta rally impossible to enforce meta rallying

Depends on how long timer's extended for. 20 minutes? 30? Imo, 15 is fine. I dislike metarallies, thanks.

Well while at it its good to note that the three emotes to ring a bell is too much with it in place, as it will take way over 15 minutes to ring the bell making them kinda useless
But eather way even in those 15 minutes you can likely meta rally I would have guessed as long as people respond quickly theres no point

For all comments mentioning specifics like capitals I would like to avoid that for two reasons.

What defines a capital? The build or the region, both are flawed.
Capital regions are not drawn to the city usually are just big boxes that sometimes can be way bigger
Capital builds is inconsistent as well what about the places like halflings who don't use walls what gauges in and out of the capital city

Yeah get it changed in cities, you shouldn't be able to do combat in the middle of a city without larger threat of reinforcements, doesn't really make sense to me as it is right now.

the middle poll option should be keep with change instead of just the 1 alternative choice of extending the timer. what the change is can be discussed by community

3 minutes ago, Spoopy_Duck said:

For all comments mentioning specifics like capitals I would like to avoid that for two reasons.

What defines a capital? The build or the region, both are flawed.
Capital regions are not drawn to the city usually are just big boxes that sometimes can be way bigger
Capital builds is inconsistent as well what about the places like halflings who don't use walls what gauges in and out of the capital city

Maybe instead the capital just when a guard would have the deffender defult in a given area, and I guess that would just extand to the entire city then and the really nearbyish areas

30 minutes and metarally = 1 week ban

5 minutes ago, Bonito said:

the middle poll option should be keep with change instead of just the 1 alternative choice of extending the timer. what the change is can be discussed by community

This poll is meant to be a simple baseline on what direction things should be looked at regarding this rule, can get more detailed with it later mostly just wanting to see if the rule should be kept vs removed.

Overall, I think CRP Lock is fine the way it is right now. Though, if it is to be changed, I think it would be fine if it was made so if combat was happening within a City, then the timer would be extended. You could define a city as a place where there's a region put down for either a Capital or a Vassal (or lair). If the players start their combat outside the Capital/Vassal/Lair region, then it follows the 15min rule. I think this would work well because it would make it so Bells are actually usable

Also, anyone can check if they started in one of the listed regions by using /rg info so there's no confusion. It would also go based on the rule of when "any party begins an emote with the intent to pursue combat"

Staggered emote entry into CRP is the king of this so someone can potentially kill and run if the reinforcements don’t arrive

CRP lock at the very least altered if not removed entirely. Wandering into the city, starting a fight and managing to win simply because the attacked party cant get help in their own city is very silly, you reap what you sow.

You try starting conflict in a city? Expect to be mobbed as you should be. 
Like if you complain about being mobbed when you attack someone in a city its honestly a massive skill issue on your part, like a certified L bozo move.

Either extend the timer (Just kicking the issue down the road)

Or make it so that the defending party (in cities or settlements) can get reinforcements without issue.

Having something like this is just asking for people to exploit it, if there is the issue of meta rallying, cant mods just run logs and police it better?