it dont matta

Jihnyny

It seems that every other week there is some controversy on this server 😭

But yeah I do feel like from personal experience there is a problem with moderators/admins responding to situations where they are needed. I have had a lot of incidents where I have needed the help of a moderator where either a moderator never responded to the situation or they took the ticket/report and didn't really resolve the incident.  I've had to reach out to administration about incidents that I have been involved in that would require administration or management review and typically I do get an initial response but eventually communication does break down. 

But also all of the admins and especially Itdontmatta have a lot on their plate to handle at all times. Itdontmatta has done a lot for the server and has been the best moderation admin in recent memory by far. More likely that not issues with upper management are probaly not resolved because the admins are to busy dealing with something else. 

This is absurd.

As someone who was on mod team, under matta, for over a year I find these constant back and forth roundabout situations to be disheartening. I hate the moral high ground preachy responses that a lot of people make, so I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

Anyone who has any kind of sexual link to LOTC, through characters, through consistently showcased behavior, or actions, should be banned from the server indefinitely. I'm sorry, I don't care what you were doing on your reddit account, or what your reasoning for using the same character you make weird fetish art of on the server for your rp is, it simply shouldn't happen.

Do not give these people the time to even breathe on this server, that sexual link should never exist in any capacity in a space with such a large population of minors. These people clearly cannot be trusted, and incidents throughout the server's history support this notion. 

Nobody should be making NSFW art of any character they actually play on main. Nobody should have their weird interests openly available to the public when they play this server. This is a place with a sizeable population of children, and its clear that grooming and sexual misconduct are rampant issues in our community.

Why we tolerate any of that, is beyond me.

Frankly, from what I personally saw of Crevel and Jihnyny's actions it amounted to nothing more than exposing the blatant sexual link that the player in question had with the character they WERE ACTIVELY TRYING TO APPLY TO THE SERVER WITH.

Keep it to yourself.

1 hour ago, Jihnyny said:

I understand some of moderation take these ‘signs’ into account, but ultimately it seems it dont matta. 

this was the cringest shit i've ever read, did u acc write that seriously

3 minutes ago, Twodiks said:

this was the cringest shit i've ever read, did u acc write that seriously

we are truly... the last of us

Screen_Shot_2023-02-22_at_1.09.45_PM.jpg

Also just to add a final note, if what the author of this post is saying is accurate then I am sincerely disappointed in Moderation.

If you as a moderator find yourself disagreeing with a moderation decision of this caliber, and your admin, or other admins, are acting in a way you find displeasing. 

SPEAK UP

The team will get absolutely nowhere if you don't voice your concerns in mod chat, and only in the private DM's of another player. 

Stop being cowards, Matta can't take your opinions into account if you don't give him your opinions.

@itdontmatta make a team of adults that aren't just mods that will investigate whether someone should be able to continue playing or not. Some mods are minors themselves, we shouldn't have to reach out to minors about adult issues. Either you take all reports seriously or you need to give the players a voice to make these decisions for you. There's plenty of safe adults on here to do this job for you.

I got no horse in this race, but the fact you have an Evangelion profile picture at age 17 and you're concerned about somebody's lewd bunny avatar on another site is a glaring moment of cognitive dissonance for y'all.

The amount of panty shots in Evangelion (the original and the Rebuilds) is enough to make the purest of Christian vestal-virgin pilled individuals go blind from the degeneracy. Bear in mind, the characters in that show are all drastically underage, and although it's intended to espouse Freudian psychological concepts & theory among other things, it's still by your own logic wholly inappropriate to partake in (from what you're espousing in the content of this post). 

Case-in-point, the hospital scene in End of Evangelion, Misato grooming Shinji, yada yada. I'd imagine the implications of that imagery are equally as bad as some decadent Furry avatar on another site wholly unrelated to LoTC altogether.

No horse in this race though to reiterate, I'm happy to fence-sit while degenerative LoTCers fight amongst themselves, and ToxicApple was always a spastic for sure, but I cannot help but feel like this pervasive form of outrage culture is bad for LoTC in the long run. 

Edited by RIGOR

12 minutes ago, Traveller said:

we are truly... the last of us

Screen_Shot_2023-02-22_at_1.09.45_PM.jpg

what are we? some kind of The Suicide Squad (2021)

Fr tho next time just handle this matter privately, and resort to taking it to a public space if absolutely necessary. 

I feel it would be very interesting and possibly beneficial to have a convo as a community about wider-knowledge of bans, ban lengths, reductions, unbannings etc, and whether said wider-knowledge among the community is in some cases in the public interest, and if so, when is it in the public interest?

18 minutes ago, MaltaMoss said:

or what your reasoning for using the same character you make weird fetish art of on the server for your rp is, it simply shouldn't happen.

retweet

8 minutes ago, Tigergiri said:

... hmm go touch grass 

My point proven. 

24 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

There was a similar issue with this with another player I won't name to prevent harassment; they made Fiver videos for LotC, I'll just say that.  That player is a mature adult and sold mature content off the server, but their username on the server matched their twitter handle - a simple google search of their name would bring you to their twitter, where you'd immediately see graphic content of them on their profile.

I personally don't care what they do as an adult, what bothered me the most was how easily accessible and traceable that content was just by their username alone--leaving it possible for anyone on the server to find.  If you're going to be on a server with minors on it, you should be obligated to change your username if its tied to incredibly mature content; AKA, nothing from LotC should be be able to be traced back to Rule 34

I think a simple addition/clarification of the rules would help with cases like these

NM I got a horse in this race. This is a good idea, and it should be instrumentalized immediately. @itdontmatta

Lack of communication with moderation team has been a reoccurring issue. Inconsistencies with responses from moderation or from Itdontmatta being either almost instantaneous or ghosted for weeks on end and then having to swap between moderators to actually get a response, and even then never actually getting one.

Hopefully this is better addressed in the future.