Tell me about your Characters

Unwillingly

9 minutes ago, Telanir said:

Billy has a deep gratitude and respect for the earth. He nourishes the soil that nourishes him in return…participating in that cycle of life is an honor!

but if he respected the earth he'd use a sharper hoe... because a dull hoe causes much trauma and damages the health of the small plants and nutrients in the dirt :O

1.  I started Hareven back in May 2017, a little after Jberg went boom. The intent was to meet up in Courland with some people I had talked to before hand and rp having been an adopted Dwarf by GOD fearing humans that just kinda worked the farms ala nexus but it was a nice start. Then well, jberg happened and Courland was dead. I then upscaled the age I intended to start at to 30 and me and @Riftbladestarted together as well as @Gammaand a number of others in mother ******* Sutica. We stayed there for a few weeks, got small property, and eventually started a Guild. This is probably about the time that what goals I had intended for Hareven started going off the rail. The goal never changed and still hasn't: own a tavern outside of the claim of any nation. Just a good roadside tavern. In the process I obtained land with the orcs, we rolled with them for months, we shifted back to Sutica for a bit til map end, I got a spirit blessing on accident, fought demi gods, turned druid, learned to rp so many many things I would have never done so if I didn't take the leap out of Sutica. Harevens started out as a simple grumpy dwarven fellow who know how to bind books, work a field, and wanted a tavern. Now he's a mess, but a nice mess. Through the ups and downs he's developed into a stalwart loon that finally got his tavern and still goes above and beyond supporting the people who have helped him over the years, with a family that loves him. 

2. Hareven doesn't really understand the concept of coin. People think this is a meme but from the backstory of what family was supposed to take him in at Courland they just oocly gave their mina to the nation so they canonically didn't handle it often. This turned into a full blown mental schism as part of mental trauma after a Ectorius event back in Axios where he just became incapable of understanding how a sack of coins could cost a people their well earned home and belongings.

He doesn't like to be touched on the skin much, at best just brushing people away at worse, violently removing contact. 

Despite his druidism he still holds a fair bit of canonism in him, but at the same time doesn't pray to gods but to people. That's often the mutterings he begins when situations crop up.

Only reason he keeps his beard as short as it is compared to other dwarves, even after becoming not a dwarf, is he feels keeping it long would be disrespectful to actual clan dwed in Uruguan. 

His roundabout way of speaking is social anxiety; he's not wholly trying to confuse people when he says weird ****, he's just not entirely there sometimes unless it is work.

3. There are alot of these, not including the ones written in like Rifts and Gammas.

@TimberBuff main became Hares daughter through a long and heart wrenching series of events, as well as so many others that if I tagged them all I'd get yelled at. When Gammas horror turned descendent from the shelf, it was interesting watching them develop a father daughter connection

In regards to romance rp @TheIchorDruidand @OhDeerLord are the favorites, one of which was one of the most confusing but interesting paths I've seen, and the other a very slow burn of two very tired people being together for a whole 2 irl years. 

I can't recall a direct rival to Hareven but I did enjoy the rp of Hareven trying to hunt Shadow Druid down, and @_Sugs druid and mine have a very interesting respect/hate relationship that's always interesting to see play out.

I've got alot of interesting brother sister relationships. Evar'tir (Chase) is a good example of one of the weirder ones, @FloralHedgehogbeing a more standard bro code one. It's always lovely for @Luciloos Niv and Hare to snark at one another.

Overall he's a persona that knows a little bit of everyone and tries to appreciate everyone he has.

4. This ones hard to narrow down out of personal preference. Harevens hunting task for druidism he solo'd a wyvern after hunting one with his guild, has managed to survive toe-to-toeing some higher up creatures. Punched a Paleknight into pieces at the cost of more of his fist and forearm in Atlas for gearing up towards one of his daughters. In general I'm fond of any moment in a combat scenario where it's just a man with mens weapons and not magics or feats being used. Those are always the most badass and satisfying, they give me good cut-scene combat vibes, or a high quality anime fight scene. John Wick ****. Going in with a sword and shield and using your head to get out alive. 

5. Character Art?

Spoiler
  1. Gramp.jpg6-2.pngHareven_Half-body.pngdwarfelfthingtree.pnggrumpy_hare.pngCommission_68_sketch_bust.pngCommission.jpgHareven_com.pngadf.pngunknown.png

6. Anything else you'd like to talk about regarding your character? 

Not really! People think he's neat and I haven't gotten bored of him yet, and I hope I can achieve his True Ending level PK clause one day! Stories got to end eventually or it isn't a story!

1. How long have you been playing your character, and how have they changed and developed RPly? 

Have been playing my character for over a year now. Kallian has gone from a cranky and annoyed young elf to a more broken and layed back man as he does not get worked up that easily anymore. But even with this, he is a bit spiteful and jealous sometimes towards others and is manipulative when he needs something done. Kallian always strives to learn more for in his eyes, knowledge is power. 

2. What are some small nuances or details in your character that might not be so obvious to other players upon interaction? For example, I often use the hand movements of my snow elf to express certain metaphors or his state of mind.

My character always hums to himself while walking around from place to place with his hands always resting behind his back. The humming is a tune that is comforting to himself and reminds him of a better past. 

3. Does / Did your character have a strong bond with another character that you found to be memorable based on what it was founded on? (Characters who had a brotherly relationship, romantic, rivalry, etc.)

When Kallian was young, he once got injured by some bandits on a road in Arcas. He made his way over to the clinic of Sutica where he encountered a medic, Leyu. There he passed out and woke up being tended to his wounds. Leyu and Kallian eventually started dating, got a child and married. While it was great for the both of them, over the years the two slowly became broken through events in their life and became more spiteful towards each other. They broke up on many occasions, divorced, fought and at times hurted each other. 

