Esfir, though she had not known her great-uncle very well, still felt a pang of grief in her heart. He had been quirky, sure, but he was family, and Esfir knew the grief that accompanied the passing of kin far too well. That night she curled up in her room, holding close mementos from her departed loved ones, and cried for the deceased wizard.

Razad had not passed a even a year ago, and in eternity he was fighting a thousand glorious magical battles in the heavens, in continuous Kaggath against his enemies. 

But he paused in his current conquests, a ripple sent across whatever real space he did exist in, pausing to think of the Old Professor. A strange interruption, he thought, that the wizard whom he had found a kindred spirit should suddenly cross his mind - was Amador trying to scry him? Truly, we must continue our conversation where we left off...

Zzzrack! The thunderous crack of an enemy  lightning bolt crashes near his feet, sundering the rock near and interrupts his thoughts. Razad would begin to discharge projectiles of sharpened stone across the battlefield slaying the charging enemy contingency... and...

As the letter reaches Ravenmire, a servant hands Bo the letter. With a quick and simple nod they retreat away as he looks onward to the Icy cold Northern sea. As he opens the letter a pain coming over him as he stands upon the walls, the icy chilled winds of the northern sea coming over him. A couple tears could be seen coming from Bo's face as he murmurs to himself looking out upon the northern sea

"Vy Uncle... I still remember when I was young and you told me to follow where my heart desired... You were the only family that saw me wed and passed on Vy blessing.. Vy uncle dearest you shall nae be forgotten as I shall carry on the burden passed onto me and carry on with what you have left in my hands. I shall nae listen to what other wish to think of me as Vy thoughts of me never changed. Rest well dear Uncle I hope to see Vy when the time is right."

The clashing of hammers against anvils can be heard ringing out throughout Ravenmire. Soldiers litter the streets baring Blackworth, Rhosmark and the Crown colours as they prepare their march upon the Mystic lair and other darkspawn nests within the North that have been forgotten by the rest of the realms.

"We shall answer the call for that is my promise to Vy."

"Oh Albus," sighed the deceased Baroness, her voice soft as she gazed at the aged man before her. Nataliya scarcely recognised him beneath the weight of years; once youthful, now weathered, yet still possessing that familiar wisdom. "You owe me as many stories as you have to offer, my dear cousin. It has been agony watching you and Sterly have all the fun without me!" Her jest carried a hint of longing, her smile only growing as she spoke. Then, breaking her usual fierce demeanour, the Phoenix of Amador pulled him in to a tight embrace, evident in how proud she was of her cousin, Albus Amador.

Ailure had indeed been by his side that fateful encounter. She did run, she could not deny this fact but if she had not what fate would have truly befell her at the hands of Sol Invicta and their Legion of the Abyss? Even now, sitting beside the familiar birch tree, her mind raced. His last words echoed so clearly within her mind, the only words she permitted to be his last words to her.  The last words of his echoing so clearly within her barely quiet mind, the only words she permitted to be his last words to her.

"It is better to save an Innocent Life than to take a Guilty one. It is better for the Soul."

She utters this to herself once more as she moves to stand once more, realizing what she had to do.

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

Razad had not passed a even a year ago, and in eternity he was fighting a thousand glorious magical battles in the heavens, in continuous Kaggath against his enemies. 

But he paused in his current conquests, a ripple sent across whatever real space he did exist in, pausing to think of the Old Professor. A strange interruption, he thought, that the wizard whom he had found a kindred spirit should suddenly cross his mind - was Amador trying to scry him? Truly, we must continue our conversation where we left off...

Zzzrack! The thunderous crack of an enemy  lightning bolt crashes near his feet, sundering the rock near and interrupts his thoughts. Razad would begin to discharge projectiles of sharpened stone across the battlefield slaying the charging enemy contingency... and...

THEY SAY HE WAS GRAND.

Theodosya von Augusten remained glued to the pew seat of Rikardsburg's church. For hours, she rhythmically signed the Lorraine across her body, muttering an array of prayers thereafter.

A rigid cycle for the viscountess-consort.

15 hours ago, MarquisAlex said:

Goodbye, my dearest Katherina.

"What do vy mean?"  Cried Katherina as she received the letter. 

