The Magic Commission Report

Bishop Villorik idly panned through the report from lantern-lit quarters in the Basilica. 

In truth, he was somewhat disappointed by the venerable Father's research; cementing ecclesiastical policy on the basis of unnamed Elven witnesses seemed troubling to him - Elves were rarely vested agents of the Light.

He set it aside with a wistful grumble. With any luck, His Holiness might call an ecclesiastical council for reports like these.

“The flock is in of itself heretical, they have darkspawn within their herd- Forbid us all you want, the day always come when you beg for our help.” Sofiele seemed rather annoyed over the missive, she knows the church are just darkspawn lovers.

Deep within the ever expansed forests, upon the tree a lone shaman had been offered such a notice. One given to by a close friend, by the time they wandered off Gus had already started to read upon the Declarations of cannonism. But broke out into a proper laugh. For a moment, he took the moment to plume out some smoke from a cigar, as Gus soon spoke to himself, the lone shaman only offering his ramblings.

"It seem's the church had forgotten that it is not the prayers and priests that save their people, not when the Mori took over Almaris. The destructions of Arcas, Nor realize that such prayers do not save them from the necromatic blights or Naztherek's curses.... They cast aside the decendent's who bear such a hidden risk...Druids, shamans, even Paladin's Have time and time again offered aid to such of Horus's decendents... All and all to be cast aside by a group who has yet to have their 'god' save them in how many issues... will they save their plague? or what corruptions draw next?... Though it is fine, if those of canonism wish to experiance what life is like without our types.. They will learn weather to regret such by their own hands."

The shaman said, as such the tress around offered a soft curl, as he only offered a hushed words in a anchient tone. He was curious how the faith of canonism will become. No doubt an interesting read.

1 hour ago, Sander said:

A woman by the name of Ilaria Des'nox, a known bearer of this Dark Art according to those of the Dark Elven settlement, had recently built numerous shrines in reference to a faith known as "The Shorewalkers", a faith practiced by those possessing this Dark Art. The King of Balian, upon speaking to him, was reluctant to remove this shrine despite my admonishment upon him that made it clear that this faith putrid heathenry. It is for this reason that it must be made clear to all laymen that this faith is extremely heretical and must not be tolerated to any extent. 

Wearily, an elf penned a letter to the one who published this notice.

To the Good Souls of Canon, those graced still by God's light and mercy,

I write to you in regards to a woeful misunderstanding that seems to be had amongst your clergymen, that being of the mistake in thinking The Shore is a faith, a religion.  I mean no disrespect upon the investigators of the Holy Church of Canon, yet if any where to have actually read any of my many writings of The Shore. . . Then they would understand that it is an ideology; a way of living.  Best described as a philosophy, with no requirement for one to commit themselves to damnation and commit sacrilege to follow.

These "shrines" that you've taken effort to have destroyed were not made in devotion to any higher being, nor were they constructed for any nefarious purpose.  They stand as memorials for the deceased.  The one in Balian you refer to had been constructed in honor of those who perished in the battle against dark forces with Cloudbreaker.

As I've written countless times in my published works, The Shore is a path the troubled seek to find redemption through penance; to rise above their sins and learn the quality of their souls that is so overlooked and underestimated by Aeriel in her judgement.  The Shore is a path encouraging love and compassion; to teach patience and care.

I believe your sources to be massively outdated, for it's been some years since I've constructed any memorials - and it's been many years since I've had conflict with those of Nor'Velyth.  My conflict between their old leadership was because I had refused to dedicate my self to the Ancestral Spirits; that I had instead chosen to devote myself to the souls around me in need of guidance and aid.  They could not accept that I would not become a Shaman, and resorted to hateful means of seeing me ran out.  Despite the strife I've endured from it, I still refuse to give into my own hate and curse them -- My path is one of patience and love, afterall.

I bear no hatred toward the Church for this grave misconception in regards to my integrity; fear and ignorance is an infectious plague that can consume even the most rational of minds.  How could I ever blame a soul for falling ill?

