The Church's crimes

Lord-Magister, Watcher, and Blonde Mage supreme Haus awakens from the psionic disturbance of varying, argumentized letters. He rubs his forehead, muttering into the emptiness of his bedroom

"Blasted birds - I can hear them flying in my sleep. Awful things. Who would have that much mail to send?"

"A vampyre is discovered and forcibly cured, and she wails about fairness. She should have thought of her unborn children before she went and got herself bitten." remarked Rhys var Ruthern.

"You should of come to us  when you got it in the first place...." Sofiele exclaimed reading the missive with an eyeroll "At least the children will be fine in the skies where they belong. Now this woman not only made a fool of herself, but put herself in a target- honestly GOD must intervene

Knight-Sergeant Barend the Ruyter, Brother of the Holy Order of Saint Jude perks a brow at the horrid allegations. Conflicted between the righteous act of erasing the vampiric presence upon the Mortal realm and the truly godless act of murdering a child yet to be born. The Holy Ser seeking out the closest church and sank through his knees before the Lorraine cross "My Lord GOD" He spoke unto the cross "How can it be that a child, yet unborn, innocent of sin, Devoid of vice has to meet such a crushing price. How can it be righteous o' GOD. I beg you, Guide me through the precipice of Darkness and deliver me unto Light... Your righteous light." With those words, the Brother of the Order rose from his kneeling state. Signing the Lorraine over his chest and leaving the Church. That much more unsure if he truly was upon the enlightened path.

The An-Gho read through the numberless replies with great enthusiasm from the library halls of Tor-Praeth.

The Bishop put down his souvlaki as he saw yet another courier stop by the Parish mailbox.

Frowning, Alexios got up and went to the mailbox where a comical cascade of missives fell out.

With a sigh, the Priest grunted and picked them up and began reading them.

Brows furrowed at the details and the accusations being thrown about, the Bishop decided to first offer up a prayer for the soul of the deceased child and then pen a letter to the Order.

"O LORD, remember first your people who art thy inheritance..."

He muttered as he lit incense and picked up his quill.

Spoiler

To Beloved Holy Ser Gerard,

Firstly, my beloved Orderman, it has been too long! I hope you and the rest of your compatriots are doing well. I have long missed your presence in Winburgh since you relocated due to the War. I pray for the success and stability of your Order for as long as GOD chooses to grant us that grace.

Secondly, there has been a large quantity of missives bearing your address going about. As you well know, most Clergy have copies of relevant Church matters copied and delivered to them. Imagine my shock at seeing something as inflammatory as 'The Church's Crimes,' appearing at my door. I reckoned one of my long suffering Adrian laymen had taken up the pen-sword again, at first.

Take heart, Gerard. I know how it feels to be slandered, to be persecuted, and to be mocked. GOD knows it as well and he will reward those who suffer in his name. Take your solace and comfort in him. Continue to uphold his Laws and his Covenants and remember this first in your heart,

'If the whole world is against truth, then I am against the world.'

If it should be however, that you acted rashly or with cruelty I would advise you and all your Brethren to remember that most pious of quotes from the Righteous and GOD fearing Saint Jude whose name you bear:

'Mercy, mercy is at the heart of the Gospel.'

With great paternal love and uncountable prayers,

His Grace Alexios, Bishop of the Diocese of Saint Arpad.

Maeve Galbraith read over the missive with disinterest. The teenager mused. "It is a shame she lost her unborn child, certainly. It is an even bigger shame she blames the church for her inability to keep it safe. If she was turned before her pregnancy, she has no one to blame for it but herself that she became with child while infected."

Meanwhile Phoibe Halcourt read over the letter with a large frown on her face. "Poor Sandra! How could they do such an awful thing to her?" 

On 2/4/2024 at 7:12 PM, Nymstra said:

[A formal response is pinned at the bottom]

To Whom It May Concern

The Department of the Justiciero has taken a copy of this missive as evidence in order to decipher what crimes will be brought forth against the Order of Saint Jude and its members, if any are to be discovered. Those involved will be brought in for questioning, at the discretion of the Justiciero.

wlMk1qg30F5MZu6zMf7N64nz93wRABqGop6-3RwsFsPJu-gg-NZhRovycpK5A595dvWdFvEcuy2iOFeWJT3UzS0sujUvMBQxvwQBU6aLYSl3d_4pKCbjwbKoZ-_UAHRbAlLESQQaFDW082e2MyZ4Fp0

Signed,

HIS EXCELLENCY, Demitrey Denodado

Viscount of Banderas, Baron of Sevilla, Justiciero de Hyspia, Oficial de Imigracion, Patriarch of House Denodado, Captain of the Opal Odyssey

Yr-Solheim of the Kwee'Hayastaani, also a paladin, approves of this immensely.  "This woman is a victim. Someone who willingly comes forth to be cured should never be shamed!"