They never really expected to get back together at one point but they tried and didn't really fail because they fought, but because Kallian could not see it work anymore. Now they have just become friends, no romance and they are both happier now. Visiting their  daughter and helping out with making dinner.

4. What's the most badass thing your character has ever done?

Kallian has traveled straight to the Nether at one occasion where he explored beyond what any other person has done before with his group. Fought tons of creatures, traveled to some different realms and at one occasion talked a Barrowlord, big dark magic spook boss, into leaving Kallian alive after walking straight into their lair. 

5. Character Art?

https://imgur.com/a/CqpVcCL

- Beryl Jasper Carrington -                                                

Spoiler

1. How long have you been playing your character, and how have they changed and developed RPly? 

I've been playing Beryl Carrington now since early September or October 2020 to now, while that might not seem like much compared to the titans who've played the same elf character for several years straight now, he still stands as the longest character I've played on the server, all the prior ones being PK'd or shelved early given my lack of experience with the server. I longed to play a Carrington for a while ever since I'd encountered them on my first ever human character, and eventually became friends with the awesome dude that is @Heffduring my time there, who was nice enough to let me play the kid of his eccentric playwright, Peridot Carrington- who was an amazing character for sure. and I leaped at the opportunity. Fast-Forward to now, I have a grown Beryl Carrington in his late 30's, who's niche I decided was going to be working with science, arts, and research, a real proper scholar and inventor type character. Founded a museum with the Northern Geographical Society, met strange and wonderful creatures, explored extraordinary locations, and uncovered his own fair share of secrets. Absolutely love what I've done on him, and love the character development and curious, eccentric personality I've been able to create for him, looking forward to play him for a while longer and seeing where his next expedition takes him.

2. What are some small nuances or details in your character that might not be so obvious to other players upon interaction? For example, I often use the hand movements of my snow elf to express certain metaphors or his state of mind.

For Beryl, personally I've tried out a number of individual personality quirks and details with him, depending on his current mental state, and how he fares at the time of interaction. However one I've noticed myself sticking with is the fact that after he'll make a remark or comment, he'll click his tongue once, almost for assurance or in place of a full stop to note that he's finished with a particular conversation. He also tends to let his gaze wander, being proficient at multi-tasking, and of course his ability to fire off questions instantly- he's a real inquisitive type, that one.

3. Does / Did your character have a strong bond with another character that you found to be memorable based on what it was founded on? (Characters who had a brotherly relationship, romantic, rivalry, etc.)

I've had a few great relationship dynamics with Beryl, which greatly has improved his character development in many ways. Even though he mainly keeps his opinions to himself, to pick a few I especially love the incredible dynamic he had with his niece- Rhea Alexandrina d'Arkent, played by the brilliant @Monaaa- who was almost like his first child, who he constantly looked after and taught whenever he had the time, one of my best memories irp with her was him playing chess with her for the first time, very sweet. As for romance, he's not had much experience but briefly was in love with a much higher class of person than himself, and while they did not end up together, the experience of working through that time in Beryl's life was excellent to play as well.

Not much to be honest, there's still a lot I could stand to do- but as I said earlier, his greatest achievement would've been the founding of the NGS Providence Museum, and New Helen Antonia Public Library with his scholarly peers in the society. Definitely a proud time for him, and definitely one of the greatest things he's done yet- considering the affect it had on Imperial Society at the time, however the more I play him the higher chance something will eventually rise to take the mantle of "Most badass thing Beryl will ever do." so as always, this is definitely subject to change.

5. Character Art?

benjibot.thumb.png.bff2fab9aaa32a9d87e61dfe3e28eb98.png

Above is Beryl Carrington at the age of about 24, at the time I had the art commissioned by the incredibly talented @UnBaed, however as he gets older, there may be more to share as time goes on- hopefully.

Not really -  I'm always looking to expand his horizons and figure out where he'll go next, as it's in his nature to not always stay rooted to the same place, but definitely searching for new people to interact with, and form connections with via Beryl, and his name is out on the wind now, so anyone is always welcome to send him a bird for a chat.

Played for a burst at the start of 2020 up until ~May or June time when I got tired of playing, and then I've picked up playing over the last couple months off and on for a day or two a week. Basically started off as a character to shoot the ****, get drunk in foreign bars, and PVP on.

2. What are some small nuances or details in your character that might not be so obvious to other players upon interaction?
Nothing in particular comes to mind. He was originally designed as a simple character, so I never put much thought into little nuances. That being said, he turned into an orc that's fiercely loyal to people that have 'proven' their competence, and fiercely opposed to anyone whose actions he sees as incompetent.

He also likes a bit of a giggle innit.

3. Does / Did your character have a strong bond with another character that you found to be memorable based on what it was founded on?

With the orcs being a small enough community, everyone practically knows each other fairly well. That being said, he formed a fairly strong bond with Fiil'Yar, who basically advised him through a lot of the time when I actually played him.

Becoming Rex is fairly high up there, but admittedly it was during a time when orcs were lacking concrete leadership and during a losing war, so it wasn't hugely difficult beyond a certain point. Beyond that, while Rex he gave up his arm to end the war with the Dwarves and spare the lives of Orcs who, in his mind, were practically just bodies being thrown at the front lines. Pretty short-lived Rexdom to be fair, mostly because I entirely lost drive to play soon after taking up the position.

If you really, really wanna read more, then take a look at this.

Nah not really. Just a big ol' green man.