-------------------------------------

Diligently she worked away in the forge of Brabant- hammer upon molten metal came to a swift halt as a courier met her at the door, who then thrust the letter forward.

"From you father," the courier spoke solemnly. 

Heavy leather gloves were removed and discarded aside. Odd, her father lived in the same town. Why would he send a letter?

Kat took the letter, and tipped the courier a few mina before she sent them on their way. 

Besides the anvil she sat, besides her pride and her work to read the letter.. and so she crumbled.

Each word she read, she shook further. Tears welled in her eyes and she, this otherwise stern and guarded woman, sobbed.

"There has to be a mistake." - "Is this a cruel joke?" - "Papej.."

Inarius-Bound-in-Chains-Diablo-Facts-Abo

(Diablo Art, Blizzard)

The Forsworn Diante stood afterward and as the remains of the honorable Wizard lay strewn about the field, the age-old Eidolon of the Wastes carried them to the brazier and then burned them alongside those of the fallen Aurae who pledged the Forlorn Legion her eternal service. The Paladin of Sol Invicta considered his role in the carnage and then alongside other members of the Damned Host resumed his patrols to pursue more interlopers. The wraith-like entity passed through the air away from the wanton carnage and corpses to resume his duties with mechanical and unthinking gestures. This would surely not be the last time that their border was penetrated by foreign vessels. Trapped and accursed, the Wizard had left a lasting impression. He was the only one among the fallen apart from the Paladin Aurae to be burned.

It was a small gesture of kindness that could not erase the lives taken. But the long-dead tell no tales, for as long as there were interlopers in the Abyss, so too would there be Diante the Cometstruck to damn them to the terrible curse of wandering the Wastes.

The blonde elf Seth ventured to the aviary, once more checking up on when his construct was to be commanded by the human he had sent upon the journey of learning the arcane, once more no bird with his name marked upon it, he took in the sight of the nature around him, a gentle wind brushed against him as he focused down on his companion, Rameethar the black leopard. "I am starting to think the servants of Xan disregarded my offer of aid. Yet curious Albus wouldn't pen that." The panther simply looked up at Seth, a moment of silenced passed. "Rameethar, we go down." Of course these words needed not to be spoken, yet the great act regarding the panther must continue and the construct never to aid Albus in battle.

The great mage was one of many names that Seth had met, yet one which would be remembered for at least a century unlike many others.

The letter would reach the Duke, who was on a pilgrimage, as he read it he wiped the tears from his one remaining eye. Now he was the only one who could remember the good times of the old realm, he was alone. He made his way home.

A veiled mali'ker found solace beneath the ancient boughs of the memory tree, its canopy concealing the night sky above. Yet, his gaze still managed to find the minor crevasses in the foliage the moon managed to pierce through - and with a tender gesture, he'd lay a hand upon his chest and mumur a hushed invocation into the tranquil air about the sacred space. A beat would pass thereafter the prayer, the ker staring quietly at a lit candle- which flickered in tandem with the incense that burned beside it. 

Turning with a measured demeanor- which had been done with thought as to not disrupt the serene space- he collected a handful of the sacred water that pooled at the tree's roots. As it would pass his lips, the veil of time parted before him, unfurling the tapestry of life he had seen previously first hand. Fifty years gone by in a fleeting moment, yet within that brief expanse he measured certain memories with careful exprobation. 

He'd peer then at the missive he had been clutching throughout the duration of this mournful ritual- one that had been penned to a Mirasul of Clan Val'taelu. The 'ker would break the silence only then, speaking aloud: 

"Koltira continue to guide me. I have another stop to make before returning home."

Ser Audo "The Colander"  - in one of his pausings from fishing and hunting with his family, in Sierra - took a moment to take in the loss of a familiar old friend from the mortal realm. Although, in his death, he had learnt secrets he cared not for in his living counterparts, he still held a deep respect for the doctor-turned-wizard. There were many souls he still watched, and even those he never met of his own blood that he would watch for many eyars to come. And, of course, too, the long-lived friends he made along the way.

Taking a breath, and stretching up a hand to run through his raven-hair, he huffed out a sigh before a somber smirk crossed him. He owed the doctor the life he got to live.
"A noble soul," He paused on that thought, "Ea hope we fight tgether auwn day - side by side - whatever realm it may be..."