A brown and curly haired woman in red would stop suddenly upon viewing the missive. Placing a few alchemical herbs into her bag; she'd scan over the parchment with full attention. Smiling at the details and the potential for more conflict, she'd snicker and write a missive of her own, posting it next to the flyer. 

"The Church and their followers have been enveloped by evil for Centuries; it is typical that this behavior happens; justified by a whim.. Swept under the rug like dirty politics and the victim bastardized and shamed for even daring speak publicly against the Church... 

Blames the victim for having been turned in the first place when Vampyres are getting more and more crafty in their choosing of prey; a pregnant woman.. What better target? Yet it is her fault.. The evils of the Church are recognized; albeit the light that they so follow after has blinded themselves to the evils that they commit. The Creator must be shaking where he lazily sits; watching his 'people' commit such treasons against him and his commands.. It is sadistic and twisted, Iblees having full hand in their tactics and measures..

When shall the Church be blamed? When shall the Church walls collapse from the pressure of the raw fury and anger of the public? Why are you Humans afraid of the Church when they are so few.. And you Humans are so plentiful? 

Do yourselves a favor... Repeal the Church and all whom Govern it; for they have tasted of the corruption of Power and their souls have been stained by the blood of the innocent.. Make them pay for the spilling of that innocent blood; for they are just as wicked as the Darkspawn that they so profess to hate and wish to eradicate. See the hypocrisy of the Church and their evil through their works and actions, see that they are not peaceful, remorseful nor are they humbled or merciful... But they are ravenous wolves awaiting an excuse to prey upon those who they consider below them... 

You Humans are nothing more than living and breathing slaves to them.  There is a reason why they decorate their Churches... To cover the sins that they commit within."

With that.. The woman up and walked away; as if she was never there.

"Thereh areh naeh 'Holeh' knoights, 'Umreh onleh careh aboot faith when et beh toimeh taeh declareh war." Remarked the Grand King of Urguan.

Father Nerium sat in his boudoir, reading the stack of regular missives he had tirelessly trained an obese cassowary to cart to him, regularly assaulting any who would deprive it of its precious cargo, and (though he did not know this) small children it simply did not appreciate the sight of. He pulled a fresh one from the stack while he brought to his lips a modified vertebrae, steaming with what the dwarves called an 'espresso', brewed with only the finest Lumbridge Lum-beans and likely the only luxury coffee in the universe. As he sipped on his friend's remodeled and repurposed bone, reading with a casual swiftness, he at once spat across the page as his eyes bulged from their sockets like soggy, peeled grapes. They bulged out, nearly trembling with shock, nearly popping out so that they could've dangled pitiably about his chin and clacked together like some absurd children's toy, but.. of course that didn't happen. He was positively shaken! What a terrible thing to occur!

Yet, he did not fear, for he had faith in the righteous men of  Saint Jude's that it was all a fiction.

"What an unfortunate situation. This begs a question, if god is so good, powerful, and loving, and so perfect, why do these bad occurrences happen? Isn't god supposed to be a force of good?" Norido questions his trust in the church.

Lalina shook her head upon reading the missive, the young woman bore a heavy frown as she spoke to herself in her room. 

"I hope the church punishes these men... She even wrote she was bitten whilst pregnant. It is not her fault she got bitten at such a vulnerable time, she did not ask or choose this. She even said she wished to give birth before she took the cure to ensure the survival of her children. A shame there are men and women willingly defending these misguided churchmen who did this to her."

Sitting by a fire an young Hyspian would read the missive. He would feel his heart ache when reading this woman's testimony, he would feel something inside him, calling him to help this poor woman and let her seek the justice she deserves. 

Thus this aspiring young lawyer would take the time to pen an letter to the poor woman 

"Though nothing can replace the lost you have endured, nothing can make you forget. I pray that you can find some semblance of justice for the loss of two innocent lives" 

Signed,

SAUL SANTIAGO: ATTORNEY AT LAW

Spoiler

image.jpeg.58a7908caa66828cdc85f35f5b5ac7f2.jpeg