OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR | To Veletz

Werew0lf

the Okarir'sil of the Haelun'or Sillumiran wonders why the human church is naming Veletz as their ally, Amathine. 

"They say you're anathema, Gaspard.

They say you're killing Canonists, Gaspard.

They say you're evil, Gaspard.

They say you're a draconic spawn, Gaspard.

How will you respond, Gaspard?"

Johanes van Aert says to his brother in the barracks as they get ready for another day of training before the 'big game.' @M1919

Spoiler

Lakers confident in D'Angelo Russell as starting point guard – Orange  County Register

1 minute ago, mothsthetic said:

Sir Wilford Reinhold lets out a small sigh upon seeing the missive, holding a golden rosary tight in his hand. “They have nae love fer GOD, as they claim tae serve. Th’ things they do- an’ threaten tae do tae those they hold prisoner… I cannae imagine how they sleep a’ nigh’.” The Knight mutters, shaking his head as he remembers his kidnapping.

Sir Atticus Reinhold gives a slight, contemplative hum in response, staring out from the fortified walls- His gaze shifts northwest. “In issues of morality- More often will men seek justification, as opposed to reflection.” He rests steepled fingers on the ramparts, unfamiliar armaments weighing heavy on his shoulders. “They believe that GOD will sanction their brutality, because they cannot envision a world in which they are not GOD’s soldiers.”

His eyes cast aside then- Back to the man holding the rosary. “… And some use it as a shield. Knowingly, with the intent of deceit, and corruption.” Atticus turns his attention back to the northwest hills. “Neither shall be allowed to continue.”

"So is it decreed, and so is it done. May GOD have mercy on their souls." Came the public reply of Valindra Nullivari, devout canonist of over two centuries. Where once she would have felt wrath, she felt only pity. Hours were spent in churches across the dominion of man, praying for their redemption.

Behind closed doors, Valindra's reaction differed greatly. "Shit." She huffed.

“To think this all could have been avoided, and quite different, if you’d simply asked nicely.” Safely within her home, and not held captive by Gaspard or forced to sign legal documents, Renilde enjoyed some piping hot earl grey tea. 

"I remember the day Hurin and I were married. . ." Seraena, the Princess of Malinor commented on her engagement to her now-husband.

"Perhaps it is time we renew our vows. It started with a Canonist priest, and we shall continue to be wed under the eyes of God." 

She too, was a Canonist elf, as Hurin is himself. Though, she did find it quite funny to see his name in such a missive. Regardless of his status, she did not care much for Canondom as he did. It mattered not. 
@Milenkhov

A certain Numendil princess was a bit surprised nobody noted THE ANATHEMA's photo underneath. It seemed that Gaspard was certainly built different. A low whistle blown out.

Though, she showed her sister, Tar-Caraneth, the missive to keep her updated on the state of affairs for: World War Aevos.

180 The LETTER ideas | lettering, lost art, woman reading

(edit: i added a picture)

Juli'el Chono looks over the information, pleasant smile remaining on their face as they took in the information.

"False..." spoken calmly to themselves at the first lie noted in this report.

Chuckling softly to themselves after they'd finished reading it, they'd turn and leave the office without another word.

This was no more hostile than The Church had been to them, personally, the entire time they were in Veletz.
So... nothing has changed.
Wonderful.

B8ZIgcl.png

Jormunharr Ingmornesson looks forward to an easy supply of Lifeforce in the upcoming battle.
Mercenary work is has its benefits.

"Now this brings back memories." Mariya Karenina van Aert mused as she read the names of her son and husband. "Does this really even mean anything anymore?" She'd ask her husband later that night. 

@Nectorist

47 minutes ago, Phersades said:

"Now this brings back memories." Mariya Karenina van Aert mused as she read the names of her son and husband. "Does this really even mean anything anymore?" She'd ask her husband later that night. 

@Nectorist

Johanes shuffles the deck of cards and deals them to her as they sit beside the fireplace late into the night.

"I wish."

Halston is delivered the missive, handed directly by Brother Gerard soon after the raid on Veletz by Haense. Halston would sigh after reading and look up with a saddened frown, a face that portrayed his grief and understanding.

"I believe.. sometimes that the Gaspard that walked through the doors of The Monastery that sits upon the peak of Lemonhill is no more. He is a man changed, bound only by his view of honor.. I once asked a wise and holy man;

'Be you so poised against horror and cruelty that you cannot see a real piece of honeyed candy before your eyes?'
and so he responded in kind
'Take a bite before looking and you'll find out rather quickly if its pastry or poison.'

I now know what Father Alexios meant, for I took a bite, savored the sugary exterior until its poison filling dripped down my gullet.
I do hope I am wrong, I do hope I confused the bitter taste of poison for the sour taste of lemon, I do hope that man I had considered my friend seeks penance, I do hope for Sir Gaspard."

Halston passes Gerard back the paper, leaning back in his office seat within the blessed Castle Priory of Saint Jude, where once Castle Blackvale stood, a disappointed face about him.

"I believe the words of the Saint High Pontiff the first of Judeberg; Mercy, Mercy is at the heart of the gospel."

He'd pause for a moment, reading over the names once more.

"What in the world did Sir Etho do? My Brother in Horen, He is the most devout flock I know. Do we blame those for keeping their oaths, is that in canon law? I should read over it again.."

Edited by FashionBeard

5 hours ago, FashionBeard said:

Halston is delivered the missive, handed directly by Brother Gerard soon after the raid on Veletz by Haense. Halston would sigh after reading and look up with a saddened frown, a face that portrayed his grief and understanding.

"I believe.. sometimes that the Gaspard that walked through the doors of The Monastery that sits upon the peak of Lemonhill is no more. He is a man changed, bound only by his view of honor.. I once asked a wise and holy man;

'Be you so poised against horror and cruelty that you cannot see a real piece of honeyed candy before your eyes?'
and so he responded in kind
'Take a bite before looking and you'll find out rather quickly if its pastry or poison.'

I now know what Father Alexios meant, for I took a bite, savored the sugary exterior until its poison filling dripped down my gullet.
I do hope I am wrong, I do hope I confused the bitter taste of poison for the sour taste of lemon, I do hope that man I had considered my friend seeks penance, I do hope for Sir Gaspard."

Halston passes Gerard back the paper, leaning back in his office seat within the blessed Castle Priory of Saint Jude, where once Castle Blackvale stood, a disappointed face about him.

"I believe the words of the Saint High Pontiff the first of Judeberg; Mercy, Mercy is at the heart of the gospel."

He'd pause for a moment, reading over the names once more.

"What in the world did Sir Etho do? My Brother in Horen, He is the most devout flock I know. Do we blame those for keeping their oaths, is that in canon law? I should read over it again.."

Gerard's gaze locks onto Halston, a fervent passion burning in his eyes. With righteous zeal, he declares, "We shall pray fervently, beseeching GOD to guide them back to His divine light! His mercy knows no bounds, but they must choose the righteous path, for it is the duty of the lost to seek GOD before they can be found! May our prayers be a beacon, illuminating the path of redemption for those who have strayed, and may they turn away from the darkness to embrace the eternal radiance of GOD's grace!"