Happiness denied, even in death (Part one)

Upon hearing the news and the delivery of the letter, Cesar let out a gentle sigh. Another member of the family, his dearest aunt, passed away to the perilous oceans of war. Although the Viceroy's newly implemented eyes were not fully functional as of yet, he managed to read the contents of the letter. 

"Lo siento...tia...I couldn't protect you. I promise to make sure we have a home for us all. I promise to keep us all alive." He glanced towards the saber hanging by the wall in the throne room. 

"We fight for our people. We fight for you." 

Mikhail could only sink his head further upon the sight of the letter.  For once in his life, he had suffered true loss.  And from it, boundless tears sank to the wooden floor below him.  GOD had claimed an angel... and a mother was taken from him.

Amaya set aside the letter Veronica had written to her, gazing down at the river that encompassed Valdev's perimeter. Indeed, it was her life that Veronica wished to save, and the Queen cursed herself for her inability to swing faster during the fight, to save her comrade in turn. Still, there was naught to be done - for the war was not yet won.

"I will fight, Veronica. For you, I will not rest - not yet."

Someone was going to pay.

Edited by sarahbarah

Sofia of Hyspia had soon learned the news of her dearly departed sister. She was the last of the four born to her parents, though she was sure her time would come soon enough. Amidst her grief of losing the only sibling she had come to love dearly, she buried herself in many a wine from her collection. The Dowager kept to her quarters, the only sounds being that of another bottle ordered to her.

There was an aching emptiness in Konrad Stafyr's heart; one that was leftover from the agony of discovering his mentor's dead body. Their time was short together, barely lasting two years. Though it was during these two years that she had taught him some valuable lessons, including learning how to wield a sword. 

After Konrad had finally been able to compose himself, and they had been able to transport the body, Rosalind and Konrad found themselves in possession of the cloaks that had fallen off the Princess. In his hand, Konrad held the I-Lady Cloak that she had been wearing when she died: the only part of her he had left after she was transported off. To remember her by, and keep her memory close, Konrad would adorn the tattered cloak in her honor. 

And later, he would keep the letter he'd eventually receive close in his uniform. He would speak a promise aloud to the letter before storing it. 

"I'll remember your advice.. and training, comrade. I promise." 

Walter Weiss had received the letter, and sat upon his Vikomital throne in the empty halls of Novkursain late into the night.

His eye scanned over it, and he felt a pain in his chest. He never knew how to connect with his mother, and there were times it was easier to hate her than understand her. He was a terrible son. He knew that, and so he took no offense in her letter, for it was the truth. She knew him about as well as she might a total stranger.

Walter sank slightly in his throne. There was a part of him that always wished to be able to repay the genuine love and acceptance that she had shown him. Even when he hated her, she had only wished the best for him.

He was a terrible son.

That thought rang out in his mind once more. He hated her because he hates himself. In his mind, he concluded that she deserved better than she was given. Though, that was likely a thought most have at some point or another. He closed his eyes, and he tried to remember a time far back in years past, to a sunny coast with lilac flowers as far as the eye could see.

He wondered that one day, when death came for him, would she be there waiting for him?
He hoped, somewhere deep down in the emptiness of his heart that should he ever see her again, he would be able to love her as a son should.

His lips moved, "I'm sorry, madre.."

The throne room was empty, all except for him, and the silence continued late into the night.

Letter in hand, the redheaded drui sat within her home. A slow quiet breath escaped her with a sniff to follow. Amethyst sat there before beginning to sob, her free hand moving to cover her mouth as she read the letter. "I'll be sure to save you a seat llir..I wish you got to spend more time here with me. I hope you rest well.." The woman let out a soft sigh before shaking away her tears and going back to her day, knowing she had to push on.

Nikoletta Colborn would learn of her dear Tia's passing from her family, within the hushed whispers and silent tears that fell in Haense. She locked herself in her room for many days, only seeing her dear Lucia in that time.

"Ea never got to say goodbye to her..." She mumbled to herself, lifting a glass of carrion to her lips. "Ea hope she says hello to my mamej and papej. They could use some good company."