With this letter, I've sent copies of my writings of The Shore; I urge for you to read them and understand.

Ilaria Des'Nox

Spoiler

FOR THE LAST TIME

SHOREWALKING DOES NOT = MYSTICISM

No one can read

Tonito wandered around the Seven Skies for a long while recovering in spirit from another great fracturing of humanity.

”Oi Toni, get a look at this!” A friendly wayward spirit points to a hole in the clouds from where they traversed.

Tonito looks down….

”What es Animii????”

In his private quarters, Haus winces as words in a hellish tongue come into his view, dropping the paper atop his table as he rubes at his eyes. He quickly flips over the page, ponders the problem, and writes to the only man he can think of who might be qualified to handle this:

Bishop Villorik,

I hope you are well, admist the chaos that is once again, humanity. I write to you under a most grave understanding - within the Dark Magicks section, there lies a word that I cannot read, for it burns my very eyes and inflicts hot flashes upon my skin to simply read. Such discomforting text is a clear sign of Vile, Evil Tongues, ones that no mortal man could ever utter. 

It goes without saying, then - one of the Author's of this document is perhaps hiding in plain sight. I urge you as the last bastion of action within the Church to look into this mater, before such acts are raids of vile and hellish creatures occurs upon the rest of Canondom as it has Hohkmat.

Kindly,

Lord-Magister, Haus
Master of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat, Watcher of the Veil

@Xarkly

Spoiler

Cmon really calling every magic but kani by their forum name is lame.

Gob Ztabba-Zniffa furrows his brows "Wub da Zkah!? DA VOIDAL MOJO IZ HOZH!?" he almost passes out at the hypocrocy of the Church - He understands the ban on druids and shamans from their perspective, but making a deal with the ones abusing the unnatural that's hell bent on absorbing the world is too much for him. Aren't almost all calamities Voidal born!?

7 hours ago, Sander said:

A woman by the name of Ilaria Des'nox, a known bearer of this Dark Art according to those of the Dark Elven settlement, had recently built numerous shrines in reference to a faith known as "The Shorewalkers", a faith practiced by those possessing this Dark Art.

Somewhat bored of her country manor -- which had a plethora of servants at her will -- the (retired) Baroness Amelia of Virdain planned her next vacation.

“This report could use a better name,” Willem said to his sister as he read. “The magic lore subforum! Yes! That will do.” He begins to mark the various limitations of these conveniently organized magics with red lines, so as not to forget.

Elena of Joma, Paladin of the Morninglord and baptized Canonist would read over the Report with a scowl. "Compare us to Adrazi?!" She proclaimed. "How can you say that off of old interviews of 2 paladins you can't even remember the names of?!" She shook her head. "Incredibly disappointing, and frankly needs to be completely re-done."

23 hours ago, ellielove15 said:

Elena of Joma, Paladin of the Morninglord and baptized Canonist would read over the Report with a scowl. "Compare us to Adrazi?!" She proclaimed. "How can you say that off of old interviews of 2 paladins you can't even remember the names of?!" She shook her head. "Incredibly disappointing, and frankly needs to be completely re-done."

"Compare us to paladins?!" Said a Nephilim, far away, equally enraged as he read over the report. "This pontiff doesn't know what he's talking about! Allied with darkspawn? Bah!" He shook his fist at the sky in impotent rage. 

"GOD SAID YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT ANYMORE" mocked a ravaged voice from private quarters, kicking a mug of ale from the table he stood upon.

On 2/11/2024 at 4:25 AM, ellielove15 said:

A solemn, humble farmer, living in poverty somewhere in the world, shouts - "Shut teh fook up, scum. Fear GOD, ya bastards."

24 minutes ago, Child Neglecter said:

A solemn, humble farmer, living in poverty somewhere in the world, shouts - "Shut teh fook up, scum. Fear GOD, ya bastards."

Aobh casts her fishing line, watching the worm sink beneath the surface of the river. "Shut the **** up you smell like wet dog you fuckin' loser." She'd retort to the man, taking another sip of her carrion black.