THE FAILURE OF HOHKMAT

"A fellow with no magic ran a magical kingdom? What a trickster! How impressive," chortled a half-drunk creature, rather amused at the soured Sul. 

3 hours ago, Johann said:

"I aint reading allat but who would've thought putting egotistical magocrats in charge of government was a good idea?? Just stick to scheming in ivory towers or colluding with spooks in evil lairs y'all do that far better...", remarked an impartial Acaelanite wizard passing through Hokhmat.

An Acaelanite anti-mage surveys the letter and contemplates how to amplify his warding powers to keep quarreling wizards at bay. He concludes to hunt for his cherished May to practice the way of positive tayna.

Juniper’s anger boiled within her. There were no words to describe her raw hatred. “So that’s why he sought to kill my best friend…. A coward and an idiot.” A venomous hiss escaped her. Juniper then called forth some poor courier from the Kaethul palace, and had them pen a few letters while she seethed.

From beneath a rotting veil, a cackle echoed through the abyss. "Good on you, Sully. . . I really ought to pay him a visit." Mused the Fallen Princess. 

"I don't like where this is going." - Sarah Artenin.

After his exploration with his comrades, the elder mage sat down at his desc and began to read through letters and missives aside. However, upon reaching this one, he could not help himself but release a small burst of chuckles, as he spoke through them "Playing gods with ne even a sliver of magic aye? Tis a Jester! Ne a sorcerer." he said, gasping for air as he truely found the situation amusing as he called in one of his students so they could share a quick laugh.

"The sky is blue, water is wet. Razhad has never been suited to lead an Enclave of Magi. Who'd have thought?" Remarked an Ivory-Haired woman in a sarcastic drawl. Upon completion of a second read through of the missive she reached for her letter parchment and penned a missive for her long-time friend.

Spoiler

Dearest Sully,

Get fucked. You Girlbossed too close to the sun.

If you need assistance do let me know. It's been far too boring without any good Mage drama.

Signed,

Thessalia Elverhilin

"Haha, Hohkmat? More like Honkmat." Commented a racist priest, before handing the missive to another racist priest.

@Borin

A dusty old hat, lies lax under some forgotten crypt with naught to do but ponder. Arcane sentience bestowed by a long passed Master, did allow it to regale a centuries old proverb.

”Magi build their towers of Knowledge so high, that they forget their foundations are based in mud. . .”

Lucia Avila would look over his old friends letter with a lofted brow. "Damn, that's crazy." He then proceeds to sip his tea. 

The Void-Stalker sat within in her home, holding the missive penned by her own husband in her hand. With a little shake of her head she tossed it aside to rest on her table, alongside her other recent letters.

"I am ne surprised," she mutters. "But the fact he could be so bold to not only be racist towards myself, but to now belittle my beloved - a mage that surpasses this pretender in every way." The 'aheral clicks her tongue before she reclined back in her seat. "I hope to see this pathetic excuse of a mage removed from his throne of lies; he's stepped on his betters for too long."

"ALRIGHT BRUDDAHS, RAIDING IS BACK ON THE TABLE!" The uruk loudly exclaimed to his clan "LET'S GOOOOOOOOO"

The Lubba smirked  “So much has his superiority complex done for him. He is a fool indeed.”

17 hours ago, Mr. Etan said:

A large Mali'aheral would stand in his forge down the mountain from the city, a cigarette slowly burning away between his chapped lips as hot metal was resting on the Anvil. He read the missive that was delivered to him by a member of his House, soon a hoarse chuckle left the smoker's dry throat. "Magery and Politics never mixed well did it. It's much like a play that keeps coming back by every generation and every time no one likes it, saying how the last play was better."

Let me see that, brother. " After he was done reading, a much skinner mali'aheral would take the missive out of his brother's hands as an annoying, younger brother would. His eyes scanned over the whole document quickly. " Fool? " He said in the midst of his reading. His tone held disbelief at the choice of words he considered far too polite to describe the likes of Razad. More like liar... Any pathetic, master manipulator who feeds others misinformation for his own gain is a straight up liar" He gave the missive back. " And I hate liars... "

A certain mali'aheral had received the missive, having it arrive in her home in Celia'nor. Reading through the missive with pale green eyes on a small wooden desk in her room, a frown had crept upon her lips. Sulieronn was a friend of hers, and the elfess knew quite well that Sulieronn was a great mage and a formidable one at that.

The two had fought side by side when they attempted to siege one of the fortresses of the feared Harrower. Sulieronn had done well in fighting off the minions of the monster, as well as protecting both herself and the rest of the group. She recalled distinctively there was at least 25 to 30 of those mindless minions, many heavily armored and attacked their group specifically by tens. Sulieronn was able to kill a significant number of them, even killed 4 of them at once.

Did Razad realize that fact? Perhaps he didn't, or perhaps he did. Either way, even a fool knows better than to turn their back on Sulieronn or throw him away, when he was probably one of the strongest mages in that nation. The elfess gave a sigh, her voice portrayed a tone of concern.

"Whatever good intentions he may have had, may be gone or perhaps corrupted. I only hope that 'King' doesn't lead his students or his men to an early grave with his greed and thirst for power." The elfess commented to herself.