Glorier had been taking his time to finish up a few paintings, one of which was of Veronica, When the letter came being delivered by his wife, he stopped for a moment and put the brush down. Opening the letter, he froze in shock and silence, The Atelier was filled with a somber mood and the tune of music from the piano was melancholic, silent tears stream down from the Dark Elven's cheeks as he gripped onto the paper. What was the last conversation they had? maybe he should have stopped her that time and gave her one last lesson. . . . .

A cup of goat milk awaited Veronica in the seven skies. And from afar she could notice the aged Elia Eryka approaching with a warm smile. 

2 hours ago, DahStalker said:

A cup of goat milk awaited Veronica in the seven skies. And from afar she could notice the aged Elia Eryka approaching with a warm smile. 

Once Verónica had calmed down and her soul able to accept her fate. She gladly drank the cup of goat milk, giving her old dance teacher a big hug afterwards

In the vastness of the seven skies, Sierra Weiss, a departed soul, sought out her beloved sister-in-law. Spotting her in the warmth, Sierra approached, taking her hands gently.

"Welcome, Sestra. You're safe now,"

She said, embracing her warmly. Their reunion, bathed in the light of the comforting heavens. She was sad that the woman passed, but happy to have a friendly face to join her and her family in the beauty that was Sierra.

--

Upon hearing the news, A litlte Weiss seemed.. confused? What did they mean her Hauchmamej was dead? She was just there a few days ago. Reza found herself feeling a pain she hadn't felt before. One she didn't know the name of. She didn't know how to process, so the little lady would go sit with her stuffed animals in her room and try to explain what she was feeling. Her Hauchmamej was their friend too after all.  Once she finished explaining she tried to do the voice of the stuffed animals and realized it didn't sound right. It frustrated her. The only person who could do the voices right was gone. She was dead. And then all at once the small child began to weep loudly, clinging to the toys. 

9 minutes ago, Dinochad said:

In the vastness of the seven skies, Sierra Weiss, a departed soul, sought out her beloved sister-in-law. Spotting her in the warmth, Sierra approached, taking her hands gently.

"Welcome, Sestra. You're safe now,"

She said, embracing her warmly. Their reunion, bathed in the light of the comforting heavens. She was sad that the woman passed, but happy to have a friendly face to join her and her family in the beauty that was Sierra.

Verónica took Sierra's hands in her's and smiled brightly "Gracias for the warm welcome" and embraced her tightly.

Ser Audo Weiss sat in the dimly lit games basement of their - his - Valdev home. He took up the couch, laid across it as his arm draped over the side with a lifeless stillness as his gaze searched the ceiling for something of note. His unnatural gaze glowered as it always did, unforgiving and untelling of the mind behind them. Raising his arm, he brought his hand to his lips and, with them, a cigarette - a habit he'd given up many years ago. Holding the wisps for a moment, he gently huffed the swirled into the stale air. 

How long ago had it been since they met, on that ballroom floor? 

How long ago had it been since her quinceanera?

How long had it been since their wedding?

How long had it been since the twins were born?

How long had it been since they said they would travel?

The Paramount's gaze slimmed before it slid over the poorly-kept room. How happy he had been here - with her, whom cared for him so overtly, so unceasingly, when he could barely care for himself. It didn't matter whether he was loved, or hated and he had certainly bee everything in between. She was there. And now it was empty. For some time, her lack of return is something he'd known the worst of, and from then he merely waited confirmation. War was his life. Loss came with it. 

In public, all he need do was maintain appearances and do the duty that had devoured so much of his life.
In private, he mourned.

Upstairs, unopened Tuvsmas gifts sat upon the table, untouched.

To the side, upon the table now thick with dust, sat a carefully folded letter with a broken seal and a fresh marigold laid across it. 

~~~

Felyska simmered on the news. At first she didn't understand, and then she rejected it. And then she cried for the grandma that didn't judge her.
And then she was angry.

Never would she forgive those who took her family away.