REMEMBER TO REMEMBER

Masouri

Laurentina, who had once feared those men she considered bandits, now lamented them being disbanded. It was an odd world, surely, but the lady could not help but to be grateful to those brave (and handsome) ferrymen that saved the Empire from defeat in its darkest hour. A tear was shed as she uttered: "Stay based, Ferryboys."

"Forged on coin and blood, ending in glory and golden mountains. What will I do now, Captain? Few want a woman dedicated to mounted warfare in their courts, fewer care if I live or die. Is it time now to settle.. or is it time now to sour and plague the roads..?" Pondered Caderina, lost at the news, from atop a mound of pure coin, taller than many a high-backed chair.

A distant ally offered a faint, bittersweet smile. “They ended their reigns as winners.” Mused Valindra from her bed. The elfess was left frail at this moment in time, cared for by those she cared for most. “It… also means the one member I despise is no longer out of my reach… When I overcome this temporary ailment, they shall know my anger.”

Emiel van Aert read the missive, dropping the paper and digging his face into his palms.

Mohammed (Jesus) Pablo crouched down like a feline atop of the Providence rooftops, his eye shadowed eye's surverying the city streets from under the bandana that covered his identity. "I am Justice."

Lavi Igne'sae donned the teal bandana, tightening it around her head. She placed a tomahawk back in her belt loop and hopped on the back of her mighty steed. "One day I will return to pick up my blade once again, but when I do I am bringing Lyulen back with me." She rolled up the missive and made her way into the artic tundra to find her missing friend. 

Andeas Mareno would lean back into his chair and reminisce about battles fought would let out a relived yet saddened sigh and would cast a bright smile thinking of all the friends he made.

A Hyspian would look at the missive only to throw it into the fire "Freedom fighters, sure, more like terrorists" She says before returning to her work

Rolf Perea, a Myrinian and Mareno loyalist, released a soft sigh as he read the missive. Unlike his counterparts, he had settled down quite some time ago. He had married, had two children, and found purpose in Savoy. Yet, his heart still ached upon reading the missive.

"Darling, Dinners about ready!" came the call of his beloved wife, and the man released a soft sigh.

"Coming, dear." replied Rolf as he turned to head inside inside the hut he called a home. "The End of an Era"

A certain halfling tilts their head at the missive. "Hmm... tell me this 40 some years ago and I would have rejoiced... Now... I'm not so sure..." A hand travels to the back of their neck where a deep scar lay, nearby the one across their back... They think back to the friends they had lost to the Ferrymen, but also the friends they gained... sort of. Well, aquaintences maybe. Ehhh.... "Well, boys... you certainly were great. Not good but... great none the less. You'll be.... missed...???" She takes the missive and throws it into the flames before them, letting their memories and legacy burn away, rising up to the stars... and there lay the ashes. Phoenix banners fluttered around them, and they muse to themselves... "Who will rise?"  

Spoiler

Really well-written post though. Almost got me sad :,)

There is no war in Ba-sing-se. 

There is no magic in Lubba's keep. 

There is no basement in Stone Tower.

The elfess purses her lips as she read the missive. "With what bastards and headache they were, greatly. I don't think there could be another Ferrymen, and I give them that much. But is it really over? Or one big set up to something else." She says with a squint  to the missive and would turn to fold it away looking out the window to Elysium a bit unease with all the events occurring as of late.

A ferrymen fangirl sobs as she puts her bandana in her drawer for good.. 

Diomé Indoren dropped a lockbox containing his bandana to the bottom of the ocean and looked across his small boat to his friend Anthony ( @Milenkhov). "Well, we simply won."

Bogdan lowered his head as he sat on the hill infront of the stone tower , he'd lift the bandana down as he then began slowly walking out of the lands of Almaris , looking for a new adventure or perhaps take a break

Hekkaes Goldhand, the Clan Father of the Goldhand clan looked at the missive, slowly shaking his head at the news that the sails of the Ferrymen have finally been lifted. The dwarf, once in charge of the dwarven national treasury, remembers the deals and the many times he has worked with the great ferrymen, a tear shedding upon the cheek of the once mercenary dwarf "O' gods, et felt like et was just yesterdae' dat t'ey were battlen' Oren fo' da foirst time at da gates ov dwedom. Farewell Ferrymen, mae' da Brathmordakin watc' ova' ye 'nd yer folk, fo' all ye 'ave done wuz tu just deliver justice." the dwarf sighed before looking at one of his older documents in which the Ferrymen were granted land upon the steps of dwarfdom.

Michael Fahrenheit sheathes his blade, taking off his bandana while looking at the Ferrymen hold "Well lads, all good things must come to an end." he says before going to change into commoner clothing as he'd make his way to a city.