The Greatest Days in Adrian History

Beamon4

"WE SMASHED YA BOYS!!" shouted Bjorn of Redclyf-Rozania over and over again as he and the men of Adria clashed with the coalition troops time and time again within the streets of Velec, cutting down soldier after soldier even when his armor and weaponry failed him. He stood proud over the dead bodies, drenched in blood and dirt as he mocked the fleeing Haensetis, Balianites and Aaunites!

"Average Adrian dub." Kelland, a man from Blackvale states, whilst he took hold of a whiskey bottle from a fallen Haenser and chugged it on the spot.

Archie Mareno makes a foot rest from the several dented helmets of men he'd slain, and sips upon some lemon-grass tea to soothe his voice after shouting for the great charge. He poured a cup for his dear friend John @Milenkhov as well.

Vanhart the Carrot staggered out of the smoke, plates cracked to uselessness, his hammerhead bent

"HOOHOO!" he rumbled, his throat scorched from the flames. "THEY ARE STRONG!"

He limped back to Reinmar, his greaves stained with mud and blood both, and grinned. A Knight sought glory in battling mighty foes, and there was no shortage of that on the horizon.

Lucien Ashford de Rouen would wander in the church where he and his men slaughtered the innocent militia of Haense. He'd sign the Lorraine Cross before exiting the holy place, heading straight towards the Princes Anchor pub.

Sweat dripped from her brow, her limbs weak but her heart strong. Nadine de Ruyter stood at the side of her brother, Manus de Ruyter. She felt she was fulfilling the role her ancestors left for her. She was continuing a story that never quite finished, but had only just begun for her. With this victory, she felt like a true Adrian Dog. 

"We are home, Manus. We shall fight until our last breath to protect it."

She went to tend to the soldiers' wounds, and eventually circled back to her eldest brother. 

"Remember, I am proud of you. You bring light to our name once more." @Capace

Manus de Ruyter shuffled around in Velec's square, poking through the bodies of the coalition that were strewn across the bloodied ground. His armor so beaten through the battle, that the set he ended with could not have been his own. "We're back." He'd state before retiring to his family manor.

Spoiler

"What a turn of events." Valyris remarked from her office with a slow nod of her head. "If anything, I am a woman of my oaths. A debt was repaid today."

[!] The Grand Inquisitor reflects upon news of Adrian victory from within the depths of the Balian Basilica. He sighs as he contemplates the various political and theological implications of the day's events. He finally musters up a few words. [!]

"GOD, let not your people continue to suffer the reign of the Anathema. Let your will happen through the proper means, and may we hear your voice to find the correct path."

[!] The knight then closes his eyes once more, losing himself in deep thought as he contemplates Canondom's future. [!]

Emerentia's armour, or lack thereof, bore the scars of her bravery, her trusty sword was bent asunder from the middle, leaving her to fight with nothing but her bare hands by the end of it all. Alongside her, the clash of swords and mellifluous war cries resonated throughout the walls of Adria. In the end, they emerged victorious - Another battle won.

Spoiler

image.png

Yves returns home from the war, his weary eyes scanning the familiar surroundings of his home. Despite the peacefulness of his surroundings, the phrase "WE SMASH YA BOYS!!" echoes through his mind, sending a shiver down his spine...

“Ah… So Heinrik ‘the hen’  flew back to his coop, eh? I expected such cowardice from one who betrays his King, his God and his very family. Not to fear, we’ll soon make scrambled eggs of his fellows.” A witness to the beginning of the trial would remark to her Koeng; thoroughly amused by her own egg puns. “Should I ask Grand-Oncle about changing my middle name? Henrietta is just the feminine equivalent of Heinrik in Auvergnat diaspora; and with the fact that the Anathema and I both descend from Sarkozic lineages it isn’t exactly the best for my public image, you know.”  She’d add thereafter, her tone still one of jesting.

@gusano

Ser Darius would have been taken out of the fighting by a good dozen arrows to the chest, nonetheless, he would have remained atop the walls of the Velec keep, keeping close attention on the battle until the decisive moment of victory came into the Adrian's hands and so they cheered. "Come back for your boys! haha!" 

Baldr frowns at the fact he missed the battle by only a single day, he congratulates his squire, John, for his work well done.